LaunchBox Community Forums

Atari 7800??

floplop

5 minutes ago, floplop said:

it wont let me use the prosystem is wants me to add one applicable platform to the grid event though I checked the box. any help

Thats the associated platform tab, you need to tell Launchbox what system the emulator is for, and it must match exactly what you called the system in Launchbox.

Just now, floplop said:

was able to get the emulator and rom images loaded, but games wont play. I dont think launchbox knows how to handle this emulator.

Launchbox doesnt care what the emulator is, it works with everything.

Bulk edit your roms by clicking a game then ctrl A to highlight them all, then right click one and go to edit, click next then in the dropdown choose emulator, then in the second dropdown prosystem, finish out the wizard and launch a game.

I just set up my LB system to use RetroArch for the 7800 and it's working very well. 

As far as I know (and I'm very new to this so forgive me if I'm wrong) but LaunchBox doesn't need to know how to "handle" the emulator as such. It just launches it as per your settings (emulator path / quotes or not around roms / etc) so, in theory, it should be able to launch any emulator.

What if you just launch the emulator directly, do the same games play okay then?

• Like 1

Just now, Johnny T said:

As far as I know (and I'm very new to this so forgive me if I'm wrong) but LaunchBox doesn't need to know how to "handle" the emulator as such. It just launches it as per your settings (emulator path / quotes or not around roms / etc) so, in theory, it should be able to launch any emulator.

Correct.

• Like 1

Are you absolutely dead set on prosystem? If not, what about trying RetroArch? As I say, it worked straight out of the box for me?

If not, have you tried what Neil advises in the next post up?

4 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Launchbox doesnt care what the emulator is, it works with everything.

Bulk edit your roms by clicking a game then ctrl A to highlight them all, then right click one and go to edit, click next then in the dropdown choose emulator, then in the second dropdown prosystem, finish out the wizard and launch a game.

Edited by Johnny T

Just now, floplop said:

it doesn't like this emulator, wont work

Im going to be carefull what i say here, but you are wrong. You clearly have set up something wrong or else it would work.

58 minutes ago, bundangdon said:

ProSystem is easy to set up with LaunchBox. Just set it up like any other emulator, and it doesn't require any special command lines.

This says that it does work, check your emulator settings.