LaunchBox Community Forums

View MAME High scores in Game Details - A plugin for LaunchBox/BigBox

13 hours ago, Ranthalion75 said:

I just noticed the plugin doesn't seem to be updating the custom field anymore.  I have new high scores on a couple games, but the scores haven't changed in the game details panel.  It still has my old scores there.  It's also not showing scores from games that save high scores that I've played for the first time and set a high score.

I have LB 11.6.

Thanks for any help!  ?

Update Notes:

Updated to work with LaunchBox version 11.6 and later.

Includes updated hi2txt.exe and hi2txt.zip release 1.12 (2020-05-03).

Please visit GreatStone's site for more information about the invaluable hi2txt utility!  Without it, this and the built-in LaunchBox MAME Community Leaderboard would not be possible.    https://greatstoneex.github.io/hi2txt-doc/index.html

This plugin complements the LaunchBox MAME Community Leaderboard by showing your local high scores to see "how far you need to go" to make the LaunchBox Community Leaderboard.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, JoeViking245 said:

Update Notes:

Updated to work with LaunchBox version 11.6 and later.

Includes updated hi2txt.exe and hi2txt.zip release 1.12 (2020-05-03).

Please visit GreatStone's site for more information about the invaluable hi2txt utility!  Without it, this and the built-in LaunchBox MAME Community Leaderboard would not be possible.    https://greatstoneex.github.io/hi2txt-doc/index.html

This plugin complements the LaunchBox MAME Community Leaderboard by showing your local high scores to see "how far you need to go" to make the LaunchBox Community Leaderboard.

Thanks so much!! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello, 

I was to write a question in this forum to ask how far the ability to integrated high score in some page would be possible.

Related to my general question first in this 

Now that I see this thread, may I ask you...What I understand from this add-on is the ability to have score 1 to 3 integrated into game detail, which is good.

Now my question and please consider a have new skills on programmation (well, not in this technology, more database developer)...Could it be possible to have in a separate LB, BB field ?

Where then we could add it anywhere in any page ?  I'm pretty sure it was your first idea but probably more complicated and probably need LB, BB changes...is it ?

Another related suggestion would be to a another field that have , let say, top 3 high score...another field, your high score...

My final intention is to build a theme with a focus around High Score...your high score but also other hish score...A good way in my own opinion to make the play more challenging and fun.

I personally have never worked with theme creation.  But I imagine any data you can get using the LaunchBox API can be added anywhere in your theme, for any View you choose.  But again, I'm not familiar with Themes and am not sure if they can access the API the same way that plugins do.

Assuming you have this plugin installed and the games Custom Fields have been populated with the [Field] Name "Hi-Scores", you can use the API's ICustomField Interface to get your local [top 3] high scores. "Local" meaning the top scores stored in your game(s) that are on your computer.

59 minutes ago, patrickfx said:

another field that have , let say, top 3 high score...another field, your high score...

You would need to see how the Community Leaderboard is accessed in Themes that have it integrated.  (assuming that's what you mean by "top 3 high score")  But even then, being able to parse the 'top 3' out of that may or may not be possible.  Then if Themes do have access to the API, you can parse the 1st (of 3) [Local] high scores from the Custom Fields.

If that's not possible, you could create a UserControl similar to what was done for the 'sister' plugin to this one (and/or BigBox's built-in "View High Scores" for the Community Leaderboards).  

But again, I don't know if/how you can access the data for the Community Leaderboards or even the built-in "View High Scores" User Control.  NOTE: As stated in the description, I only worked on the 'easy' stuff.  @jayjay did all the xaml magic.  So I can't really be of any help with that and Jay hasn't been around since July.

So if I'm getting what you asking about, I think what you're wanting to see is already available in the details pane for Arcade games (Local high score(s) and the LaunchBox Leaderboards).  As well as through BigBox's built-in "View High Scores" User Control and the above plugins' User Control to "View Local Hi-Scores".   But you'd like to see it in a more 'elegant' manner.  :)