LaunchBox Community Forums

Mario Kart and Tekknoparrot 1.30

dov_EL

1 hour ago, TheMadMan007 said:

With Mario Kart, I am able to open it up, but if I run it in windowed mode, it doesn't show up in a screen at all but I can hear audio. If I run if fullscreen, then it comes up with an error stating "Cannot find Direct3D  compatible device" and crashes. I'm not running on a laptop, and I've got a 1080ti, so it's not an issue with no dedicated GPU. Any advice?

http://www106.zippyshare.com/v/ECZkP0XD/file.html this .dll file fixes that direct3d error, i also had it and this fixed it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Porl Hendy said:

Yea its the red error that is shown in the wiki page but even when i press the test button it restarts and i get the error again lol thanks for your help anyway :)

I got it all working. The DLL download file fixed the issue. 

1. In TeknoParrotUI, select the Mario Game, Go to Game Settings, and then the Input Mapper. In the Input mapper, for Wheel Axis, you want to use the X axis of whatever you are doing (Basically the X axis of the left thumbstick if you are using a controller, so I just hit left on the left thumbstick and it will map that as both the left and right directions)

2. Start the game, if the game gives you the red warning screen, hit the test button (I used the left thumbstick click in) , reset the game, and then it should be working 100%

23 minutes ago, TheMadMan007 said:

Is there a other place than the official website we should download it from? I'm really sick of turning off Defender everytime I want to try this stuff out.

create an exception in defender or whatever protection you are using , so it does not scan the file

does someone found out how to get 1920 x 1080p as screen resolution? I changed the defaultconfig.csv and set teknoparrot to fullscreen (so not windowed) ... but it is not fullscreen 1080p

and how can I intergrate this in LaunchBox?

Edited by Chris Kant

35 minutes ago, Chris Kant said:

does someone found out how to get 1920 x 1080p as screen resolution? I changed the defaultconfig.csv and set teknoparrot to fullscreen (so not windowed) ... but it is not fullscreen 1080p

and how can I intergrate this in LaunchBox?

For mario kart command line is : TeknoParrotUi.exe --profile=MKDX.xml    

just change the xml name for different games which can be found in your teknoparrot game profiles folder.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, harryoke said:

For mario kart command line is : TeknoParrotUi.exe --profile=MKDX.xml    

just change the xml name for different games which can be found in your teknoparrot game profiles folder.

thank you.

under what system did you all put this game in? Taito Type X is wrong? Just plain Arcade?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2018 at 12:39 AM, damageinc86 said:

I tried putting this dll in the teknoparrot folder but still get the direct 3D error.  Crappy.  Windowed is waaaay to small to play.

u need to install DXSDK_Jun10.exe & directx_Jun2010_redist.exe from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109 https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6812 then restart ur pc, right click TeknoParrotUi.exe choose run with graphic processor - choose high performance nvidia processor