LaunchBox Community Forums

Moderating has stopped

diamondgeezer

Hi everyone thanks to @Jason Carr the database website has never been so fast for submitting material and moderating other peoples content . However that being said  it seems nobody whatsoever is doing their part to do the moderating  i have 60 pages that need to be approved rejected etc and some of these have been waiting for quite some time I.e ( Proposed 2018-01-31 @ 5:20 PM)  > I feel we all need to do out bit on the moderating side of things as it is pointless to keep adding and adding without doing so, all that will happen is we will end up having loads of duplicates to remove  and the hard work everyone is putting in will be a waste of time

Your Changes

Total Submitted Changes 28259
Total Pending Changes 9089
Total Approved Changes 26977
Total Rejected Changes 130

Your Moderations

Total Moderations 180175
Total Approvals 177821
Total Rejections 2354

as you can see i am not moaning about the moderating and not bothering about doing it myself i just wish others would make some effort as well

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It depends on how much information is required for loading the particular page; loading up a new game with lots of images and metadata, etc. takes a lot longer than just loading up some metadata changes. I agree it can be improved though. I don't believe it's slowed down any since I last looked at it, though it would certainly be nice to make it faster yet. I'll keep at it soon.

someone has uploaded a lot of garbage with the plugin,
almost all the material does not correspond with the real game 
(a lot of badly written windows games with 3d boxes that do not correspond),
the truth is that I get fed up.
I sincerely believe that they should disable the plugin because people do not even bother
to check what they upload.

google translator

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, xsilverfuryx said:

I sincerely believe that they should disable the plugin because people do not even bother

Agreed, if the plugin is going to cause these sorts of problems then it should be prevented from working. To me it would be much better to have quality contributors than quantity.

• Like 1

At this point I'm rejecting the windows games with the single 3d box, even if they're technically correct, because I think they're too low effort. A new game should have more than a (sometimes) spelled correctly title and a dubious quality 3D box to be added.

And yeah, moderation's still not going as fast as I'd like, unfortunately. 

24 minutes ago, FistyDollars said:

At this point I'm rejecting the windows games with the single 3d box, even if they're technically correct, because I think they're too low effort. A new game should have more than a (sometimes) spelled correctly title and a dubious quality 3D box to be added.

And yeah, moderation's still not going as fast as I'd like, unfortunately. 

I wasn't sure what to do with them, like you said they're (mostly) technically correct, but there's little effort and there's no : to seperate subtitles, and when I see entry after entry like this being submitted I stop because it's too painful to carry on..

• Like 1

The problem is that some people have really low standards and will submit anything. I spent a long time filling up the Taito Type X and Virtual Boy sections. Spent days cleanup up the artwork and getting proper descriptions and info. Then out of nowhere people started making really crappy submissions and replacing my artwork with crappy artwork so I gave up. I have a bunch of really good quality covers and arcade flyers but submitting them and explaining why the existing crappy artwork should be replaced is too much work. There needs to be an easier way. 

This site needs a proper artwork section with standards and guidelines like Hyperspin. Everything in the games DB should be top notch. I won't even update my systems with DB info because I'm afraid it will just overwrite all my good info and artwork.

Hyperspin has a google drive they use to dump artwork into and from there there are people who sort it out and clean it up and move the final sets to an approved folder. This site could use something similar. I wouldn't mind being part of that. 

I have a lot of good stuff, the problem is I never quite finish my sets so I can't post it in the hyperspin forums and uploading them here one by one is too time consuming. 

Edited by Styphelus

It's getting worse... Metal Gear Solid 3 for Windows? Fortran, a construction sim by Nintendo? Really?

I like to help out with moderation from time to time, but with hundreds of absurd entries in the moderation queue, it's really too much.

Something should be done about it soon, please.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, glaymore said:

It's getting worse... Metal Gear Solid 3 for Windows? Fortran, a construction sim by Nintendo? Really?

I like to help out with moderation from time to time, but with hundreds of absurd entries in the moderation queue, it's really too much.

Something should be done about it soon, please.

feel the same.... first I was wondering and thought "nice MGS 3 for windows" and checked that again and now I think "bäh"