LaunchBox Community Forums

VPX Collection

Haggie55

Yes, i have already a recorder installed. It is very easy to do but if you do it for a few hundred Tables it needs time and patience.

I have made already the Logos for the Decades.

I noticed that there is no really one ultimate set up for Pinball Games when using Launchbox.

Therefore i want to do it and upload them for other Pinball Enthusiasts. With all the Screenshots and Preview Videos and sort them by the selected Decades.

I reduced the Decades though because it would be to much to scroll and select and i also personally don´t need a difference between Tables from the 40s and 50s for example.

It´s 70s, 80s, 90s, then everything from the year 2000 until today, and a list for the old Tables everything up to 1969 which i called "old school". 

Here are the Logos i´ve created  in case you are curious or want to use them. I made them for the Theme "Retro Console Theme Anim V2"

Visual Pinball 70s.png

Visual Pinball 80s.png

Visual Pinball 90s.png

Visual Pinball 2000s.png

Visual Pinball Old School Bis 1969.png

Edited by TJ_on_Launchbox
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, TJ_on_Launchbox said:

I noticed that there is no really one ultimate set up for Pinball Games when using Launchbox.

Therefore i want to do it and upload them for other Pinball Enthusiasts. With all the Screenshots and Preview Videos and sort them by the selected Decades.

The issue you find with "media sets" with VPX and Future Pinball media, particularly with LaunchBox, is the lack of standard naming convention and no pinball "media categories".  Coupled with the LaunchBox database not being conducive to pinball in general, it makes for quite a slog to make a pack that (mostly) works for others.  Most packs you will see outside the LB universe are like "Attack from Mars (Bally 1995)" and that is the format I use.  LB ignores anything in brackets, which is 90% of time good (except for games of same name with different release years/companies). However, LB has a penchant for renaming media to "Attack from Mars-01" so that is also a headache when working with pinball media. The various MODs, table versions, and originals (some of which are really MODs of "recreations") add even more to the naming fun.  PB dedicated frontends like Pinball Popper and PinballX have better options media management and launching, but still prefer LB for "overall" game management.  

For my PB setup I have VPX (~1,100 tables) and Future Pinball media (~700 tables) and have most of key media (logo, table screenshot, marquee shot, docklet, adverts), but there is always "one more addition to fix".  Only the FX3 and Pinball Arcade are "complete".  Media for pinball is a definite time suck!

• Like 3

On 7/15/2022 at 9:31 PM, TJ_on_Launchbox said:

Once you are working on your Pinball Build there is no going back.
I have also several hundreds of Tables and wanted to sort them by Decades 70s, 80s, 90s, etc..
Then i realised how much work that is. I also wanted to create short preview Videoclips for each Table but i don´t have the Time. Maybe one day i will go for it.

You're not kidding about it being a lot of work! I couldn't even begin to count how many hours I have into setting everything up and I'm still not done!

• 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 3/31/2023 at 6:25 PM, Drybonz said:

I was looking for the nice "box art" top down pics on the google drive and I only see a gameplay screenshots folder, but they don't appear to be in there.  Am I following the wrong link, or maybe they were removed?

Hello There

I can't remember if I didn't upload them or deleted them, but they're not there... so they are now:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pF9ypGXSRHRGASqsZDH4DjLN7Bu1HrVs?usp=share_link

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I couldn´t find a Pack for the Visual Pinball Tables which covers most of the Tables.
Found a few Packs but only with about 200 Tables.
Considering that there are about a 1000 Tables there should be more.

I have collected now about 950 Tables including also some VP9 Tables. I am still wondering to this day that there are so many Pinball Enthusiasts but almost comparing to that almost zero in a full Clear Logo Collection or Video Snaps Collection.
Does anyone know of a larger Pack for Download?

Edited by TJ_on_Launchbox

• 4 months later...
On 4/21/2023 at 7:18 PM, TJ_on_Launchbox said:

I couldn´t find a Pack for the Visual Pinball Tables which covers most of the Tables.
Found a few Packs but only with about 200 Tables.
Considering that there are about a 1000 Tables there should be more.

I have collected now about 950 Tables including also some VP9 Tables. I am still wondering to this day that there are so many Pinball Enthusiasts but almost comparing to that almost zero in a full Clear Logo Collection or Video Snaps Collection.
Does anyone know of a larger Pack for Download?

I actually found a couple of decent packs for clear logos here on the Launchbox site yesterday.  I believe some of those also included links to video snaps.  However, I believe you can also setup pinup popper to automatically record videos of each of the games.  You'd probably have to convert the naming convention over to launchbox/bigbox though if you did that.  Other option is to record them yourself with launchbox's OBS integration.  That's what I'm in the process of doing now myself.

13 hours ago, Eviljubs said:

I actually found a couple of decent packs for clear logos here on the Launchbox site yesterday.  I believe some of those also included links to video snaps.  However, I believe you can also setup pinup popper to automatically record videos of each of the games.  You'd probably have to convert the naming convention over to launchbox/bigbox though if you did that.  Other option is to record them yourself with launchbox's OBS integration.  That's what I'm in the process of doing now myself.

Thank you for your reply.
I was also planning to record the Gameplay with OBS. Then i realised how time consuming that is.
Maybe i will do it sometime in the future.

5 hours ago, TJ_on_Launchbox said:

I was also planning to record the Gameplay with OBS. Then i realised how time consuming that is.

There's a plugin that was made a couple years to create VPX gameplay video snaps.  It may be a little less time consuming (?) as you can run it from within LaunchBox and the videos can be saved directly into \LaunchBox\Videos\VisualPinball\ folder (or wherever you want).  But it's still one-table-at-a-time.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TJ_on_Launchbox said:

Thank you for your reply.
Maybe i will do it sometime in the future.

Definity JoeViking245's plugin linked above is faster than dealing with OBS (even with LB's somewhat integrated option). Once you get delay timing figured for your computer then it is right click table in LB, click  capture start, wait for table launch, play (if don't want static), repeat.  No need to trim timing or edit video and named to what is in LB.  Then move the named files to your LB video folder when finished and should match after refresh.  Note: you will want to use the beta 3.0 version if recording Backglass with newer B2S Server or won't record.  

There are packs out there with full table views in VPX but depending on how you named your games in LB you will run into main problem with all pinball media: no standard naming plus tons of different versions of tables.  The most common naming format of:   Attack From Mars (Bally 1995)     is what I use and most packs will use that format.  However, up until this awesome LB plugin came about to rename media to ROM (or table name) it was headache to upload media for pinball because of way LB renames media

In you use programs like PinballX or PinUpPopper there are some scripts out there as well but won't be within the LB world.  For example "loading video" generators for PinballX like here

Example with LB Video plugin, took about 1.5 minutes including video time playing plus I have a long launch time pause of about 20 seconds before record start. 

Edited by sundogak
added note on beta 3.0 version
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...