LaunchBox Community Forums

8.6-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

So apparently there is a new MAME importer... I deleted my Arcade list, and then reimported with the new importer. I have roughly 500 roms in my folder and it took quite a while to import, it looks like it imported over 2,500 roms now. Is there something that I missed or do I have to have the full MAME set now? I was using a modified version of LordMonkus' No Filler batch to filter out only the roms I want. So my ROMs folder only has 500 games in it, I point the MAME importer to that folder, then it imports 2,500 games.. Not really sure what I'm doing wrong. 

Hi!!

I have an issue  about the new MAME import tool

I´m  using a Split  0.200 Fullset –

I deleted my previous import to begin again. I´ve updated images and metadata.

But the problem is that a couple of lists are not generated. They are  Atomiswave, Daphne, Naomi, Hikaru and Sega Model 3

And  the sega model 2 is partially generated  only with 5 games

Ive tried to import from several different ways´,  trying different options combinations , but always found the same result.

Is there anybody  encountered the same problem?

Many thanks for any guidance you could give me

PS: I´m not an english speaker, so sorry for any errors or mistakes in my writing

11 minutes ago, espidie79 said:

Hi!!

I have an issue  about the new MAME import tool

I´m  using a Split  0.200 Fullset –

I deleted my previous import to begin again. I´ve updated images and metadata.

But the problem is that a couple of lists are not generated. They are  Atomiswave, Daphne, Naomi, Hikaru and Sega Model 3

And  the sega model 2 is partially generated  only with 5 games

Ive tried to import from several different ways´,  trying different options combinations , but always found the same result.

Is there anybody  encountered the same problem?

Many thanks for any guidance you could give me

PS: I´m not an english speaker, so sorry for any errors or mistakes in my writing

Those systems do not work in MAME, that is why there are no MAME playlists for them.

• Thanks 1

@theolsonhome If you import hacks, sometimes unfortunately those hacks can end up as the main game, which is why you're seeing Hangly Man and such. This is due to the region prioritization, but I think it could be improved to skip over the hacks, so I'll look to do that here soon. If you skip the hacks though, then you won't have that problem.

2 minutes ago, TheMadMan007 said:

When the new MAME importer says clones will be imported as “apps”... what does that mean exactly? I don’t remember hearing that phrase in regard to LaunchBox before

It means that the clones will be available to run from the right-click menu, or from the game details menu in Big Box.