LaunchBox Community Forums

XBOX CLASSIC EMULATION WITHIN LAUNCHBOX

Chris Kant

HI ALL,

I am trying to get Xbox Classic Games run in LaunchBox without success yet.

I have some images and the CXBX reloaded emulator but then I struggle to run it. I also not really able to run any game in CXBX yet. does someone have a good how to do or so for me?

regards,

Chris

I have only dabbled into the XBox emulation but it has worked fairly well and easily with Launchbox using CXBX Reloaded.

The one game I have and tested is Panzer Dragoon Orta and no special command line arguments were required for it to work.

Below are some screenshots of my setup in LB.
screenshot_42.thumb.jpg.9f0482d35e2d9acfc51b0f544848ade5.jpgscreenshot_40.thumb.jpg.722b0ad4e3cf14bd9ad257ecde705938.jpgscreenshot_41.thumb.jpg.7b21e74fb251f803c34074266a3f1932.jpg

I do use an AHK script for closing out but it's just the generic close window one.

$Esc::
{
    Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 5/19/2019 at 11:42 AM, Lordmonkus said:

I have only dabbled into the XBox emulation but it has worked fairly well and easily with Launchbox using CXBX Reloaded.

I have many xbox games. Upon importing all the "default.xbe" files, they just retain that name so I find myself renaming each one before finalizng the import. I'd rather not rename each one manually.

Is there anyway to have Launchbox detect the "game name" based on a directory or something? This also goes for Xbox 360 / Xbox Arcade, since they have code names for the main files.

Edited by fredistehboss

11 hours ago, DOS76 said:

if it was inside of the root directory then yes there is a checkbox option in LB to name it after the folder if it is ina sub directory in that the directory though then no. I'm assuming XBox games have sub directories.

Would you mind showing me what you mean? My directory is some thing like: ~/Microsoft Xbox/Game Title/default.xbe

How do I get it to name it by sub-directory?

Or do I have to add all sub-directories? Like “add folder” for each one instead of by “add files” or...?

Edited by fredistehboss

16 minutes ago, fredistehboss said:

Would you mind showing me what you mean? My directory is some thing like: ~/Microsoft Xbox/Game Title/default.xbe

How do I get it to name it by sub-directory?

Or do I have to add all sub-directories? Like “add folder” for each one instead of by “add files” or...?

Just before the end of the import wizard on this screen below. 

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 8.26.41 PM.png

• Thanks 1

On 10/29/2019 at 5:36 AM, fromlostdays said:

No, you'll have to do it manually for now. Same with Wii U.  (see below for better answer)

I am curious though, which xbox games are emulated well enough now to actually play?

Me too to be honest, if you look at the CXBX Reloaded compability list, it don't seem that many. Not worth I would say. 

https://github.com/Cxbx-Reloaded/game-compatibility/issues

• Like 1