LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox for Android 0.6 Beta Released!

Jason Carr

34 minutes ago, Soxbrother said:

So I've exported 2 systems to my Launchbox and when I try to play a game it takes me to the playstore to install Retroarch, but I already have Retroarch64 installed. Why can't I use retroarch64 ?

Retroarch64 is being removed from the store soon as all apps have to be 64bit going forward according to Google. So soon there will just be "Retroarch" in the play store. They explain this here.

https://www.libretro.com/index.php/category/android/

Quote from the linked article,

The 64bit specific version on the Play Store is pretty much redundant now, and you might as well use the main Play Store version. We are unsure yet if we are going to delist the 64bit only version or have it remain up. Just know that it no longer serves a purpose.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Retroarch64 is being removed from the store soon as all apps have to be 64bit going forward according to Google. So soon there will just be "Retroarch" in the play store.  

Thanks for the info.

That leaves the question, is there a simple way to set-up my new Retroarch, exactly like the 64 version ?

Maybe by copying some config files from the 64 version to the new Retroarch version ?

Thanks in advance.

On 9/6/2019 at 7:24 PM, Jason Carr said:

There are actually a number of emulators that I haven't fully tested. Here's the list:

• C64.emu - Commodore 64
  • DamonPS2 - Sony Playstation 2
  • DamonPS2 Pro - Sony Playstation 2
  • fMSX - Microsoft MSX, Microsoft MSX2, Microsoft MSX2+
  • fMX Deluxe - Microsoft MSX, Microsoft MSX2, Microsoft MSX2+
  • MSX.emu - Microsoft MSX, Microsoft MSX2, Microsoft MSX2+, ColecoVision, Sega SG-1000
  • NEO.emu - SNK Neo Geo AES, SNK Neo Geo MVS
  • NGP.emu - SNK Neo Geo Pocket, SNK Neo Geo Pocket Color
  • PCE.emu - TurboGrafx-16, TurboGrafx-CD
  • Redream - Sega Dreamcast
  • Reicast - Sega Dreamcast

If anyone can test and confirm working or non working for any of these, I would appreciate it. :)

Just want to write that, Redream - Sega Dreamcast is working great!

Thank you for listening and adding it to the LB app :D

• Like 1

Thank you all. I just uploaded version 0.20 to the Play Store with the following:

• Translation updates for Italian, German, French, Russian, Spanish, and Brazilian Portuguese
  • Fixed incorrect platform names for NEC TurboGrafx-16 and NEC TurboGrafx-CD
  • Disabled DamonPS2, NEO.emu, and Yaba Sanshiro for the time being as they are not currently working

I will get those three emulators working here soon enough, but I'm prepping for the official release for tomorrow, so I don't want anything that isn't working in there at this point. :)

5 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

And the update is live. :)

Hi Jason/All

Loving the work as ever, couple of questions (I did look but couldn't see the answers honestly ?)

Atari 5200 do i need to put the BIOS somewhere? or is it not working yet Android?

Amiga, same do I need to put Kickstart somewhere? or is it not working yet Android?

As when I try to run both I just get black screen, sorry if answered before , I did have a look but couldn't see anything.

Cheers all

2 hours ago, dunnster said:

Hi Jason/All

Loving the work as ever, couple of questions (I did look but couldn't see the answers honestly ?)

Atari 5200 do i need to put the BIOS somewhere? or is it not working yet Android?

Amiga, same do I need to put Kickstart somewhere? or is it not working yet Android?

As when I try to run both I just get black screen, sorry if answered before , I did have a look but couldn't see anything.

Cheers all

Where you put the bios will depend on the emulators used, Launchbox doesnt handle that. If using Retroarch then bios files go in the Retroarch/System folder. As for other emulators i cant help there and you will need to consult there own documentation.

Hey guys! First I just have to say how exited I am about the Android version became reality! I haven't yet tested it out due to it's early stage and also because I mainly play more challenging systems like PS2, Wii, Wii U etc... which brings me to my question; Will it be possible to launch games that are stored on a NAS device in the android app, or do all games have to be stored on the android device you're playing on? I store all my PS1, PS2, Wii & Wii U games on my NAS due to massive file sizes so it would be awesome if in future versions of the app it would be possible to launch games directly from NAS. But even if it's not I'm still super exited to try this app out soon. Especially on my Nvidia Shield device!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Where you put the bios will depend on the emulators used, Launchbox doesnt handle that. If using Retroarch then bios files go in the Retroarch/System folder. As for other emulators i cant help there and you will need to consult there own documentation.

Thanks Neil9000

put them there still no joy with the Amiga on retroarch, maybe a compatibility error?copied my working kickstart folder into Retroarch/System

I take it that Retroarch installs only on the internal memory as thats all i could find , although I run Launchbox/roms from card

cheers

23 hours ago, nearvanaman said:

Could we add the Beetle SGX core in Launchbox for PC Engine SuperGrafx? 

I've been able to launch 1941 in Retroarch using that core. 

Thanks!

Added to my to-do list. :)

18 hours ago, dunnster said:

Hi Jason/All

Cheers all

I know Atari 5200 is confirmed not working (outside of kat5200 which is not downloadable at the moment). I have not tested Amiga at all at this point.

15 hours ago, RetroSpyder said:

Hey guys! First I just have to say how exited I am about the Android version became reality! I haven't yet tested it out due to it's early stage and also because I mainly play more challenging systems like PS2, Wii, Wii U etc... which brings me to my question; Will it be possible to launch games that are stored on a NAS device in the android app, or do all games have to be stored on the android device you're playing on? I store all my PS1, PS2, Wii & Wii U games on my NAS due to massive file sizes so it would be awesome if in future versions of the app it would be possible to launch games directly from NAS. But even if it's not I'm still super exited to try this app out soon. Especially on my Nvidia Shield device!

Currently, it all has to be stored on the device, as far as I know. I've noticed that the nVidia Shield TV will let you mount a network folder as storage though, so it's possible that it would work. I just haven't tried it.

10 hours ago, Kmetz7547 said:

@Jason Carr

attatched is a list of systems ive tried so far.. if anyone wants to update or share to this, feel free to edit and repost with your findings.. Not sure if this will help or not

LB Android.xlsx 18 kB · 7 downloads

Thanks for working on this. :)

9 hours ago, Soxbrother said:

On the Game Boy emulator setting page it says "Default core", then the name of the core, I think it was Sameboy or something.

Does this mean, that the default core, is the best core possible for Game Boy ?

It means it's the default core for that platform (eventually we will probably allow game-specific emulators and cores).

1 hour ago, theantihero63 said:

Question - after exporting, if i wanted to delete a duplicate game (scraped as a duplicate) how can i delete it from within the app?

Unfortunately, currently you would have to re-export without that game. We will be adding a delete option soon though.

7 minutes ago, PiperCalls said:

Hmmm...working elsewhere. The right stick? Left navigates.

The right stick is used to navigate more quickly through the items in the list. There was one other user who had the same issue and we discovered that it was because of the right stick being too loose.

I do most of my testing on my own Shield TV, so I'm very certain that it's not a bug. Apparently the Shield controllers are prone to that issue though. I'm guessing it's not an issue elsewhere because the right stick isn't usually used for navigation elsewhere.