LaunchBox Community Forums

Taito type X

ngok31

Hi all,

I want to use Taito Type X rom on Lauchnbox. I have some rom from HyperPC with attract mode on windows. Can someone tell le how can I put theses roms in Launchbox ?

I have found a video tutorial in the Youtube channel of Launchbox but it's too old.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

"roms" is a weird description for games on this system. these are specialized games that run on windows.
So it's a quest for finding the right command line or shortcut and feed that to launchbox. taken that you have the proper pre-requirements installed on your PC allready. 

Good luck! 

• 1 month later...

Basically, start by downloading teknoparrot @ teknoparrot dot com. Some antivirus flag some files, but thats not unusual for Taito type-X and other arcde system alike.

Take time to run Teknoparrot UI, and configure some games. In the teknoparrot emulator folder, you'll notice a folder named game profiles, containning a bunch of XML profiles, they will be usefull once you are set with Teknoparrot UI.

Now for Launchbox, here's what I do: 1)Create a shortcut for each game I want to use, and name it accordingly to the game. 3) I add Teknoparrot as an emulator, with no specific paramaters. 3) Add your Taito TYpex game manually to Launchbox. 3) it is where some don't know what to do : under the "Emulation" Tab of the game. select Teknoparrot as an emulator and then check custom command line parameter and type

--profile=SuperStreetFighterIVArcadeEditionVer2012.xml

choose the profile name acordingly to those XMLs we've seen under the Teknoparrot profile Folder.

and you should be set! Sadly, with this method, even a bulk import the shortcuts we've created each need to be edited manually with the emator or at least the line for the profile.

Note: You'll notice that teknoparrot support a lot more than just Taito TypeX games, I wont go in details for configs for each games, the Interwebz should provided you the information you need! Worst case scenario, if you already done torough researches, just PM me here and I can either help you, or point you to some more detailled informations!

Enjoy!

TTX CONFIG.jpg

Edited by SagaXIV
added picture of config

• 2 months later...

Hi Mate,

So far I have been using Colpipes78 examu Ex-board tutorial as my main resource.

COLPIPES78 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzohF-hgujA

SIMPLY AUSTIN https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S6F-4QZfzo

LAUNCHBOX https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xowd0JiDqdQ

Taito typex, Nesica, Examu Exboard, Tekno Parrot and the Sega Edge and similar roms all work in the same way.

I have been able join the rom sets of:-

TEKNO PARROT, NESICA, EXAMU EXBOARD, TAITO TYPE X FROM COLPIPES & TAITO TYPE X FROM SIMPLY AUSTIN

They all work with RH LOADER, once you get one game working , transfer the following files to each game directory.

RHLOADER.EXE - LOADS GAMES

RH_CONFIG.EXE - CONFIGURES GAME LOADER

TTXCONFIG.EXE & TTXCONFIG 2.0.EXE - MANUALLY SETS CONTROLS

"..\SV" FOLDER - STORES CONTROLS CONFIG, SO COPY FOR EACH GAME

Now can someone help me. How do I setup AHK script to exit RH LOADER to go back to my frontend?

Thanks In advance BMAN

• 1 year later...

I've gone through three different sets of taito type x....hardly any of the games work, and a few even have some silly screen with acsii art that says it is a virus,...but I think it's just playing with people.  Who knows.  It's crazy that there isn't a full clean set out there by now, well, readily available that is.

Hi @damageinc86

The TAITO X emulator is RH LOADER. 

The initial start up screen is red and black and says virus 

It's not a virus. I don't know why the developer made the software this way. 

There is an .INI file that you have to open to agree to the terms and then the warning goes away and the games work. 

You'll then need to run the "Game Loader Config" then do the following below:

Windows 10, "C: \ Users \ USER NAME \ AppData \ Roaming \ Game Loader All RH \ TTX.ini"
Windows XP, "C: \ Documents and Settings \ USER NAME \ Application Data \ Game Loader All RH \ TTX.ini"

-Open TTX.ini with notepad and modify this:

[Ignore]
Warning=agree

And then run the "Game Loader Installer"

Game Loader All Rh - Page 5 - ARCADE PC DUMP LOADER - Emuline - Emulation  Arcade PC Retrogaming Game Jeux

He made it that way to scare off people who didnt know what they were doing as he is not prepared to offer support to people who do not know what they are doing with programs like this. It is not a virus, but antivirus's will see it as so due to the way it has to work. It's clear that people in this thread do not understand what is going on here, these games are not emulated in the normal sense of the word. All these games were essentially PC's in cabinets, and the anti piracy methods were several, including the games not launching on any hardware that varies, even slightly from the hardware in the cabinet, as well as the exact same version of windows (which i entirely hope that you are not running these days), this means all parts of the PC not just CPU/GPU but right down to things like bluetooth adapters and controllers connected etc.

So this loader "tricks" the game into thinking that it is running on the exact hardware and OS that it is supposed to be, this is done with .dll's and injecting the .exe files, which is exactly how a virus would behave, hence the flags you see from antivirus software. Even then though it doesnt guarantee games will work as i said anything different on your PC than the original cabinet could mean games dont work, and it just shows a generic error regardless of the actual issue preventing the launch, even not having your controller on or connected when launching the game can cause the error and for it not to work. Also not all PC's are the same and you may need different loader settings than someone else in order to trick the game into working, this is absolutely not a one size fits all solution, but it is what it is. If you want to play these games, this is how, if you dont like the virus warnings and lack of support from the developer of the loader, then dont use it.

These are not trivial systems to "emulate" and they come with many potential issues, so you live with them, or dont use these systems. Also a lot of these games are available officially on steam and the like for PC, so you could you know actually buy the games you want, theres a novel thought eh?

On 12/6/2020 at 10:34 PM, bman83 said:

Hi @damageinc86

The TAITO X emulator is RH LOADER. 

The initial start up screen is red and black and says virus 

It's not a virus. I don't know why the developer made the software this way. 

There is an .INI file that you have to open to agree to the terms and then the warning goes away and the games work. 

You'll then need to run the "Game Loader Config" then do the following below:

Windows 10, "C: \ Users \ USER NAME \ AppData \ Roaming \ Game Loader All RH \ TTX.ini"
Windows XP, "C: \ Documents and Settings \ USER NAME \ Application Data \ Game Loader All RH \ TTX.ini"

-Open TTX.ini with notepad and modify this:

[Ignore]
Warning=agree

And then run the "Game Loader Installer"

Yeah I started to get the feeling that it was just a silly thing, but since this is my first time ever checking taito type x out, I was curious if there were any sets that were straightforward and worked, and just "ready to go" by now.  I noticed austin had one game in my set that worked when I opened the batch file, and rotated everything correctly with his custom made bezel.  I thought that was cool.  But most of the other games didn't do anything.  I'll try to give it another shot, thanks for your help.

Hi @damageinc86,

Yeah there are "sets". The Taito X games are not traditional emulator paired with roms though. They are setup like pc games. Each one has it's own emulator executable and config settings. You have to set them up individually. 

For controller settings though I recommend setting up one game and copying the config file to all the other games in your set. They you don't have to go through controller setup every time.

I think I setup a fake emulator and then manually pointed to each game.exe executable in the set. 

That's the way I did it I don't update my software anymore. So the new versions of LB might be doing this differently now. 

For good tutorials look up colpipes1978 and simply austin.