LaunchBox Community Forums

CoverBox

faeran

18 hours ago, Krako13 said:

Hey, a big thanx for this wonderful theme ! some ideas for nexts platforms ds/3ds/psp/ps3

I really like the clear logos platforms shown on the presentation video in bigbox instalation theme, could someone share these ?

Thanks @Krako13. The clear logos were created by @y2guru, and you can find them in the link below. I did create a few myself to fill in the gaps, but most are from Y2Guru's set.

1 hour ago, faeran said:

Thanks @Krako13. The clear logos were created by @y2guru, and you can find them in the link below. I did create a few myself to fill in the gaps, but most are from Y2Guru's set.

Thank you, i've found almost everything i needed, you made my big bog looks really good, thanx !
About themes, do you plan to build something for windows games ? I havent seen anybody talk about it here, and with the ds/3ds/psp/ps3 it would be pretty exhaustive for the most use.

Hi, First I want to say: Great Work for this Theme, I Install it when launchbox added the multi theme option, and I loved,  second:  i Have an issue with this theme because I'm from Colombia and my windows is in Spanish(Mexico) so, when i Launch the theme in any view The icons for the single player control o multiplayer don't appear, I tried putting windows on English but no luck, maybe in a future release of the theme a fix for this issue, third: I have a Suggestion for the Wii Ware theme, in my launchbox scrapper is named WiiWare, no spaces so i can't see this theme, maybe a correction or a modification so it can accept the two variants of the name, and finally fourth: i suggest the theme for NEC TurboGrafx-CD, Nintendo DS, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Famicom, Nintendo Super Famicom, Sony PSP and Sony PS3.

Again great Theme.

• Like 1

I could really use some help here - first of all this is amazing! So clean looking!

My issue lies in the preview video that pops up within Big Box. It shows the screen where you can select a system. It shows intro videos for each system before you click on the system to find games.

Mine is a black screen - where can I enable that function? Thanks.

• Like 1

Is there any way to make the logos on the main platform page scroll all the way to the bottom and hide fully instead of just having them halfway down and transparent?  Also when I go into a system is  there a way to get the ticker to not start halfway through the text? All in all great job @faeran! Fantastic work. 

1 hour ago, eats7 said:

Is there any way to make the logos on the main platform page scroll all the way to the bottom and hide fully instead of just having them halfway down and transparent?  Also when I go into a system is  there a way to get the ticker to not start halfway through the text? All in all great job @faeran! Fantastic work. 

Thanks @eats7. You can change the opacity of the animation to 0. Within the PlatformWheel1FiltersView.xaml file, change the opacity of the FlowControl to 0 after the 3 seconds mark. Here's the example:

<DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames Storyboard.TargetProperty="Opacity" Storyboard.TargetName="FlowControl">
                <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:0.2" Value="1" />
                <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:2" Value="1" />
                <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:3" Value="0" />
            </DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames>

Sounds like you are referring to the horizontal scrolling text, this is a control that is built into LaunchBox. @Jason Carr, if you have time to look at the horizontal scrolling text control that you implemented, there seems to be an issue with the text not resetting back to the start position when a game is changed. This was not happening with the original helper control plugin.

1 hour ago, faeran said:

Thanks @eats7. You can change the opacity of the animation to 0. Within the PlatformWheel1FiltersView.xaml file, change the opacity of the FlowControl to 0 after the 3 seconds mark. Here's the example:

<DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames Storyboard.TargetProperty="Opacity" Storyboard.TargetName="FlowControl">
                <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:0.2" Value="1" />
                <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:2" Value="1" />
                <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:3" Value="0" />
            </DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames>

Sounds like you are referring to the horizontal scrolling text, this is a control that is built into LaunchBox. @Jason Carr, if you have time to look at the horizontal scrolling text control that you implemented, there seems to be an issue with the text not resetting back to the start position when a game is changed. This was not happening with the original helper control plugin.

Thanks for the reply! Works great. And yeah that's what I was talking about. Every time I would go to a game, I'd have to wait until it ran out and started again to be able to read it. Would there be anyway to implement a description button alongside play, launch with, etc? It could just open a text box with the description. Not sure if that's you or Jason, but sometimes I like reading faster than it scrolls :P

Edited by eats7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/7/2019 at 1:49 PM, Johnson said:

Is there anyway those make those box bigger or the word smaller ? i think the issue is cause of my monitor screen resolution is 2560 x 1440

Desktop Screenshot 2019.06.08 - 01.45.12.69.png

Sorry for the late response. I've fixed this for a future release.

CoverBox has been updated to version 2.4 on the forums.

• Added: CoverBox Intellivision theme view
  • Added: CoverBox ColecoVision theme view
  • Fixed: Sony Playstation theme - some box sizes were not scaling properly at different resolutions other than 1920x1080

Intellivision-1.thumb.PNG.71affcfea2a598ef3b67b7b0874b02ae.PNGColecoVision-1.thumb.PNG.afd11b3fe2a8f6dc5f0713a25cd12776.PNG

• Like 2

Hello, at first I apologize in advance for my English,

I am a French user and I love your very original and nice theme.

However, I currently encounter two problems:

1: In the NES view, when I browse my games and I stop on one of them, I do not see the description (field notes) appear as can be seen in your video trailer below from 32 second.

