LaunchBox Community Forums

Wataroo - Launchbox setup

dbalcar

Hello I am trying to get Watarloo emulator to work with LB while emulating the Watara Supervision.  It will open the emulator but the game will not start.  You have to manually open the rom to start playing it.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

I don't think it supports specifying the rom to load via command line. You either load it from the menu, or you have to manually edit some options in the main Wataroo.ini file for each rom (the autoload and cdf settings). At least that is how it used to be. I haven't tried using Wataroo for a while.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/11/2018 at 9:48 PM, dbalcar said:

Thanks I will give that a try.

I was just curious if you had any luck. I was also trying to get LaunchBox to boot them with no luck. I then tried telling Windows to use Wataroo to open when I double click the .sv files, but that made things even worse. My controls acted weird until I went back to opening Wataroo first then going to File and open.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

I know this is a really old thread, but I've managed to get a way to run Wataroo with ROMs from the command line.

Add these three lines to the Wataroo.ini file...

[general]
autoload=y
cdf=autorun.cdf

Then set your emulator to a batch file Wataroo.bat (in the same folder as the emulator executable) with the following content...

echo Watara> autorun.cdf
echo 64K>> autorun.cdf
for %%f in (%1) do (
    echo %%~nf>> autorun.cdf
    echo %%~f>> autorun.cdf
)
start /WAIT Wataroo.exe

If you have the files archived in .zip format, make sure you tick the emulator option to "Extract ROM archives before running" and "Attempt to hide console window...", otherwise if in .sv format, then just change that last line to remove the /WAIT from the batch file.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2021 at 8:11 PM, MesonW said:

Hi folks,

I know this is a really old thread, but I've managed to get a way to run Wataroo with ROMs from the command line.

Add these three lines to the Wataroo.ini file...

[general]
autoload=y
cdf=autorun.cdf

Then set your emulator to a batch file Wataroo.bat (in the same folder as the emulator executable) with the following content...

echo Watara> autorun.cdf
echo 64K>> autorun.cdf
for %%f in (%1) do (
    echo %%~nf>> autorun.cdf
    echo %%~f>> autorun.cdf
)
start /WAIT Wataroo.exe

If you have the files archived in .zip format, make sure you tick the emulator option to "Extract ROM archives before running" and "Attempt to hide console window...", otherwise if in .sv format, then just change that last line to remove the /WAIT from the batch file.

Thanks for this. I just ended up just going with MAME to emulate it and it loads them up full screen, ready to go...should I be using Wataroo? Does it provide a superior emulation experience with this platform in your experience?