LaunchBox Community Forums

CoverBox

faeran

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi! I love this theme very much, but I have a little problem.
I don't know why, but when I choose this theme, the icons of the play mode are missing in all the platforms...
but in the directories of the theme have the directory of Icons (\Themes\CoverBox\Images\Icons). :(

(sorry for my english.)

29 minutes ago, sklinch said:

Hi! I love this theme very much, but I have a little problem.
I don't know why, but when I choose this theme, the icons of the play mode are missing in all the platforms...
but in the directories of the theme have the directory of Icons (\Themes\CoverBox\Images\Icons). :(

(sorry for my english.)

C'est parce-que les icônes de modes de jeu de Coverbox ne s'affichent que lorsque les modes de jeux sont en anglais  :"Single Player", "multiplayer"...etc

Il fait éditer les XML de chaque plateforme et remplacer les occurrences de playmode anglais par les termes français que tu utilise.

Si c'est compliqué pour toi, dis le moi, on essaiera de trouver une solution.

Edited by cyrheys

On 10/2/2019 at 5:25 PM, cyrheys said:

C'est parce-que les icônes de modes de jeu de Coverbox ne s'affichent que lorsque les modes de jeux sont en anglais  :"Single Player", "multiplayer"...etc

Il fait éditer les XML de chaque plateforme et remplacer les occurrences de playmode anglais par les termes français que tu utilise.

Si c'est compliqué pour toi, dis le moi, on essaiera de trouver une solution.

Oh! thanks you, now work perfectly!

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, TheNewClassics said:

Hey faeran, thanks for continuing to update these. I've noticed on a couple of systems, the bottom of the text/overview scrolling is cut off a bit. Could that be a resolution issue? I'm running it at 4K.

Hi @TheNewClassics. That's a good possibility. Do you have the ability to change your resolution to 1080p, then open up BigBox and test?

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, ProstatePunch said:

Hey, sorry if I missed this somewhere (I'm still very new to BigBox) but is there a way to remove the clear logos on your theme?

Also, is there a way to enable the game text description like on your YouTube Demo video (specifically the NES one) as it switches about halfway though.

Hi @ProstatePunch. Custom themes are hard coded. To remove clear logos, you would have to go into each platform specific xaml file and remove the code for them.

If you would like to use the NES view with the description, I left that view file in the following location:

Launchbox\Themes\CoverBox\Views\TextGamesView\Alternate\Nintendo Entertainment System.xaml

paste it here:

Launchbox\Themes\CoverBox\Views\TextGamesView\Nintendo Entertainment System.xaml

Hey @faeran, I was wondering if you could set some of the platform themes to work for very similar platforms. For example if you could have the nintendo 64 theme work with the 64DD platform or the SNES theme work for the Satellaview. This is something I used to do myself when the themes wer eindividual, but is a little harder now with the themes being combined into one. Regardless thanks again for creating this fantastic theme!

10 hours ago, GiuseppeIII said:

Hey @faeran, I was wondering if you could set some of the platform themes to work for very similar platforms. For example if you could have the nintendo 64 theme work with the 64DD platform or the SNES theme work for the Satellaview. This is something I used to do myself when the themes wer eindividual, but is a little harder now with the themes being combined into one. Regardless thanks again for creating this fantastic theme!

Just an FYI, while your waiting for a reply from faeran, you can do this yourself by copying and renaming a few files in the theme's folders.  In the theme's Views folder there are two sub folders with xaml files you can copy/rename (those folders are TextGamesView and TextListView).  In both those folders you will find an xaml file called Nintendo 64.xaml (as an example).  Just make a copy of that file in the same folder and then rename that copy to the name of the platform you want to use that view (eg. Nintendo 64DD.xaml).  Do this to the files in both folders so that your theme will work on all views.

12 hours ago, GiuseppeIII said:

Thanks @GiuseppeIII. @CDBlue is correct. Just need to make a copy and rename the files within those 2 directories.

I will do this for the next official release, for these 2 platforms. Let me know if any other's can be added like this as well.

On 1/23/2020 at 5:46 PM, faeran said:

Hi @ProstatePunch. Custom themes are hard coded. To remove clear logos, you would have to go into each platform specific xaml file and remove the code for them.

If you would like to use the NES view with the description, I left that view file in the following location:

Launchbox\Themes\CoverBox\Views\TextGamesView\Alternate\Nintendo Entertainment System.xaml

paste it here:

Launchbox\Themes\CoverBox\Views\TextGamesView\Nintendo Entertainment System.xaml

This worked awesome!  Love that we have the choice of that, and it looks great.  Thank you!

On 1/26/2020 at 10:25 AM, faeran said:

Thanks @GiuseppeIII. @CDBlue is correct. Just need to make a copy and rename the files within those 2 directories.

I will do this for the next official release, for these 2 platforms. Let me know if any other's can be added like this as well.