I tried to change witch another Nes view, but it seems that there is only one Gamelist view  available per platform in coverbox.

This video bellow captured from my configuration  show you how it is displayed for me

2: In some views, like Sega Saturn or Dreamcast when I browse my games and I stop on one of them the list of games does not disappear to flip and let appear the BoxFront and the disc as we can see in your video trailer below

This video bellow captured from my configuration show you how it is displayed for me :

Could you tell me if I missed something or how I could do to see the same display as in your fantastics coverbox's  video trailers ?

1 hour ago, cyrheys said:

Hello, at first I apologize in advance for my English,

I am a French user and I love your very original and nice theme.

However, I currently encounter two problems:

1: In the NES view, when I browse my games and I stop on one of them, I do not see the description (field notes) appear as can be seen in your video trailer below from 32 second.

I tried to change witch another Nes view, but it seems that there is only one Gamelist view  available per platform in coverbox.

This video bellow captured from my configuration  show you how it is displayed for me

2: In some views, like Sega Saturn or Dreamcast when I browse my games and I stop on one of them the list of games does not disappear to flip and let appear the BoxFront and the disc as we can see in your video trailer below

This video bellow captured from my configuration show you how it is displayed for me :

Could you tell me if I missed something or how I could do to see the same display as in your fantastics coverbox's  video trailers ?

Hi @cyrheys. Coverbox used to be many different themes. Each system, its own theme. During that time, I made a few different themes for the same platform with alternative views (like the NES one you saw in the video.

With the release of LaunchBox 9.4 I was able to combine the 20+ themes into one, making it much easier to set everything up. The downside, was that I had to choose only 1 text view per system (this is a BigBox limitation). The compromise is that there's a folder called Alternate, which houses the alternate views that I didn't use the official release of CoverBox 2.0.

You can find this location here:

Launchbox\Themes\CoverBox\Views\TextGamesView\Alternate

Copy and paste any of the views from in here, into the TextGamesView folder and overwrite.

Just note: The reason I decided to remove the boxart/cart from the Sega views is that it makes the game details page useless, as you won't be able to see the menu.

18 hours ago, faeran said:

Hi @cyrheys. Coverbox used to be many different themes. Each system, its own theme. During that time, I made a few different themes for the same platform with alternative views (like the NES one you saw in the video.

With the release of LaunchBox 9.4 I was able to combine the 20+ themes into one, making it much easier to set everything up. The downside, was that I had to choose only 1 text view per system (this is a BigBox limitation). The compromise is that there's a folder called Alternate, which houses the alternate views that I didn't use the official release of CoverBox 2.0.

You can find this location here:

Launchbox\Themes\CoverBox\Views\TextGamesView\Alternate

Copy and paste any of the views from in here, into the TextGamesView folder and overwrite.

Just note: The reason I decided to remove the boxart/cart from the Sega views is that it makes the game details page useless, as you won't be able to see the menu.

Hello @faeran,Thank you very much for your super fast and accurate answer.

Indeed, I found the view with the game description that I looked for in the alternate folder for the nes.

Regarding the sega Saturn, I understand your dilemma.

In my case, I do not use the details menu of the game and I bypass it.

That's why I prefer have the filp with Box and disc, so I have tried to use the Sega Saturn .xaml which is in the alternate folder.

Now I have the flip !

However, I also have a bad surprise, instead of having the coverbox and the DiscArt with the flip , I have DiscArt and …. DiscArt.

The same picture is displayed for both as you can see below.

I guess it's coded somewhere here (picture bellow) but I can not really say what's missing or what's wrong.

884801108_SaurnXaml.thumb.PNG.86ca9fefd227b2fc0c0a760f103187c1.PNGMaybe the line highlighted in red is not in the right place ...

Maybe in a flash you'll see what causes it.

So, I posted the xaml "alternate" Saturn I am using.

Sega Saturn.xaml

Edited by cyrheys

12 minutes ago, cyrheys said:

Hello @faeran,Thank you very much for your super fast and accurate answer.

Indeed, I found the view with the game description that I looked for in the alternate folder for the nes.

Regarding the sega Saturn, I understand your dilemma.

In my case, I do not use the details menu of the game and I bypass it.

That's why I prefer have the filp with Box and disc, so I have tried to use the Sega Saturn .xaml which is in the alternate folder.

Now I have the flip !

However, I also have a bad surprise, instead of having the coverbox and the DiscArt with the flip , I have DiscArt and …. DiscArt.

The same picture is displayed for both as you can see below.

I guess it's coded somewhere here (picture bellow) but I can not really say what's missing or what's wrong.

884801108_SaurnXaml.thumb.PNG.86ca9fefd227b2fc0c0a760f103187c1.PNGMaybe the line highlighted in red is not in the right place ...

Maybe in a flash you'll see what causes it.

So, I posted the xaml "alternate" Saturn I am using.

Sega Saturn.xaml 26.68 kB · 0 downloads

Its probably due to your image priority settings in Launchbox, its falling back to a disc image when another image is not available, per your settings.

2 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Its probably due to your image priority settings in Launchbox, its falling back to a disc image when another image is not available, per your settings.

I don't think so because for all my games in this liste,the boxfront is available and well defined as BoxFront type.

Anyway I see it in others theme, for exemple retrotastic.

Edited by cyrheys

• 3 weeks later...