LaunchBox Community Forums

Retrotastic

faeran

23 minutes ago, Xirvet said:

Just reposting here cause I still have this issue to this day and would like some sort of fix especially since I have made a lot of backgrounds for the theme and would like to post screenshots that have all the icons

Sorry to hear this. I should definitely update this theme to the newest themer plugin. I don't think that's the issue though. I've attempted to replicate the issue in the past with no luck.

@eatkinola Can you think of any reason why the themer plugin isn't pulling the icons, and is using the default instead?

12 minutes ago, faeran said:

Sorry to hear this. I should definitely update this theme to the newest themer plugin. I don't think that's the issue though. I've attempted to replicate the issue in the past with no luck.

@eatkinola Can you think of any reason why the themer plugin isn't pulling the icons, and is using the default instead?

Well in my setup, I use NeonDeluxeArcade as the theme (I prefer "fullscreen" videos for platform view) and Retrotastic is used in almost all my playlists. I do remember putting Retrotastic as the default to see if it would change anything but to no avail. My Launchbox is also installed on the D drive of my computer, I don't think it has any impact but thought I'd mention just in case. A 3rd thing I saw was that while the config file Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_4.dll.config has <add key="Setting.AllowResourceOverrides" value="True" />, I once accidentaly opened the dll file in notepad by accident and there saw that the same line was set to false. Sadly I have no idea how to edit DLLs to test so that could be something to look for. I'll attach those two files for reference.

Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_4.dll.config Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_4.dll

Edited by Xirvet
Typo fix

10 hours ago, Xirvet said:

Well in my setup, I use NeonDeluxeArcade as the theme (I prefer "fullscreen" videos for platform view) and Retrotastic is used in almost all my playlists. I do remember putting Retrotastic as the default to see if it would change anything but to no avail.

I'm not aware that NeonDeluxeArcade uses the Ao.Bigbox.Themer dll, but would you check its plugins folder?  If so, that's a possible point of conflict.

My Launchbox is also installed on the D drive of my computer, I don't think it has any impact but thought I'd mention just in case.

That's fine; I do the same.

A 3rd thing I saw was that while the config file Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_4.dll.config has <add key="Setting.AllowResourceOverrides" value="True" />, I once accidentaly opened the dll file in notepad by accident and there saw that the same line was set to false. Sadly I have no idea how to edit DLLs to test so that could be something to look for. I'll attach those two files for reference.

The default config, bundled in the DLL, sets AllowResourceOverrides to False. Since @faeran provides his own copy of Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_4.dll.config with his theme, that default config in the DLL is ignored and his setting of AllowResourceOverrides True is honored.

QUESTION: You said the ESRB icons are showing up. Are those the ESRB icons styled by faeran or the basic icons provided in the themer library. Some screenshots might help.

1 hour ago, eatkinola said:

I'm not aware that NeonDeluxeArcade uses the Ao.Bigbox.Themer dll, but would you check its plugins folder?  If so, that's a possible point of conflict.

That's fine; I do the same.

The default config, bundled in the DLL, sets AllowResourceOverrides to False. Since @faeran provides his own copy of Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_4.dll.config with his theme, that default config in the DLL is ignored and his setting of AllowResourceOverrides True is honored.

QUESTION: You said the ESRB icons are showing up. Are those the ESRB icons styled by faeran or the basic icons provided in the themer library. Some screenshots might help.

I checked and NeonDeluxeArcade does not use it

As for icons, I only get the star rating icon. For example, here's Mario Party 3 on my config

Sans titre.png

Sans titre2.png

1 minute ago, Xirvet said:

Alright here it is. From what I see, it works fine in your theme.

Great, thanks. What about testing with a fresh download of Retrotastic?

@faeran: Have you noticed any problems with these icons using current versions of LB/BB? Please remind me what version of the Ao.Bigbox.Themer library your current version of Retrotastic uses.

1 minute ago, eatkinola said:

Great, thanks. What about testing with a fresh download of Retrotastic?

@faeran: Have you noticed any problems with these icons using current versions of LB/BB? Please remind me what version of the Ao.Bigbox.Themer library your current version of Retrotastic uses.

Can answer that second part, the theme (at least for me) uses Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I love this theme, however I had did not like the platform MS-DOS look.
I disliked the fire, and disk drives mismatching colors, while true for PC during that time frame. I like a more cleaner look of the past.
So here what I created to replace it with, pretty much at the high end of of the just before retiring of MS-DOS.

MS-DOS.thumb.png.34ec434cf43471afff4732ea1da8aeb0.png

• Like 1
  • Game On 1

I finally have managed to do a new backround upload:

Pack 1 and 2 of Taito Classics Backgrounds uploaded:

-Pack 1 contains 60 backgrounds for Taito Arcade games

-Pack 2 contains 59 backrounds for Taito Arcade games + 1 animated png + Taito Classics system Background

I also uploaded a theme for the unreleased 32x game Pinocchio and for the Cave arcade game Akai Katana.

There are many many more Arcade games from Taito so I am far away from being done with it. In fact this 2 packs only have games starting with A to K in it. Rest will follow some other time ;)

And as always, some preview pics:

Spoiler

tc1-min.thumb.png.7d153845f3e99d5c94792ef625055a1f.pngtc2-min.thumb.png.e98318ec421638909d7be1a319f9b9d6.pngtc3-min.thumb.png.d396bbefc0038ee8f8108a900deb2675.pngtc4-min.thumb.png.9df73530d1d7f8f277e780b0ad5cd11d.pngakaikatana-min.thumb.png.25345f27ae1aa7d01a418eaae981db65.pngpinocchio32x-min.thumb.png.b0390fad6d8da1ec795ff9faf15f9306.png

Edited by Scratcher
  • Like 1
  • Game On 1

• 5 weeks later...

hello, 

this retrotastic theme is Awesome i was wondering if its possible to get game information and description text on the right side where it shows the game cover but just underneath that area.  

Sorry if this has been asked before or if there is a way to do this i am unsure.

Thanks awesome Theme its my favorite by far.