LaunchBox Community Forums

10.7-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

Hey all, the first 10.7 beta is out now with the following:

• New Feature: You can now reset a game's Play Count and Last Played date by selecting a game (or games) in LaunchBox and selecting the appropriate option from the right-click menu

• Improvement: Added a new SelectedGame property to the Big Box game details views for use by theme creators

• Improvement: CTRL-F in Launchbox now selects all text currently in the search bar when giving it focus to make multiple searches easier

• Improvement: Can now lock and unlock Big Box from a game entry if you have already created a lock pin. There is an option in Options -> Game Menu to hide this option.

• Improvement: Big Box game details will now show the game version, which was previously missing. You can turn this off under Options > Game Details.

• Fixed: Can now properly download Theme Videos for the "Dragon 32/64" platform

• Fixed: Corrected an issue with controllers in Big Box where binding Select and Play to the same button could potentially cause stability issues

• Fixed: Platforms could sometimes be duplicated in the "Scrape As" drop down box in the import wizard

It's worth noting that most of the above changes have been done by our new developer Christian, who has only been on board for a few days now but has already been super productive. He'll be commenting in this topic here soon with a new forums account (probably tomorrow morning).

I've been working hard on a new import process for the Android version (importing games directly on an Android device), which should be out shortly.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Unusual Gem 1

1 hour ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Welcome Christian :)

1 hour ago, g0d53nd said:

Welcome Christian! 

57 minutes ago, RULLUR said:

Awesome work to @Jason Carr as always and very cool knowing Christian is being a big help with things too as I look forward to more of what he brings to the developments of LaunchBox & BigBox.

Thanks all.

• Like 8

Welcome @CBeatt13.

Just to let u know jason has already sent me a big list of things he wants u to do first. I'll PM u the list haha.

Anyway on a more serious note. Would seem jason is on his way to becoming a faceless organisation. I think a re-branding is in order. I vote "Ubi-broken software". 

Anyway on a proper serious note. Does that mean, with @CBeatt13 on board. Those of us with plugin issues, can we bug u for a fix now instead of Jason? 

1 hour ago, jayjay said:

Welcome @CBeatt13.

Just to let u know jason has already sent me a big list of things he wants u to do first. I'll PM u the list haha.

Anyway on a more serious note. Would seem jason is on his way to becoming a faceless organisation. I think a re-branding is in order. I vote "Ubi-broken software". 

Anyway on a proper serious note. Does that mean, with @CBeatt13 on board. Those of us with plugin issues, can we bug u for a fix now instead of Jason? 

You can bug whomever, whether it results in the answers you seek that I cannot promise. Jason does allow me some freedom in regards to what I work on but I still have a honey-do list I have to tackle. If it's not on that list the odds of me getting to it aren't great. Because of that Jason still may be the best to suck up to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I guess I found that if you add a Playlist to be seen as a Platform in BigBox it will have now been turned off to where you have to turn any of them back on manually. Not sure why this is, but I kinda noticed my SEGA STV stuff wasn't showing up, so I had to go and check that box for it to show again. Other than that I wanna say showing the Versions is a huge help within BigBox too

On 11/9/2019 at 5:25 PM, RULLUR said:

So I guess I found that if you add a Playlist to be seen as a Platform in BigBox it will have now been turned off to where you have to turn any of them back on manually. Not sure why this is, but I kinda noticed my SEGA STV stuff wasn't showing up, so I had to go and check that box for it to show again. Other than that I wanna say showing the Versions is a huge help within BigBox too

Hi @RULLUR, I'm not really following this. Can you re-explain?

Beta 2 is out now guys with the following:

• New Feature: You can now filter your library in LaunchBox based on missing media. In the sidebar drop down select "Games Missing Media" and then pick the appropriate media type.

• New Feature: You can now manually check for updates in LaunchBox under Help > Check for Updates

• Improvement: When using the Steam Import Wizard it now orders your found games by the game's name instead of by the Steam ID

• Fixed: Steam trailers were not always downloading correctly using the "Download Media" tool

• Fixed: In some cases the background music was not resuming properly when returning to Big Box after using the pause screen

I'm still working on the on-Android import process as well, but it's very close now and I expect to release a beta of it this week. Thanks to @CBeatt13 for the above work.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Hi @RULLUR, I'm not really following this. Can you re-explain?

I guess I rushed on what I was saying, but basically I was looking through my Platforms in BigBox and kinda noticed something missing which was my SEGA STV one which is actually a Playlist I made visible as a Platform. Apparently it went away and back to only being a Playlist and not a Playlist made visible as a Platform. So I had to go into the Edit for SEGA STV and clicked the option to make it that way while also having to rename the Unique Name as "SEGA STV" instead of "Arcade SEGA STV" again and also having to go back and set the Video Directory for it since that somehow went to being set to the Arcade Video I guess because it's actually part of Arcade as a Playlist. I hope this is enough detail in explaining what happened. I don't know if anyone else has experienced that with any Playlists they made as a Platform or not, but it happened to me though.

55 minutes ago, wallmachine said:

upon this update I couldn't run BigBox from pinned item on task-bar had to re-pin it.

Worked fine on all my cabinets/builds. None of them needed re-pinning. I have had this happen in the past with other software after an update. So I don't think it is something unique to Launchbox. 

Very helpful with the new feature since can work more "live" outside the audit page.

New Feature: You can now filter your library in LaunchBox based on missing media. In the sidebar drop down select "Games Missing Media" and then pick the appropriate media type.

One item on the audit ability side would be "Manuals".  I use a user plugin which generates text file for gaps but easier if it was in the audit panel.  Understand that isn't likely high on the "list" B| 

• Like 1