LaunchBox Community Forums

Camputers Lynx Working

harryoke

• 1 year later...

Hi!

I followed your directions but I can't get this launching through launchbox for the life of me. No matter what I do I'm getting an error "Unrecognized content on command line". I used the command line above, launchbox default, checked and unchecked don't use quotes and every variation I could think of. Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks!

Edited by fromlostdays

On 7/22/2019 at 12:06 AM, fromlostdays said:

Hi!

I followed your directions but I can't get this launching through launchbox for the life of me. No matter what I do I'm getting an error "Unrecognized content on command line". I used the command line above, launchbox default, checked and unchecked don't use quotes and every variation I could think of. Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks!

2019-07-23_10-06-02.thumb.png.5e43f4a814f5327f8261ffd3ea2195f9.pnghope this helps

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I realize this is and older post but just figured that I would point out how to get this perfectly working in MAME/MESS now. Import and setup the emulator path to point to lynx48k -cass (I think older versions might have been complynx or something which is why some people might have an issue). Im using software lists and that works perfectly now.

To get it auto loading, just create a file in MAME/Ini folder and name it lynx48k.ini and paste this inside:

#
# SCRIPTING OPTIONS

autoboot_command          "mload""\n"
autoboot_delay            3
autoboot_script       

Works perfectly for me. Even the tape auto starts. No the greatest system imo though but another addon to my collection.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/18/2021 at 7:23 PM, Retro_Rage said:

I realize this is and older post but just figured that I would point out how to get this perfectly working in MAME/MESS now. Import and setup the emulator path to point to lynx48k -cass (I think older versions might have been complynx or something which is why some people might have an issue). Im using software lists and that works perfectly now.

To get it auto loading, just create a file in MAME/Ini folder and name it lynx48k.ini and paste this inside:

#
# SCRIPTING OPTIONS

autoboot_command          "mload""\n"
autoboot_delay            3
autoboot_script       

Works perfectly for me. Even the tape auto starts. No the greatest system imo though but another addon to my collection.

Hey Retro_Rage, could you help me?
I´m trying to run the camputers lynx games in MAME, too, but I cannot get them run. MAME will start and opens the command-prompt. The "mload" command starts and a message popped up, with a 2:35 minute-timer (why 2:35, when your script says delay 3?). After the timer reached 2:35, it will hide and nothing more will happen.
I know, I have to wait a little, but after 10 Minutes of waiting, I stopped MAME.
Could it be, that theres something, I missed, in your script?

In my roms-folder, theres a legit bios, my roms are compressed, as zip files.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
33 minutes ago, Svantja521 said:

Hello, has anyone made any progress with Mame? My command line is:

lynx96k -ab load\"\"\n -autoboot_delay "2" -cass

It loads the tape, but unfortunately nothing happens after that.

Try pressing ScrollLock (to get into keyboard mode) then press F2 (to 'run' the tape).  Wait for the screeching to stop (when the tape has fully loaded).  You may need to press ScrollLock again to get back into Lynx keyboard mode to use it.

Not tested. But those are the typical steps to Run a cassette tape in MAME.

• Like 1

You need one of the 3 bios sets lynx48k lynx96k lynx128k
You also need the softlist folder camplynx_cass

Default Command Line Parameters are just the bios set name.

Once you launch a game you arrive at the Lynx prompt where you need to enter either MLOAD (for binary format games) or LOAD (for BASIC ones). You also need to add the game name as per the camplynx.xml - see MAME's hash folder.
Examples (note the required use of case)
MLOAD "INVADERS"
LOAD "ZombiePanic"

The tape plays automatically and once done, MLOADed games auto run. LOADed ones need you to enter RUN at the prompt.

If you want to automate things a bit with the autoboot stuff, then you need to give each game it's own custom parameters like

lynx48k -ab MLOAD\"INVADERS\"\n -autoboot_delay 2

lynx48k -ab LOAD\"ZombiePanic\"\n -autoboot_delay 2

Edited by spycat
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
40 minutes ago, Joe35car said:

Trying to get this working and have the lastest MAME software list .263 and there is no folder called lynx96k. Just has camplynx.

lynx48k, lynx96k and lynx128k as mentioned above are the BIOS files which are found in with your Full MAME set.

The 2 available softlist sets for Camputers Lynx are camplynx_cass and camplynx_flop which both should be in your 0.263 Software Lists.