Can I request an official Famicom Disk System Theme?  I know I just copy over the NES theme, but its seems like there's plenty of stuff out there for a Famicom Version, so I'd probably just use that if there was one.  Have you poked into it at all @faeran?

2 hours ago, ProstatePunch said:

This worked awesome!  Love that we have the choice of that, and it looks great.  Thank you!

Can I request an official Famicom Disk System Theme?  I know I just copy over the NES theme, but its seems like there's plenty of stuff out there for a Famicom Version, so I'd probably just use that if there was one.  Have you poked into it at all @faeran?

I've actually been working secretly on a major update to this theme. It will include 2 extra platform views, changes to existing game views, and a bunch of new game views, including the Famicom Disk System. Here's a sneak peak of the disk system theme.1532978088_NintendoFamicomDiskSystem.thumb.png.20940a289864e6063ccf60ba8905dafc.png

• Like 4

CoverBox 3.0 has been released to both the forums and the BigBox theme manager.

Change Log

Spoiler

CoverBox 3.0 is the biggest update in a year. It includes 8 new game views, 2 new platform views, and a ton of changes/optimizations.

Added the following new platform game views:

• Atari Lynx
  • Atari Jaguar
  • NEC PC Engine
  • Nintendo Famicom
  • Nintendo Famicom Disk System
  • Nintendo Pokemon Mini
  • SNK Neo Geo CD
  • Sony PSP

Added the following new platform views:

• Platform View 2 - Light Theme - Simple horizontal view using Styphelus' platform box images
  • Platform View 3 - Dark Theme - Simple horizontal view using Styphelus' platform box images

Changes/Fixes

• Sony PlayStation - added background over menu list to make it more legible
  • Sony PlayStation 2 - changes to layout
  • Nintendo 64DD and Nintendo Satellaview will now use the Nintendo 64 and SNES views respectively
  • Many small optimizations/changes/fixes to many game themes

Images of the new views:

Spoiler

Platform View 2 - Light Theme - Simple horizontal view using Styphelus' platform box images

Platform View 3 - Dark Theme - Simple horizontal view using Styphelus' platform box images

Atari Jaguar

734862082_AtariJaguar.thumb.PNG.e5bf64b345cc8cef78e8e8adfb696538.PNG

Atari Lynx

378274205_AtariLynx.thumb.PNG.a08681beba8d8a00afb6df9c3e039668.PNGNEC PC Engine

1613428917_NECPCEngine.thumb.PNG.9f498cbe78e6ebae47f38473c2003118.PNGNintendo Famicom

473062444_NintendoFamicom.thumb.PNG.0d4a1a6fb0bb872e79804ec3f2fd7edb.PNGNintendo Famicom Disk System

1220722190_NintendoFamicomDiskSystem.thumb.PNG.0de58f285e3b7217476d897cdbbb4deb.PNGNintendo Pokemon Mini

773691898_NintendoPokemonMini.thumb.PNG.7e2ae9f30a845ee5486e341431d2acdd.PNGSNK Neo Geo CD

330930644_SNKNeoGeoCD.thumb.PNG.fe90e8d1c4618678456ec6ab7c9b8ce3.PNGSony PSP

1071793275_SonyPSP.thumb.PNG.0c28391ac04a4bac475aed57f7568ff5.PNG

• Like 9

Hi! First of all congrats for this amazing work!! Now for my problems.. :( i am new to BigBox, and i've been noticing that most of the themes i download from here, they don't work as i see in these photos, i tried so many options that i am lost in here. Missing images, logos, or not the same ones i see here.

But about this CoverBox theme, i tried the 2.0 and it all works great (i think), however, i downloaded the coverbox v3 and renamed it to coverbox (the folder) and i can't see anymore views than the v2. Can please someone share your thoughts what may be wrong here?

Edited by Sanctus
better english

You should not rename the files/folders as it may break paths that the theme is coded to look for file locations.  You typically just need to just extract the contents of the .zip file you downloaded from there, and then move that folder, along with its contents, into the the Themes folder within Launchbox.  Or... even easier, just download the theme from within BigBox directly in the options/themes section and it will download and put it all where it needs to be without you having to extract/do anything else :)

3 hours ago, Sanctus said:

Hi! First of all congrats for this amazing work!! Now for my problems.. :( i am new to BigBox, and i've been noticing that most of the themes i download from here, they don't work as i see in these photos, i tried so many options that i am lost in here. Missing images, logos, or not the same ones i see here.

But about this CoverBox theme, i tried the 2.0 and it all works great (i think), however, i downloaded the coverbox v3 and renamed it to coverbox (the folder) and i can't see anymore views than the v2. Can please someone share your thoughts what may be wrong here?

Hi @Sanctus. From the sound of it, you extracted the zip file as a folder, so you probably have a Coverbox folder inside of another Coverbox folder. If you remove one of the Coverbox folders, it should fix your issue.

However, the simplest solution for you would be for you to just download Coverbox from the theme manager within BigBox itself.