LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox for Android 0.6 Beta Released!

Jason Carr

Ok, Jason, now we're geting somewhere, since I can replicate the problem (a different problem) everytime.

First time I launch the app, the platform selection works. I press the right ou down arrow in any of the controllers (the small one or the game controller), and it works.

If I exit the app in the menu, it will never work again, unless 1) restart the shield; 2) force-close the app in the shield applications settings.

I tried to exit the app and get back in 20 times and it never worked, while previously (in the .21 version), it randomly would work (after 8, 10, 12 times, maybe).

Now it will always work the 1st time the app is run, and will never work again if you exit the app in the menu, until you force-close it.

Maybe now you'll be able to replicate it in your system too, hopefully.

Either way, now I know how to solve it on my own, so, even if you can't debug it, I will know what to do to solve it.

Many thanks for this new version (.22). Cheers!

How far off Re we from a delete system /games option. 

I only ask because when I scroll the games I instantly am reminded that I have no interest in some games. 

I'm very much inspired to play once I see the box art.. 

Sounds silly but I'm sure some can relate. 

6 hours ago, deesko said:

Ok, Jason, now we're geting somewhere, since I can replicate the problem (a different problem) everytime.

First time I launch the app, the platform selection works. I press the right ou down arrow in any of the controllers (the small one or the game controller), and it works.

If I exit the app in the menu, it will never work again, unless 1) restart the shield; 2) force-close the app in the shield applications settings.

I tried to exit the app and get back in 20 times and it never worked, while previously (in the .21 version), it randomly would work (after 8, 10, 12 times, maybe).

Now it will always work the 1st time the app is run, and will never work again if you exit the app in the menu, until you force-close it.

Maybe now you'll be able to replicate it in your system too, hopefully.

Either way, now I know how to solve it on my own, so, even if you can't debug it, I will know what to do to solve it.

Many thanks for this new version (.22). Cheers!

Gotcha; that is good to hear, as I can replicate it now as well, and should be able to get it fixed completely. Also, FYI, if you do end up in that situation, all you have to do to get the controller working again is switch to Options from the menu and then back to Platforms. :)

2 hours ago, Mu144 said:

How far off Re we from a delete system /games option. 

I only ask because when I scroll the games I instantly am reminded that I have no interest in some games. 

I'm actually working on the option to remove games already. The time-consuming part is adding context menu functionality, but it's coming. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mu144 said:

How far off are we from a delete system /games option. 

That's great news, 

I did figure out I just need to make a play list on main LB for my chose app games. 

Which is a fix for now. 

I look forward to your improvements coming tho Jason 

Edited by Mu144
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Gotcha; that is good to hear, as I can replicate it now as well, and should be able to get it fixed completely. Also, FYI, if you do end up in that situation, all you have to do to get the controller working again is switch to Options from the menu and then back to Platforms. :)

Greetings, Jason.

Nive to see you're already on top of it. Looking forward for a final fix to this.

Thanks for bearing with us and our requests.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

@deesko I just uploaded version 0.22 to the Play Store, and I'm hoping it'll fix that controller focus issue. That said, it's so hard to replicate that I can't be certain. It'll take a bit for Google to approve the update (few hours maybe), and then after the update you can let me know if you see that issue again. Thanks. :)

Probably worth a shot; I would guess that PS4 controllers should work. I am 100% positive that's the issue in your case, especially since you're seeing pointer drifting.

Jason, just want to wrap this one up. I connected my DS4 controller and have launched & re-launched LBA several times and have no more weird behavior anymore. It was a bad controller, thanks for that...Piper 

• Like 1

I'd like to ask if it will be possible later on, to change the order in which the systems/consoles/handhelds appear ?

Right now the order is : Game Boy - Game Boy Advance - Game Boy Color

I'd like it to be : Game Boy - Game Boy Color - Game Boy Advance

So more like a chronological order, maybe on a per system basis, instead of alphabetical like it is now.

Also I have a few images missing in my Android Launchbox app, but they are present in my Launchbox PC app.

Edit 3 : After adding the images, they didn't show up, so I've investigated it further inside the xml file and I've edited the xml with the missing details,

but now when I start Launchbox it says my xml file is corrupted and it can't load that platform.

So I've copied the original xml file back in place.

I'll try to export again and before I copy it, make sure everything is there I guess.

Edited by Soxbrother

Just added some new titles to my ds favourites collection on launchbox. 

Then Over wrote from my pc to phone. 

Installed the packet but all the new games are missing the box art?

Should I of removed the system and then copied the new packet over first.

Why was the scrap not complete. 

What could I do next time. 

EDIT. 

removed the system from the app, and was prompted to remove imagines too. 

Then reatalled the packet and everything was fine. 

Easy fix. 

Edited by Mu144
  • Like 1

On 9/13/2019 at 1:43 PM, Kmetz7547 said:

Any chance we will get support back for ps2 (damon pro) and sega saturn (yaba sanshiro) ... not trying to nag, but they were there a few updates ago and now gone... thx

I've fixed and added Yaba Sanshiro (and Pro) back in for this upcoming release (uploading it now). Unfortunately though, I can't find any good information on DamonPS2 at all, and nothing I've tried seems to work. So I'm still stuck on that one. There is literally zero information on the web that I can find, so the only solution may be to contact the developer and hope that we get a response.

On 9/15/2019 at 9:54 AM, Soxbrother said:

I'd like to ask if it will be possible later on, to change the order in which the systems/consoles/handhelds appear ?

Right now the order is : Game Boy - Game Boy Advance - Game Boy Color

I'd like it to be : Game Boy - Game Boy Color - Game Boy Advance

So more like a chronological order, maybe on a per system basis, instead of alphabetical like it is now.

Also I have a few images missing in my Android Launchbox app, but they are present in my Launchbox PC app.

Edit 3 : After adding the images, they didn't show up, so I've investigated it further inside the xml file and I've edited the xml with the missing details,

but now when I start Launchbox it says my xml file is corrupted and it can't load that platform.

So I've copied the original xml file back in place.

I'll try to export again and before I copy it, make sure everything is there I guess.

I can see us adding in a Sort Title option like we have on the desktop at least. Let me know if you're still having trouble getting images in.

4 hours ago, Mu144 said:

Just added some new titles to my ds favourites collection on launchbox. 

Then Over wrote from my pc to phone. 

Installed the packet but all the new games are missing the box art?

Should I of removed the system and then copied the new packet over first.

Why was the scrap not complete. 

What could I do next time. 

EDIT. 

removed the system from the app, and was prompted to remove imagines too. 

Then reatalled the packet and everything was fine. 

Easy fix. 

Glad you're all set.

• Jason Carr locked this topic
  • 1 month later...