LaunchBox Community Forums

Videos play in BIGBOX but not in LAUNCHBOX

reverse_sorrow

I already have that on and don't work, it downloads the videos from steam or emu movies, they are right there in videos folder, they auto play in BogBox mode but not launchBox mode, they used to, until I updated it to latest... I find myself using launchBox more than BigBox you know, I know, I'm weird... anyhow I wont mind go back to previous version to get that feature back :-(

Very weird that it stopped working, I am using the latest beta and the auto play works fine. I always have it set to "click to play" just so I don't have to listen to the video play and if I want to see the video I just click on it.

I also use Launchbox mode more than BigBox mode but I do use BigBox mode on my HTPC hooked up to my TV.

One thing to maybe try is changing the video player in the options.

2017-10-21 03_59_15-.png

• 11 months later...

I have the same problem.

I figured out that when you change the name of the game in LB, the video don't autoplay.

For example in my Commodore Amiga Section:

When I name the game "James Pond" the video Autoplay run smooth. When I changed the name to "James Pond: Underwater Agent", the video don't autoplay in LB.

In Big Box it works fine. Any Solutions? Thank You

Edit: Oh just now, I find out that you have to rename the Video the same like the Game in LB. Like rename it to "James Pond: Underwater Agent".

Sorry i dont wanted to disturb ?

Edited by Kedog

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 1/2/2019 at 12:46 PM, circletheory said:

Sorry to bump this thread, but I was having the same problems as OP and corrected it. Turns out that by default, the 'Game Details' in Tools->Options->General had the 'Video' checkbox unchecked.  Once this was rechecked, i got videos to play again in regular Launchbox mode.

I was having the same problem. This was the solution for me. Thanks a million. 

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
On 10/20/2018 at 8:44 AM, neil9000 said:

Correct, the video needs to be named the same otherwise it wont know what video to play so wont play any.

More clarity and update as I'm using LB 10.6.  I had the same problem in that my preview videos did not play for one of my consoles after I had renamed it.  What occurred is that LB created a new folder under Videos in Windows Explorer which only contained an empty 'Themes' folder.  The cure was simply to cut and paste over the the contents of the previously named console to the newly renamed consoles 'Video' folder.  This will get your preview videos up and playing again.  The same for renamed games as the associated video name will have to share the same name as well if changed.  The same process will have to be done for 'Images' folder as LB creates a folder for the new name created and the contents from the old name folder to the new will also have to be done otherwise for those using Big Box will find no images being displayed.  Interesting that Big Box was not affected by the console renaming that impacted the preview video but only the images, and visa versa for for LB.  Well, anyway I hope this helps someone;)

25 minutes ago, Firedawg said:

More clarity and update as I'm using LB 10.6.  I had the same problem in that my preview videos did not play for one of my consoles after I had renamed it.  What occurred is that LB created a new folder under Videos in Windows Explorer which only contained an empty 'Themes' folder.  The cure was simply to cut and paste over the the contents of the previously named console to the newly renamed consoles 'Video' folder.  This will get your preview videos up and playing again.  The same for renamed games as the associated video name will have to share the same name as well if changed.  The same process will have to be done for 'Images' folder as LB creates a folder for the new name created and the contents from the old name folder to the new will also have to be done otherwise for those using Big Box will find no images being displayed.  Interesting that Big Box was not affected by the console renaming that impacted the preview video but only the images, and visa versa for for LB.  Well, anyway I hope this helps someone;)

You are correct in that if you rename a platform Launchbox will create new folders for images and videos with the new platform name and will look there for media.. However what i do is just delete the new folder it creates and simply rename the old folder that was being used to the new name.

4 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

You are correct in that if you rename a platform Launchbox will create new folders for images and videos with the new platform name and will look there for media.. However what i do is just delete the new folder it creates and simply rename the old folder that was being used to the new name.

Save yourself a step and don't bother deleting it just rename the old folder and Windows will merge them together.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DOS76 said:

Save yourself a step and don't bother deleting it just rename the old folder and Windows will merge them together.

Thanks neil9000 & DOS76 for the logical deduction of just renaming the old folders, and I would have come to the same conclusion (down the road a bit) but was rather hurried when I was noodling this all out.  Thanks again!

• 3 months later...

If anyone is checking this thread with a newer version (i.e. 10.11x or later) go to Tools->Settings then Legacy->General->Game Details and in the "Game Details" portion of the window under "Show" ensure  "Video" is checked.

If it isn't, even if you have the correctly named video in the proper location it won't display in the side bar.

See screenshot below for example:

ShowVideos.jpg

Edited by timekills
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
On 2/8/2020 at 8:43 PM, timekills said:

If anyone is checking this thread with a newer version (i.e. 10.11x or later) go to Tools->Settings then Legacy->General->Game Details and in the "Game Details" portion of the window under "Show" ensure  "Video" is checked.

If it isn't, even if you have the correctly named video in the proper location it won't display in the side bar.

See screenshot below for example:

ShowVideos.jpg

So in the free version of Launchbox this area is greyed out and videos are not selected. 

So free version = no videos?

• 4 months later...

Well... sorry for reviving this again but I have another issue regarding videos, the issue now is that videos do not auto-play but that they are missing all together, I can go to the edit game, media, videos and IT'S there and I can play it from there but video do not show up in lunchbox, I don't use bigbox anymore so I do not know if they show up there also yes, I do have the premium license so I have no idea what's the issue, also I must add that I deleted the settings file launch lunchbox and videos play fine then I restore the latest back up and no videos at all...help?

Capture.PNG

Edited by reverse_sorrow