LaunchBox Community Forums

CoverBox

faeran

First of all, I absolutely LOVE this theme, so thank you Faeran for the awesome work that you do. I apologize if this has been covered, but I have one issue with the theme. For SNES, I use a custom name in my LB setup. I name it "Nintendo Super NES". For some reason, because of that, Coverbox does not load the SNES layout, just the generic one. For the criminally stupid, is there a step by step way of getting it to recognize it using my custom name?

Help from anyone would be much appreciated...and thank you in advance.

Joseph

Edited by jrusso4587

@jrusso4587 and @Tromzy. Sounds like you guys are having the same sort of issue.

It will only find the platform specific theme if the name within LaunchBox is the same as the xaml files.

Check within both the TextGamesView and TextListView folders and make sure the files match your platform name.

The folders are in the Themes\CoverBox\Views folder.

Thanks for your answer ! It turns out  there is no xml file for Turbografx in the folders, where can I get it ?

Edit : I found the xml files in the archive you provide in the 1st post. You should be informed that the Turbografx files are not there when you install the theme via the built-in Big Box theme manager !

Edited by Tromzy

2 minutes ago, Tromzy said:

Thanks for your answer ! It turns out  there is no xml file for Turbografx in the folders, where can I get it ?

It will depend on how you named that system in Launchbox, if you have a different name for it, it cant match the artwork in the theme. So you either need to rename the platform in Launchbox so that it matches what the platforms images are called in the theme, or you need to rename all the images in the theme to match the platform name in Launchbox.

11 minutes ago, Tromzy said:

I did and it still does not work...

The archive that you downloaded from the forums in the first post. You need to delete the current version of CoverBox completely from the Themes folder (the one that gets downloaded from the themes manager), and replace it with the CoverBox folder from the Archive.

This would be the only way to know for sure that you have all the necessary files needed for the new NEC TurboGrafx-16 theme.

• Like 1

I downloaded the theme exclusively from the forum archive and the TurboGrafx-16 theme worked ! The Sega Dreamcast theme did not work, but I just had to rename the xml files from "Sega Dreamcast" to just "Dreamcast" and it worked again ! Thanks for your help !

On 5/5/2019 at 7:52 AM, faeran said:

@jrusso4587 and @Tromzy. Sounds like you guys are having the same sort of issue.

It will only find the platform specific theme if the name within LaunchBox is the same as the xaml files.

Check within both the TextGamesView and TextListView folders and make sure the files match your platform name.

The folders are in the Themes\CoverBox\Views folder.

Well that was simple. Simply changing the file names did the trick. Thanks so much Faeran!!

Love this theme.  I can't seem to get the theme to work for custom playlists though.  For example, I've created a personal Top 20 playlist for SNES.  Is there any way to associate the SNES theme for that playlist?  Thanks!

1 hour ago, SirTay said:

Love this theme.  I can't seem to get the theme to work for custom playlists though.  For example, I've created a personal Top 20 playlist for SNES.  Is there any way to associate the SNES theme for that playlist?  Thanks!

Hi @SirTay. You'll need to go to these 2 locations:

Launchbox\Themes\CoverBox\Views\TextGamesView
Launchbox\Themes\CoverBox\Views\TextListView

Find the Super Nintendo Entertainment System file in both folders, and create a copy. Rename the copy to whatever your playlist is called.

7 minutes ago, Porl Hendy said:

I see you have been putting out alot of great themes recently :) Thanks

You're welcome! I've got about 4 or 5 other themes going concurrently. One is a revisit to making a platform theme for Mega Drive since I've never been super happy with the one I did some time ago. Once I get through some more of the current PC titles I have an idea for a "unified" video collection for people emulating with ScummVM.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, faeran said:

Hi @SirTay. You'll need to go to these 2 locations:

Launchbox\Themes\CoverBox\Views\TextGamesView
Launchbox\Themes\CoverBox\Views\TextListView

Find the Super Nintendo Entertainment System file in both folders, and create a copy. Rename the copy to whatever your playlist is called.

This worked perfectly.  Thanks so much.  Seriously, love this theme.  

• 2 weeks later...