LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch now not working.

jamie1981uk

I have Launchbox all setup and I was using 2 emulators through retroarch. one is Sega Genesis and the other is Nintendo 64. everything was working perfectly. I have not been on for a few days and I decided to put neogeo on. All the games were imported and I double clicked one and......nothing. If I right click and open with retroarch, retroarch just opens but no game. Thinking it was a issue with the neogeo I tried the N64 and Genesis and none of those work. All my other emulators work outside of retroarch through launcbox. No idea why its suddenly stopped working and ok, I could just use a emulator and scrap retroarch but surely something isn't right? On another issue. I can load a game through  neoRAGEx  but through launchbox, I double click a game and then the emulator loads and then I must click the game again. Not sure if that's how the emulator is or if I need retroarch (which sadly wont load through launchbox).

Thanks for in advance for any advice.

Jamie.

Thanks bud.

I have not change a thing in retroarch. I tend to set things up and leave it. I have just updated it and copied all my cfg and what not but, still no go. I did update everything in retroarch itself. It's just funny that it was working and suddenly it's not. Like I said, I only have 2 emulators through it and I was going to do neogeo too.

For something to just stop working something had to have changed.

If you can provide a screenshot of your "Edit Emulator" and "Associated Platforms" windows for Retroarch in Launchbox maybe we can see something wrong with it there.

As for NeoRageX I am fairly certain that is just how it works but then again none of us around here use it to know if there is a workaround for it.

Yeah that could certainly be the cause of the Genesis stuff and I also notice you have a -c for a custom config for the N64, when you updated did you move or change the location of the config. I am not sure but I think if there actually isn't a config file that could cause a problem. I am not 100% certain of that though.

No idea why I had a sega genesis and retroarch but I have deleted the sega genesis one considering I'm using retroarch. So now I only have that and I have also used the emulator application path and pointed to the updated retroarch. All my settings were copied over. If I load launch box and right click a game and open retroarch I can load a game from that.

Edited by jamie1981uk
Poor spelling

Ok well I can tell you with certainty you have something messed up somewhere. Have a look at this mini tutorial I did for the NES and Retroarch with Launchbox, yes it's for the NES but all the same principals apply.

Did you move your games or are they on an external drive and the drive letter changed or something ?

32 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

This looks like a different instance of retroarch as you now have 32x, sega cd and master system checked as well. Or did you just check them?

I checked them. It was just a fresh core I downloaded to try because the updated retroarch didn't have one downloaded for some reason.