LaunchBox Community Forums

10.7-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

1 minute ago, TheNewClassics said:

I used the update metadata and media on all my windows games, and made sure the Steam Trailer was checked. Videos don't seem to be downloading though

Videos will only download if a video doesn't already exist, and the game is actually launching a Steam game via a Steam URL. I just tested the latest beta with updating metadata and media and it seems to be pulling down videos just fine.

7 minutes ago, TheNewClassics said:

I used the update metadata and media on all my windows games, and made sure the Steam Trailer was checked. Videos don't seem to be downloading though

1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

Videos will only download if a video doesn't already exist, and the game is actually launching a Steam game via a Steam URL. I just tested the latest beta with updating metadata and media and it seems to be pulling down videos just fine.

Yeah i was about to say, i believe it only works for actual steam games, normal windows games from other stores or discs are not supported.

9 minutes ago, TheNewClassics said:

My bad, should have clarified. I'm using it primarily for Steam games; the example I can use is Yakuza Kiwami. It has a trailer on the Steam store and it's launching through Steam when I use it. For whatever reason it's not pulling the trailer. I'll try a few others but haven't had much luck. 

Strange. I just tested Yakuza Kiwami and downloaded that trailer just fine. This whole Steam trailer download process has been confusing for ages; at this point I'm guessing Steam is limiting it somehow for some people or something like that. What do you have in the game's application path field for that game?

10 minutes ago, TheNewClassics said:

English. Yea definitely seems like a weird bug, there's several games with trailers that aren't downloading. Some of the initial entries I imported have the trailers; I wonder if the api blocked downloading trailers at some point for me 

That's my guess, but I still don't have a definitive answer, unfortunately.

Sorry coming late into the party. How are we determining the video didn't download? Is it now showing up in Launchbox or Big Box? Is it not in the Launchbox\Videos\Windows\ directory? Mine is working so I want to get as much information as possible so we can try to get this working for everyone.

8 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Sorry coming late into the party. How are we determining the video didn't download? Is it now showing up in Launchbox or Big Box? Is it not in the Launchbox\Videos\Windows\ directory? Mine is working so I want to get as much information as possible so we can try to get this working for everyone.

at least I have no video in the games detail screen in Launchbox AND under missing video filter the game is showing up

33 minutes ago, TheNewClassics said:

It's not showing up, and it's not in the video directory either

Could you go to a title you know has a trailer video. Right click and hit edit to get the games Edit screen open. Then in the bottom right push the "Download Images/Media" and tell me if you see the "Steam Trailer Video (1)" show in the grid?

37 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Could you go to a title you know has a trailer video. Right click and hit edit to get the games Edit screen open. Then in the bottom right push the "Download Images/Media" and tell me if you see the "Steam Trailer Video (1)" show in the grid?

Just checked here with Half Life 2, has a video on steam, but it doesnt list one in the edit window.

515407556_Screenshot(164).thumb.png.3c30aba3a95b09067777b7dc564b6e6f.png115407693_Screenshot(165).thumb.png.4327e4532612d1293296990a31ba80f4.png

7 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

For poo and giggles @neil9000 could you go to https://store.steampowered.com/api/appdetails/?appids=220 in your browser, then try again in LaunchBox and let me know the results.

Same.

97682285_Screenshot(167).thumb.png.7f3ced52d380c90701fa7adb6031bff9.pngI have my platform named Steam, not Windows. Could the platform name cause any issues? I have another platform called Windows that houses all my non-steam games.