LaunchBox Community Forums

Adding games to an auto generated playlist.

Warped Polygon

48 minutes ago, normchomsky said:

Hi, I auto generated playlists for my mame collection, but for some reason some playlists arent getting them all. So I just wanna add the few that are missing manually. When I right click to add to playlist there is no option to add to any playlist that has been auto generated. How can I do this?

You have to right click and edit the playlist and change it to a manual playlist versus auto. 

1 hour ago, normchomsky said:

Just tried that, un-checking the auto populate doesn't get the playlist to appear when trying to add a game. Using different auto populate combinations to try and get them all and deleting the ones that spill over.

Is it one of the Auto-Generated playlists that Launchbox made or one you made yourself?

If it is one of the ones Launchbox makes then you would definitely need to do as Monkus advised. I believe a couple versions back those auto generated ones got removed from the "add to playlist menu".

Version 9.2 - Released December 20, 2018

• Improvement: Auto-generated playlists have been removed from the "Add to Playlist" menu option in LaunchBox in order to prevent the list from getting too unwieldy

Not sure this was an "improvement". Seems we could have kept it and just allowed a setup option for "show auto-generated playlists on "add to playlist" menu. Can anyone share their thoughts as to why it is a good idea or bad to bring it back? What's the downside to converting an auto-generated playlist to a regular one? Or one you initially generated the list, would it be too rare to need it to work automatically if you aren't adding a lot of roms on a continuing basis to a platform?

• 2 months later...

Confused - Is there a way to remove auto-populated (that I created - not the auto-generated platform ones) from the right-click "add to playlists" option?

Right now, my list is so long, and since I can't add games to those playlists anyway, why should they appear?

A while back we changed it so that auto-generated playlists would not show up in that list. However, the change required you to re-create the auto-generated playlists because we added a field that marked those playlists as auto-generated. Originally I did not want to restrict adding to all auto-populated playlists because previously we provided the ability to convert auto-populated playlists to manual playlists in that scenario. But it doesn't look like that's working properly, and this has all been cause for confusion, so I'm going to just restrict it to manual playlists going forward.

• 7 months later...