LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch now not working.

jamie1981uk

OK i'm getting confused now, lol. If i was you i would go to manage emulators and remove your retroarch entry's there. Then re add it pointing to the location of your recently updated retroarch, then go to Genesis and click a game then ctrl a to highlight them all right click and choose edit to open the bulk edit wizard, choose emulator in the first box then retroarch in the second box.

Appreciate the help people. I have stripped away retroarch and redownloaded it. I have put everything back in and the N64 and Genesis work. It does mean doing some settings but it's certainly a start. So I need to uncheck everything when the game are imported? I was not aware of that because it never mentioned it in the videos and maybe it should be if it is important. Next task is neogeo. I ave the emulator downloaded in retroarch but it's one of those I need to put in the associated platform myself. I think that's where I draw the line and use it's own emulator lol.

1 minute ago, jamie1981uk said:

So I need to uncheck everything when the game are imported?

Are you referring the the check boxes in the "Associated Platforms" window ? If you are then no, you don't need to check or uncheck them for anything other than setting it as the default emulator when importing your games and even then it's just which emulator it defaults to, you can change it to any other emulator you want as long as it works for those games and you have that platform in the Associated Platforms window.

3 minutes ago, jamie1981uk said:

Next task is neogeo. I ave the emulator downloaded in retroarch but it's one of those I need to put in the associated platform myself. I think that's where I draw the line and use it's own emulator lol.

Why would you draw the line here ? Both Mame and Retroarch using either the Mame or FBA core are infinitely better than any other emulator out there for NeoGeo.

• Thanks 1

Glad you got it working, sounds to me like it was a path issue but at least it's now working. No you don't need to uncheck everything when importing, as @lordmonkus and @DOS76 said that is just the default when actually importing, it can be changed anytime. As for the neo geo its very simple, just add the platform name and look at all the other cores above it in the associated platform list, they are all the same except for the actual name of the specific core. So just copy another line but replace the core name with the core you want to use.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

Why would you draw the line here ? Both Mame and Retroarch using either the Mame or FBA core are infinitely better than any other emulator out there for NeoGeo.

I didn't know I could use mame :$.

I have just highlighted all my neogeo games and pointed them towards the mame emulator and now it loads the games like I wanted :D. thanks for the help on that one. I think i'm more than happy with the collection I have. I just wanted to be able to play my games from the past (c64 days up to my arcade days) I think I will give the playstation and what not a miss. I think you can go too far and not enjoy the simple things that made you want to do it in the first place.

Glad you got it all sorted it out and yeah you can go too far with "data hoarding", it's much better to have games you will actually play. Though certain systems are just much easier to grab the whole set like the cartridge based consoles. The CD based and old computer stuff has such massive libraries it becomes a chore to get it all.