LaunchBox Community Forums

More ReignStumble style platform images

JRavens

I took a stab at adding a few more Platform images to go with the amazing ones provided by ReignStumble
(found here - https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/file/130-reignstumbles-console-artwork-pack/ )

These are in no way nearly as good as the originals, but they suffice for my purposes and perhaps someone else will find them useful. They are a combination of kitbashing some of the existing icons and judicious use of photoshop with some of my own additions. All credit to ReignStumble and the orginal artist(s).

Sadly I really struggled when trying to make other more unique consoles (they just didn't make the cut) and without having access to the original photoshop / illustrator files (or whatever the original artist used to create them) I doubt I will do many others... if any :(

Nintendo Switch.png

Microsoft Xbox One.png

Microsoft Xbox One X BW.png

Microsoft Xbox One S.png

Edited by JRavens
  • Like 2

Three " Frankenstein-ed" logos after I gave up on trying to create the actual devices. These feel too different from the main pack tbh, but shrug here they are.
Maybe there is some sort of alternate style could do using logos and textures like these, but I do very much prefer the actual devices themselves :/ 

Bandai Super Vision 8000.png

Fairchild Channel F.png

Emerson Arcadia 2001.png

Edited by JRavens
  • Like 1

Some "unbranded" versions of existing icons. They just have the names and some other bits scrubbed off.
These might be useful as placeholders or generics to fill in missing spots for your devices. I may add a few more of these if people want for some reason / use.
Two "blanks"  at the bottom as well I was using while playing with the "logos as devices idea" shown above.

Matell Intellivision Unbranded 1.png

Mattel Intellivision Unbranded 2.png

Sega SC-3000 Unbranded.png

Amstrad Unbranded.png

Amiga Unbranded.png

Commodore-64-Unbranded.png

blank.png

Edited by JRavens
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
En 02/07/2019 a las 5:09, JRavens dijo:

Algunas versiones "sin marca" de los iconos existentes. Sólo tienen los nombres y algunos otros bits fregados fuera.
Estos podrían ser útiles como marcadores de posición o genéricos para suplir la falta de lugares para sus dispositivos. Puedo añadir un poco más de ellos si la gente quiere, por alguna razón / uso.
Dos "blancos" en la parte inferior, así que estaba usando mientras juega con el "logos como idea de dispositivos" aparecen arriba.

Matell Intellivision 1.png sin marca

Mattel Intellivision 2.png sin marca

Sega SC-3000 Unbranded.png

Amstrad Unbranded.png

Amiga Unbranded.png

Commodore-64-Unbranded.png

blank.png

Very good idea, and very useful

Edited by zlagos
bad translation

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Certifiedhalo said:

Have the originals been taken off the site, I can no longer find them ?

Oh hmmm I don't see them on that thread anymore. Odd. They have been a staple for a very long time I think. Perhaps they were moved to a new thread / location?

16 minutes ago, Certifiedhalo said:

Have the originals been taken off the site, I can no longer find them ?

11 minutes ago, JRavens said:

Oh hmmm I don't see them on that thread anymore. Odd. They have been a staple for a very long time I think. Perhaps they were moved to a new thread / location?

Yes they have been removed from the forums after a request from the author.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2019 at 2:52 PM, JRavens said:

I took a stab at adding a few more Platform images to go with the amazing ones provided by ReignStumble
(found here - https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/file/130-reignstumbles-console-artwork-pack/ )

These are in no way nearly as good as the originals, but they suffice for my purposes and perhaps someone else will find them useful. They are a combination of kitbashing some of the existing icons and judicious use of photoshop with some of my own additions. All credit to ReignStumble and the orginal artist(s).

Sadly I really struggled when trying to make other more unique consoles (they just didn't make the cut) and without having access to the original photoshop / illustrator files (or whatever the original artist used to create them) I doubt I will do many others... if any :(

Truly this is fantastic. I have created a few systems myself which I will share once I have them squared away. I'd have loved to have gotten hold of the original vectors (which were unbelievable) as I could have filled the platform gaps far more easily. It's a great shame they are no longer available. Even as a graphic designer by trade myself, these take a really, really long time from scratch so I really appreciate your work.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind commments guys, much appreciated. ?

I can't honestly believe that I haven't posted on here before, I've been making icons for over 13 years now and I'm a massive retro gamer and arcade fanatic to boot!

Hopefully some of you might find some of my icons useful and I also make the artwork for the TeknoParrot arcade emulator if you haven't already checked that out.

https://www.deviantart.com/pooterman/gallery/

https://teknoparrot.com/

• Like 1
  • Game On 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/26/2019 at 11:06 PM, POOTERMAN said:

I had to make a few icons too (Nintendo Switch, Laserdisc games, BBC Micro, UK Mega Drive, Sinclair ZX81 etc) with a similar look as some of the emulators I use didn't have system icons in the original pack.

https://www.deviantart.com/pooterman/gallery/

SYSTEMS.png

Hello this is awesome look icons set, can you share this pack? and do you have this system icons set for msx too? thank you

Edited by SETSUNAFSEIEI885

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...