LaunchBox Community Forums

Added script to decrypt and mount ISO's now and also a powershell script to bulk decrypt entire folder of encrypted ISO's.

https://github.com/ptmorris1/RPCS3-ISOLauncher-Launchbox

So after getting into Launchbox from EmulationStation I wanted to port my PowerShell script to mount ISO for RPCS3 over to run on Launchbox.  I found the same thing as @Landcross that you can't run Powershell under Launchbox for some reason.  Finding his\her thread here helped me in a few ways.

1. How to convert PowerShell scripts to exe, very easy.
  2. nNASOS is awesome!  Will be converting my collection after this....tested his script and worked great!
  3. used his script to verify my own, Thanks @Landcross

This script will take ISO and mount it as a drive letter, then launch rpcs3.exe with the path to the mounted ISO's eboot.bin.  Then waits for the rpcs3.exe process to close and un-mounts the ISO.  No need to extract ISO files to play games!

Usage:

1. Download the file attached and create a folder under launchbox (or wherever you prefer) with the RPCS3-Launcher.exe and .config file inside.  I included the pre-created EXE and the .ps1 script as well but not needed for Launchbox.
  2. Add the RPCS3-Launcher.exe to as an emulator.  Emulator Name: RPCS3-ISO  Path:  path to RPCS3-Launcher.exe   Default Parameters  "path to your rpcs3.exe in quotes"
  3. image.thumb.png.79b69ee977b24e9f9ce54b537338c03a.pngMake sure to associate with platform tab:  Sony Playstation 3 
  4. and click OK to finish and close if needed.
  5. Now go into your games and edit an ISO game you have.
  6. Select the emulation tab and choose your newly created emulator RPCS3-ISO (or whatever you named it in step # 2)
  7. image.thumb.png.0353a9d298c6070cf5d725c1ddaf4325.pngDo this for EVERY ISO you have.  Once completed.....
  8. Start playing ISO games with RPCS3 under Launchbox!

How to use relative path:

• Put RPCS3-Launcher.exe and .config into your RPCS3 folder along with rpcs3.exe.
  • setup your default command line parameters with ".\rpcs3.exe"

image.thumb.png.9f96c83473832fec0950664b985e915b.png

Let me know if issues for you and I can try to help!

RPCS3-ISOLauncher-Launchbox.zip

Edited by phunky1
Added new decrypt script
  • Like 5
  • Unusual Gem 1

Doesn't look like it.  Let me mess around with it and see if I can get that to work also.  Thanks!

So if you setup like this it can work with a relative path, I will see about improving this.....

How to use relative path:

• Put RPCS3-Launcher.exe and .config into your RPCS3 folder along with rpcs3.exe.
  • setup your default command line parameters with ".\rpcs3.exe"
  • image.thumb.png.9f96c83473832fec0950664b985e915b.pngShould work now.
Edited by phunky1
Update answer

Haha, nice I was able to indirectly help xD 

Maybe a slightly unrelated question, but what are the benefits of mounting an iso as opposed to just opening it in RPCS3? Or is that not possible at all? I pretty much never used RPCS3 yet (but have been following the progress with great interest), so just wondering :)

You aren't able to open the iso directly as far as I know, so you would need to extract it out to its own folder and load the EBOOT.BIN.  This just mounts the drive and keeps the ISO in tact and easily moved around if needed, easier than a 20gb folder and files.

This looks like an extremely useful program, considering the fact that you don't have to extract an entire ISO file, which would take up a lot of space and it slightly harder to organize. I've (also) yet to try RPCS3 but have been following its progress here and there. Just wondering, are there a lot of playable games now?

1 hour ago, phunky1 said:

You aren't able to open the iso directly as far as I know, so you would need to extract it out to its own folder and load the EBOOT.BIN.  This just mounts the drive and keeps the ISO in tact and easily moved around if needed, easier than a 20gb folder and files.

Oh, I see... Well, in that case mounting the iso seems like a much better way than extracting it. When I'll get to RPCS3 I'm pretty sure your script will come in handy :D

• 7 months later...
59 minutes ago, Fablog said:

Hi @phunky1. What's the news about using PS3 iso with launchbox? Is your script our best solution? 

I'm not phunky1, but what do you mean with 'best'? It either works or it doesn't, not much that can be improved upon such a script ?

Though, I recently made my own script. Because, I use PS3 isos matching Redump.org hashes and those isos are encrypted. So they have to be decrypted before mounting. My script decrypts the ISO, then mounts it and fires up RPCS3. And unmounts and deletes the decrypted iso after closing RPCS3. But, if you only need mounting, I'm sure @phunky1's script works just fine.

Edited by Landcross

5 hours ago, Fablog said:

So @Landcross, you seem to be our new best solution. Where can we download your script?

Keep the good work for the community guys ?

Well, at the moment nowhere. If I were to share it here I'd have to finetune it a bit and remove some rough edges. I can do that, but don't have much time at the moment.
If you don't use Redump ISOs or just have all your isos stored unencrypted, my script won't work anyway and you'd be better of with the one from @phunky1 :)

Just now, Fablog said:

I don't have any iso right now. I want to get the right thing. What do you recommend?

I personally store my isos matching the hashes from Redump.org (thus, encrypted), but lots of people store their games decrypted (cause they need to be decrypted anyway to work in RPCS3). So, it depends if your priorities are 'preservation' of the true disc or usability/playability. Other than that there aren't really any other pros/cons for either format.

• 3 years later...

@FoxyMonty What are you using to decrypt your ISO?  ps3dec or 3k3y or something else?

Why not decrypt them and be done instead of having to decrypt every time you want to play and have that extra copy stored as well, just curious.

Looks like LaunchBox supports running powershell now so I have updated my script for launching ISO, will post tomorrow or this weekend.

• Like 2

Looking forward for the updated script.

I've just managed to make the current rpcs3-launcher.exe work, note that you need a couple of extra tweaks for it to close properly like rpcs3 would.

In case someone is curious, this is what you need to change:

Spoiler

Go to Manage Emulators on LaunchBox and select the rpcs3-iso emulator.

On the Running Script tab of the emulator add the following (this closes the emulator when you press Escape on your keyboard)

$Esc::
{
    Process, Close, rpcs3.exe
}

On the Exit Script tab, add the following:

Process, Close, rpcs3.exe

Also, don't forget to check attempt to hide console window on startup/shutdown. On the Details tab of the Edit Emulator window.