LaunchBox Community Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance of supporting platforms, platform categories and playlists in future updates?

i.e. Banner, Clear Logo, Device, Fanart & Videos

It's super awesome that we can check on our individual games on a per platform basis, but we can't verify the platforms themselves. the only way to check is by launching bigbox and noticing what isn't there and keeping notes.

Edited by mcfilmmakers
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Retrofrogg said:

Yeah looking forward to trying custom gallery out. May I ask the reason for the name change?

Jason asked me to change it to ensure people know it is not directly associated. Since I have added support for another front-ends, this makes sense.

1 hour ago, mcfilmmakers said:

Any chance of supporting platforms, platform categories and playlists in future updates?

i.e. Banner, Clear Logo, Device, Fanart & Videos

It's super awesome that we can check on our individual games on a per platform basis, but we can't verify the platforms themselves. the only way to check is by launching bigbox and noticing what isn't there and keeping notes.

on the list.

• Like 3

Great tool, glad you have had time to update it and add features.  One thing I notice with naming is that matching for games with "colon" in them that use a dash as a placeholder for reserved characters in file names will not match in AAM but do in LB. So for example:

• Image Name:  Ultima IV - Quest of the Avatar.png  
  • LB Matches Game as:  Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar
  • AMM: Doesn't match, shows as missing.
  • AAM and LB match this: Ultima IV_ Quest of the Avatar.png

Another naming pattern difference is how pinball media is usually named since typically sourced outside LB database.   So for example:

• Image Name: Attack from Mars (Bally 1995).png
  • LB Matches: Attack from Mars      LB ignores anything in media brackets or parenthesis for match.
  • AAM doesn't match, shows as missing

Particularly for pinball media, the manufacturer and year in parenthesis format is typical.  Although LB method isn't 100% either since there are few pinball tables with same name but different year and manufacturer so then LB sees that media as the same table entry. 

Anyway, not super critical but wanted to let you know. 

Edited by sundogak
  • Like 1

I have now the issue that if the media is in a different folder as the launchbox folder that the AMM application cannot see them anymore. for using this it is recommend to have all media in the launchbox install folder.

did I done something wrong or miss an option to make this great tool workable again for me?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

In Win10 with full admin rights, UAC enabled and disabled, no antivirus running, etc - when I run Setup.exe, it brings up a window and then disappears. So I can't begin the installation process.

Is there a dependency this may need, or a new version not posted here?

I appreciate your time.

Edit // 11 days later after numerous restarts and changing.. nothing of obvious note, suddenly it worked correctly. Ah well. Mystery solved? lol

Edited by Haelstrom

• 6 months later...

@igotdvds I installed your program but it doesn't seem to do anything. If I start it I don't get anything. No screens but also no errors. I'm on Windows 11. Setup is working ok and it installs. But it just doesn't do anything when I start it.

Edited by X1pheR

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...