LaunchBox Community Forums

Zaazu's Bezels

Zaazu

Hey all,

I posted this on the RocketLauncher forums but thought you guys might also like to use them.

I'm making bezels for use with RocketLauncher. They're designed for 1920x1080 displays. I'll be making each to be as least distracting as possible while at the same time still filling in those ugly black bars.
I've created a logo background for each system. See here for a few examples:

5orH8ea.jpg

vXhZmxg.jpg

05qEA99.jpg

I've also enhanced some of my old handheld bezels like so:

ha2dwcu.jpg

G9mc1qc.jpg

Brdqzt2.jpg

You can view all the bezels here:
https://mega.nz/#F!WYkGkaoA!oILq-t4Ohofc-dy-6qcG7A

Just select as many as you want, download then paste them in your RocketLauncher/Media/Bezels folder.

Keep checking back as I'll be adding new bezels as I make/test them.

Edited by Zaazu
  • Like 5

Glad to see you working on these again. They are my favorite bezels to use. I bet these wouldn't be too hard to use in Retroarch for anyone that wanted to try.

Also, whenever I see something about your bezels, I always think of this scene for some reason...

Edited by JaysArcade
added link to video

Added:
- Arcade
- GCE Vectrex

You might need to rename Arcade to MAME for it to work by default in rocket launcher.

I had to tweak some settings in MAME for the games to line correctly with the Vectrex Bezels.

CbpRRZn.jpg

Edited by Zaazu
  • Like 1

It does accept the manufacturer ones. But even if ut doesn't if you have it using launchbox as the front end, and launchbox plugin for rocketlauncher as emulator, it reads your LB platforms for names. All you need to do then is set emulators in RL and bezels in the folders for that platform name.

Hmm weird because I've never had that problem now that RL was set to launchbox and launchbox was set to RL. Every time I add a new platform in launchbox be it arcade, or arcade hacks, NES home brew, or any of the classics platforms,  the next time I open rocket launcher they are all there and I can configure everything for the new platform. Even bezels because once rocket launcher has been started, all the folders populate in the directory structure.

Pretty sure I read a RL changelog that said Arcade and Arcade Classics were added to be compatible with Launchbox. I once tried something like Arcade Lightguns and RL would have nothing to do with it but my platform named Arcade works just fine with RL. Maybe something has changed recently with the RL plugins to be more name friendly?

This is part of the problem with Rocketlauncher. It seems that everyone has a different experience with it. I love it though and couldn't do without it.

Yeah I don't get it.  It hasn't had a problem with Launchbox names yet for me.  Like I said, you just make the platform in launchbox (using RL as the emulator), and then go into RL and set launchbox as the frontend, and all the platforms you have in launchbox should populate in the systems list.  Then you can do anything with emulators, fade, bezel, keymapping, etc., that you need to.

• 4 months later...

Thanks!  These are great!  They work fine in Rocketlauncher, but when I try and launch from Bigbox (via RL) they do not show up?  Only black space..

Any ideas?

SOLVED!  Had two copies of Rocketlauncher and was pointing to the incorrect one.  Fixed path, BOOM!  GOLDEN!

Edited by latin625

• 1 year later...

Just came here to say I've removed Rocket Launcher from launching most of my systems, but these bezels still work great as overlay borders within Retroarch. These are still my favorite bezels.

I've also made a couple for myself that I haven't seen Zaazu share. Turbografx CD and Sega CD. I included the cfg files as well. If you want to use them in Retroarch. Just drag all the files to your retroarch/overlays/borders folder and select whichever you want to use from the retroarch menu.

Unfortunately the TG CD one is from one of Zaazu's older designs as it uses a generic background instead of the repeating NEC background and the lettering is a little brighter than the rest. Too much hassle at this point for me to re-do it.

Zaazu, I hope I'm not stepping on your toes. Just wanted these to be available to anyone else looking for them. Feel free to include them with yours, or not. Or redo them, if that strikes your fancy.

TurboGrafxCD.thumb.png.1d00f156b653031f3192cc6ca95ebf53.pngSegaCD.thumb.png.a433ae4263666fbcf0fab21ac6388063.png

SegaCD.cfg TurboGrafxCD.cfg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...