LaunchBox Community Forums

Retrotastic

faeran

Yes, of course, a little bit of quality is lost, but I think it's only visible if you zoom in on the images and especially in that image.

Honestly, when I used bigbox I didn't notice it.

I understand that in fact it 's better to download the best version and leave people the choice whether to compress or not.

• Like 1

Next release is uploaded.

This time I added a pack that includes Capcom CPS2 and CPS3 games.

It comes with a total of 42 Backgrounds.

I also had to include replacement Platform Backgrounds for "Capcom Play System II" and "Capcom Play System III" to make the Game Backgrounds work.

Here are some preview shots:

Spoiler

cps2_1.thumb.png.e7e91377330fd0265cb5ac720a96ded6.pngcps2_2.thumb.png.ad5d0d8b7283183b76ae770550b32b86.pngcps3.thumb.png.6cf111ad28084e7572d3783735079333.png

Again, download at the usual place ;)

EDIT:

Teaser for next system ^.^ :

Spoiler

cm.thumb.png.d2f61df2d7c09221ee292a2ecb921cbf.png

Edited by Scratcher
  • Like 1

I feel like I was spaming, but I just released my NeoGeo Background Packs.

It's been split into 3 Parts and contains Backgrounds for 155 Games!

It also comes with a Replacement for the System Backgrounds for "SNK Classics" and "SNK NeoGeo MVS".

For all Games I used the Launchbox ID's for the Arcade Platform, but there are a few exceptions that don't have an Arcade ID

(for example "NeoGeo Double Dragon" doesn't have it's own Arcade ID and gets mixed up with the original Double Dragon game).

In those cases I used the SNK NeoGeo AES ID's.

Here are some preview pics:

Spoiler

neo1.thumb.png.55bcd09b13cdf4f3c3c8f2f0988d539b.pngneo2.thumb.png.5c1988b2c247302f155b3e4497eadd20.pngneo3.thumb.png.4051c4a6912cbc198436635ff6a77e0e.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/14/2018 at 10:13 AM, faeran said:

Thanks for letting me know. This has been fixed.

FYI I just noticed the same issue (star ratings appear in the video screen) on the "Retrotastic Quick" theme.  It only happens in the first view.

Edited by alnyden

3 hours ago, alnyden said:

FYI I just noticed the same issue (star ratings appear in the video screen) on the "Retrotastic Quick" theme.  It only happens in the first view.

I just tested it with the copy I have and I can't seem to find the issue.

I also downloaded the copy from the download page, and was unable to find the issue with any of the views as well.

Do you think you could have an outdated file somewhere?

35 minutes ago, alnyden said:

Anyone else getting corruption errors on zip files with Scratcher's game background packs?  I'm getting them on the Neo Geo packs, Konami, Capcom, and possible a few others.

Thanks again @Scratcher these packs are amazing!

R

I just downloaded all my Neo Geo packs and unpacked them without any corruption errors. Make sure you use the latest version of whatever unpacker program you use. I use the latest version of Winrar and it works fine with it.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Scratcher said:

I just downloaded all my Neo Geo packs and unpacked them without any corruption errors. Make sure you use the latest version of whatever unpacker program you use. I use the latest version of Winrar and it works fine with it.

Gotcha. I'll update and try again.  Thanks for checking!

• Like 1

On 11/11/2018 at 7:28 PM, alnyden said:

Gotcha. I'll update and try again.  Thanks for checking!

No problem, I hope you got rid of the problem :)

Also I just added Part 3 of the Sega Genesis packs, adding another 38 game backgrounds to the genesis game library.

Here are 2 preview pics from the third pack:

Spoiler

genesis4.thumb.png.0ee5de82b37c9cd339ae3a855ad7bfc7.pnggenesis5.thumb.png.e01355ea61f43abf03a7e4a180b4d7d0.png

• Like 1

Hey guys.  I am really enjoying @Scratcher's game backgrounds, but realized they don't work well with theme videos since they often use the same artwork.  I had the idea it would be nice to be able to toggle between gameplay & theme videos with a hotkey, without having to go into the options menu each time.  I created a bitbucket ticket with this in mind.  Please consider voting here:

https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/4643/bigbox-request-add-hotkey-to-switch

• Like 1

On 11/26/2018 at 2:41 AM, alnyden said:

Hey guys.  I am really enjoying @Scratcher's game backgrounds, but realized they don't work well with theme videos since they often use the same artwork.  I had the idea it would be nice to be able to toggle between gameplay & theme videos with a hotkey, without having to go into the options menu each time.  I created a bitbucket ticket with this in mind.  Please consider voting here:

https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/4643/bigbox-request-add-hotkey-to-switch

this got my vote ;)

Also.... pack 6 and 7 of the Sega Genesis game backgrounds are done and uploaded.

They come with 50 backgrounds each!

Preview:

Spoiler

bfgen-min.thumb.png.9827a9987deacde91fb932f2a0e57bf9.pngso2gen-min.thumb.png.d62f84ffbec0d5787eb0eafb3e0a94cf.pngsorgen-min.thumb.png.401b7bcb12606e3d060e85b9b8ad81e5.pngtruxgen-min.thumb.png.7bc8514d43145636f7aaf2880f53850e.pngwbmwgen-min.thumb.png.fca822efe7b980ff808880a966bb7523.png

• Like 2