LaunchBox Community Forums

Playlist Auto Generate Tutorial

Lordmonkus

• 2 months later...
On 6/28/2021 at 3:07 PM, C-Beats said:

@mgtroyas Confirmed the beta error you were seeing and will be corrected in next beta release. In the meantime to do what you were attempting to do (Capcom games NOT in the CPS playlists) you would just set up the auto-pop playlist like this:
image.thumb.png.f5831683217620df19e4bcd20e1c22d3.png

Thanks! Is it possible to make an 'OR' query with different fields?

Example: In my 'Capcom Classics' (same goes for any other company 'arcade classics' playlist) I can only select arcade games where Capcom is the publisher. Or another for the arcade games they developed. Or even the ones they developed AND published. But I'd like to make a playlist with the games they developed OR published.

Because sometimes Capcom developed games that have been published by another company (example: in Pang! 3, Ubisoft is listed -I think wrongly- as the publisher and Capcom as the developer) or there are other ones where Capcom published games developed by other studios (example: in Mighty! Pang Mitchell is the developer and Capcom the publisher). And I'd like to include both the games they developed and the games they published in my Capcom Classics playlist.
Thanks in advance!

Edited by Anarkade

• 1 month later...

Very very basic question.  How that autopopulate split the information?  Is it a core information on each mame game ?  I ask this because in my case must of my 2000 games are not categorise into a Playlist.  I have many category that only have 1 game after running it.  I use a old but stable for me mame.  Version.186

Edited by patrickfx

3 hours ago, patrickfx said:

Very very basic question.  How that autopopulate split the information?  Is it a core information on each mame game ?  I ask this because in my case must of my 2000 games are not categorise into a Playlist.  I have many category that only have 1 game after running it.  I use a old but stable for me mame.  Version.186

Right click any of your auto-populate playlists, choose Edit and click on the Auto-Populate tab. This will show you the rules it uses to determine whether a game appears within the playlist. You can also edit the rules to better suit your needs.

Hello Faeran,  I may be not quit clear or something i do not catch.  Here I added screenshot to show the process I do.  At the end, as you can see, it create many category in the playlist and a lot too specific and have only one game.  In the example it is driving - firework.  When there is only one game.  I actually have more then 2000's games.  Would prefer a kind of split with 10 maximum category

So, my point is how Launchbox has decide that XYZ game will fall into ABC category ? There is a metadata somewhere, for sure !  Maybe inside itself of the ROMS ?  I'm not a pro in that section

Screenshot (5).png

Screenshot (4).png

Edited by patrickfx

37 minutes ago, patrickfx said:

So, my point is how Launchbox has decide that XYZ game will fall into ABC category ? There is a metadata somewhere, for sure !  Maybe inside itself of the ROMS ?  I'm not a pro in that section

Screenshot (5).png

I believe that was what @faeran was explaining.

Take for example your "Driving / FireTruck" playlist in the pic you posted. If you right click on it and choose Edit then go to "auto-populate" tab and you will see what criteria (metadata) the playlist is pulling from.

Like in this one below "Driving / Boat" is pulling games in the 1) Arcade platform and 2) which have a "Genre" listing of "Driving / Boat".

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 8.13.29 PM.png

• 2 months later...
On 12/28/2021 at 12:19 AM, Gab Power said:

Whenever I use the Star Rating field, it includes the Community Star Rating overriding my own scores.

Is there a way to only use User Star Rating and not community's? 

Thanks!

I'll answer my own question with this solution : You have to uncheck Tools > Options > Data > Search > Use Community Star Ratings while filtering or arranging by star rating

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 9/2/2021 at 2:09 PM, C-Beats said:

Currently different fields are joined with an AND and multiple entries of the same field are joined with an OR. There is currently no way to change that.

Is this function still working? For my Famicom platform I have an auto playlist that looks like this:

image.thumb.png.428c403d5cc8b27c05d036338cd3ddab.png

But it doesn't seem to be working; all games for that platform are included in the playlist.

Edited by Retrofrogg