LaunchBox Community Forums

CoverBox

faeran

8 hours ago, Tomkun said:

@faeran

I've created a couple of themes that fit in with this theme, for Commodore Amiga and Acorn Electron so far.

What's the best way to share them? Would you be interested in adding them if they meet your expectations? I did them for my own setup, but if they're of any use I'd be happy to share them. I just don't want to tread on any toes.

Send me a PM with some screenshots and I'll take a look.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

First let me say I love the work you do...your themes are fantastic,  adding the "wow factor" to my arcade cabinet!

A question I have for you is...with this updated version I see the game titles on NES and SNES scroll horizontally when they are too long to fit on screen...but I recall the older versions resizing the text to fit instead...is there a way I can revert the game titles text to this older way?

18 hours ago, Leafs Forever A34 said:

First let me say I love the work you do...your themes are fantastic,  adding the "wow factor" to my arcade cabinet!

A question I have for you is...with this updated version I see the game titles on NES and SNES scroll horizontally when they are too long to fit on screen...but I recall the older versions resizing the text to fit instead...is there a way I can revert the game titles text to this older way?

For something like this, you would need to download the CTC files, load it up into the CTC, and alter those elements yourself. You would probably need to replace the title element in those two views with a Viewbox that has the title text inside of it. Something like that anyway.

9 hours ago, faeran said:

For something like this, you would need to download the CTC files, load it up into the CTC, and alter those elements yourself. You would probably need to replace the title element in those two views with a Viewbox that has the title text inside of it. Something like that anyway.

Thank you for the quick and informative reply...once I get some extra free time I will definitely dabble with it...the theme is still fantastic as is 👍...I only asked out of curiosity of the possibilities

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, St1x said:

This looks great but for some reason only my Atari St Platform image isn't showing correctly. I have the correct banner in the folder \LaunchBox\Themes\BannerBox\Images\Platforms\Banner named AtariST.png Anyone know how to fix?

image.thumb.png.cfad962d11c2aa00dba1c0e6dca0c675.png

Make sure the name of the image matches the platform. For example if your platform is named "Atari ST" you need the file to be named that as well not "AtariST". Also you'll want to clear out your image cache via the options menu.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Make sure the name of the image matches the platform. For example if your platform is named "Atari ST" you need the file to be named that as well not "AtariST". Also you'll want to clear out your image cache via the options menu.

Thank you very much, that worked a treat!

14 hours ago, AliMujahid20 said:

Hi! I love these themes. Just one question. How can I set the WiiWare theme for those games?

image.thumb.png.f66cfa619fbfe1aa9440e1cf53e239b8.png

This one:
Imagen

To be honest, it's possible I didn't port that one over with the new version of the theme. I would personally consider WiiWare games just a playlist of Nintendo Wii games.

However, you could get the same kind of look by going to these following folders and making a copy of the Nintendo Wii.xaml files in both locations and giving them the name of your Nintendo WiiWare platform.

• LaunchBox\Themes\CoverBox\Views\TextListView
  • D:\LaunchBox\Themes\CoverBox\Views\TextGamesView

19 hours ago, faeran said:

To be honest, it's possible I didn't port that one over with the new version of the theme. I would personally consider WiiWare games just a playlist of Nintendo Wii games.

However, you could get the same kind of look by going to these following folders and making a copy of the Nintendo Wii.xaml files in both locations and giving them the name of your Nintendo WiiWare platform.

• LaunchBox\Themes\CoverBox\Views\TextListView
  • D:\LaunchBox\Themes\CoverBox\Views\TextGamesView

Thank you. I had that doubt since that image of the WiiWare appears on the main CoverBox theme page and I thought it could be set.

3 minutes ago, AliMujahid20 said:

Thank you. I had that doubt since that image of the WiiWare appears on the main CoverBox theme page and I thought it could be set.

Yeah, unfortunately, it's from a very old version of CoverBox. It's essentially just a copy of the Wii theme, so it's easy enough to set up following my instructions. 

1 hour ago, AliMujahid20 said:

BTW, will you be considering Xbox 360 and mobile (Android) themes soon?

9 hours ago, AncientCarthage said:

Hi Faeran, I was wondering if you were planning on adding game views for Xbox 360 and PS3 in the future?  Would love to see those systems integrated into Coverbox in the future.

Next time I do a CoverBox update, I'll probably be adding Xbox 360 and PS3, and maybe a few others.

As far as an Android version... it's possible, but it would be extremely limiting. This theme was built with 16:9 aspect ratio in mind, and most Android devices don't conform to that. It would be a lot of work to get this theme ported over to Android, forcing a 16:9 aspect ratio. If I were to attempt to convert it to allow it to work in all the different aspect ratios and orientations required, it would most likely be insurmountable.

10 minutes ago, faeran said:

Next time I do a CoverBox update, I'll probably be adding Xbox 360 and PS3, and maybe a few others.

As far as an Android version... it's possible, but it would be extremely limiting. This theme was built with 16:9 aspect ratio in mind, and most Android devices don't conform to that. It would be a lot of work to get this theme ported over to Android, forcing a 16:9 aspect ratio. If I were to attempt to convert it to allow it to work in all the different aspect ratios and orientations required, it would most likely be insurmountable.

Oh, I was referring to Android as a platform as well as Xbox, SNES, GBA, etc, because there are Android emulators like Bluestacks.
image.thumb.png.e18e440ffa64f9712f3cb46984e00e7f.png

6 minutes ago, AliMujahid20 said:

Oh, I was referring to Android as a platform as well as Xbox, SNES, GBA, etc, because there are Android emulators like Bluestacks.
image.thumb.png.e18e440ffa64f9712f3cb46984e00e7f.png

ah, hmm.. yeah, that's a possibility. This theme is not really made for that type of platform, since it's supposed to mimick a game's boxart, but it wouldn't be the first time I implemented something like that.