LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME 0.190 Released

Charco

50 minutes ago, JamesBond@ge said:

Oh wow. I never thought that was possible! Thanks Monkus.

Another question, probably a stupid one :-). My MAME 0.149 executable is 32bit. Will it be possible to run that on a 64bit Windows 7? I know there is a specific 64bit executable but my current 32bit one is modified for Hi Scores.

you can use 32 on 64 (notice you have two Program Files folders, ones for 32-bit the other 64-bit) you just can utilize all the extra horsepower that 64 gives you.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, natemac00 said:

you can use 32 on 64 (notice you have two Program Files folders, ones for 32-bit the other 64-bit) you just can utilize all the extra horsepower that 64 gives you.

Thank gawd for that! I'm just limbering up to do the upgrade in the next couple of hours and that question you just answered was going to be a really big headache for me. I need to keep my Hi Scores lol.  I'm so happy about that.

If you don't mind, I've got another question while you're here. Do all 32bit programs run on 64bit, and then there are the separate exclusive 64bit programs?

(This is such a 2010 question but I've been putting this off for so long. Sorry to derail the thread). Thanks.

Edited by JamesBond@ge

2 minutes ago, JamesBond@ge said:

Thank gawd for that! I'm just limbering up to do the upgrade in the next couple of hours and that question you just answered was going to be a really big headache for me. I need to keep my Hi Scores lol.  I'm so happy about that.

If you don't mind, I've got another question while you're here. Do all 32bit programs run on 64bit, and then there are the separate exclusive 64bit programs?

(This is such a 2010 question but I've been putting this off for so long. Sorry to derail the thread). Thanks.

I have not found a 32-bit program which does not run on Windows 64-bit.

• Like 1

I have such OCD about keeping my MAME roms up to date. It use to be a big headache to update roms, but i finally found a site that does the update well. I don't know what the TOS on posting those types of sites so i'll keep that to myself.

But there are sites out there now that make updating retro roms and info on them much easier then it use to be.

I just wish LB could utilize the updated database.

Edited by natemac00

Just now, natemac00 said:

I have such OCD about keeping my MAME roms up to date. It use to be a big headache to update roms, but i finally found a site that does the update well. I don't know what the TOS on posting those types of sites so i'll keep that to myself.

But there are sites out there now that make updating retro game roms and .info on them much easier then it use to be.

Yeah, posting links to sites that host roms is a big no no here. :)

2 minutes ago, natemac00 said:

But there are sites out there now that make updating retro roms and info on them much easier then it use to be.

I think I'm gonna treat myself to a brand new 0.190 install after this 64bit upgrade and then import it alongside my existing 0.149 to LaunchBox. So excited for that.

How comes you're OCD about it Nate? Do you feel like you're missing out on something?

1 minute ago, JamesBond@ge said:

I think I'm gonna treat myself to a brand new 0.190 install after this 64bit upgrade and then import it alongside my existing 0.149 to LaunchBox. So excited for that.

How comes you're OCD about it Nate? Do you feel like you're missing out on something?

No, just want to be complete on the database of games I have. Even though I know there's no point inside of LB since I think it's still using .175 database.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, natemac00 said:

No, just want to be complete on the database of games I have. Even though I know there's no point inside of LB since I think it's still using .175 database.

Yeah Launchbox is using a older mame database, so any games that have been tagged as now working since then will still not be imported as the database will still say said game is broken.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JamesBond@ge said:

Oh. It's probably pointless me doing a 0.190 install until the database is updated. Ah well. Can't have it all I suppose.

You can still add any newly working games manually if you want to, the database is just when you mass import mame there is a checkbox to skip broken games, but as that is a older list it will skip newly working games.

So if you had a complete set and you were doing and fresh import of the Rom, what kind of import would you get if you told it to import duplicates? Would you all the different versions of a game? Or is this feature just for roms that have already been imported?

I noticed a few roms are not getting installed because LB thinks they're duplicates, but they are not.

mshvsf
mshvsfa
mshvsfa1
mshvsfb
mshvsb1
ect... These are all Marvel Vs Street Fighter, would I then have 12 imports of M vs SF?

Edited by natemac00

Yeah these are all look like clones of the same game though, correct? I didn't check but from the naming it appears to be like a rev a rev a1 rev b so depending on the settings you use at import it may not include clones and at the same time if you  the right click the main game there may be additional versions available as additional apps to the parent rom.

Updating is very simple even if you don't know how or don't want to use a rom manager. SentaiBrad talks about a dome of pleasure in his MAME youtube video and they have a software called TorrentCheck on their forums. So if you have an old set then just join in the latest full torrent and upon completion just pause the torrent in client and run TC to clean out the crap files.