images  Doom.7z

video snaps

Doom Mods

(commercial releases removed)

complete:

box fronts , clear logos, screenshots

publisher credits,date released and notes

platform media Platform Art.7z

2015939712_dooomc.thumb.png.bf67ef36679502f37ddbba0937bf4e0e.png1582586038_doombox.thumb.jpg.26a44983f221d234f223cad748967d9c.jpgDoom.thumb.png.a76a0b1fe189c00c67a10565fd48cadc.pngUntitled.thumb.jpg.20c3830c5f46b19a668cec75f2b8e5c0.jpgDOOM.thumb.jpg.c584fb188bf16fb7ba239291549a0255.jpg1551553189_doomss.thumb.jpg.5ad7ad90b11035cd5fda61b8465b65a9.jpg1665529130_4_01misrihalekiso.thumb.jpg.15c3a97a367919914f6718f9d14ff710.jpgSIGIL_Imp_in_body.0.thumb.png.ae7c3e91a295185a6b085108d6cf81e3.pngmore to come.. 

doomdd.png

Doom video by Pademonium, add to Launchbox/Videos/Platforms

set Gzdoom as your emulator

Gzdoom

doom cl.jpgLove old school fps?

Check out my other complete Wolf Mods package also!!

doom-slayers-collection.png

Edited by lou silver
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/17/2020 at 3:16 AM, lou silver said:

Wanted to ask the community if anyone has a Doom/ Doom Mods platform going with the titles shown  before I make one,

Just need an xml and any artwork you wouldn't mind sharing. I will gladly share anything media and xml related that I have also

I'm at 10 titles so far with all the art and videos I'll post links here as it grows

Thanks in advance

DOOMimage.thumb.png.e98aa39873126fad695a79fc63fe2db7.pngUntitled.thumb.png.3a0386c7caa2c595420c4073ce2e274d.png786006685_Untitled2.thumb.png.5006e88a7995fdf8bb87bdc924fded90.png

hi, perhaps this is of use ? https://mega.nz/#F!J9RlzRIY!UIzMg8D8drHpJq9s4KQ-vg

also here, it was written by @Nielk1

LaunchBox_DoomWorldScraper.zip

• Like 1
  • Unusual Gem 1

THIS is EXCELLENT @Klopjero and @Nielk1! I was hoping someone was working on this. Gonna be going digging around in this for months! 

Can I ask, how do you know which version of doom to choose when your launching? I understand there is Vanilla doom and such but it's not always clear. Also I am using zdoom to launch everything. I imagine there are different ones for some titles? I couldn't find a list or anything.... 

12 hours ago, Robin55 said:

THIS is EXCELLENT @Klopjero and @Nielk1! I was hoping someone was working on this. Gonna be going digging around in this for months! 

Can I ask, how do you know which version of doom to choose when your launching? I understand there is Vanilla doom and such but it's not always clear. Also I am using zdoom to launch everything. I imagine there are different ones for some titles? I couldn't find a list or anything.... 

Yeah.. well the original collection was built for hyperspin and rocketlauncher . Where we configured every "rom" to launch with a specified wad and add all the resources you want to load, wads pk3, with gzdoom or what have you. So basically it's done by hand once and then you are Ready to go. If you use rockerlauncher

10 minutes ago, Klopjero said:

Yeah.. well the original collection was built for hyperspin and rocketlauncher . Where we configured every "rom" to launch with a specified wad and add all the resources you want to load, wads pk3, with gzdoom or what have you. So basically it's done by hand once and then you are Ready to go. If you use rockerlauncher

You can do it easily in Launchbox. Add the wads/pk3's as roms and use gzdoom as the emulator.

• Like 1

It would be great to have a list of all the wads and what version of DOOM to use. I don't want to be messing around with the dialog box choosing what version you need as well.

So I added two versions of GZDoom as emulators and set the dialog box in each to DOOM 2 and one to DOOM 1 permanently. The way I see it is that in most cases DOOM 2 is used. so I set that GZDoom as the default emulator and then use the "Launch with" option for the other copy of GZDoom for games that I find uses DOOM 1. 

4 hours ago, neil9000 said:

You can do it easily in Launchbox. Add the wads/pk3's as roms and use gzdoom as the emulator.

Some of these mods consist of multiple pk3s and or wads that need a specific order to launch properly.. which could be difficult I suppose. Anyway glad to put this out here have fun.. I have been working of and on to try and compete these... The last three cacowards have not been added yet.. no time..or more likely easily distracted... I saw this thread and was happy to see someone looking at this

Glad there's interest in this, yes the files are from the 8tb hyperspin build, Im catching up on projects lately I'll have this one knocked out soon enough .

Thanks for the tips I would'nt have thought to use gzdoom as the emulator- pretty clever.

I did a Wolfenstein 3d pack awhile ago so  figured DOOM was next.

Lots of free time these days I'll be hunting down every Doom mod I can gathering artwork making snaps etc ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lou silver said:

Glad there's interest in this, yes the files are from the 8tb hyperspin build, Im catching up on projects lately I'll have this one knocked out soon enough .

Thanks for the tips I would'nt have thought to use gzdoom as the emulator- pretty clever.

I did a Wolfenstein 3d pack awhile ago so  figured DOOM was next.

Lots of free time these days I'll be hunting down every Doom mod I can gathering artwork making snaps etc ?

here is a good place to start.. all gold, no crap.. https://www.doomworld.com/cacowards/

• Like 1

On 4/1/2020 at 5:08 AM, Klopjero said:

just noticed this - awesome!!!!! ? ?   (thought I had double posted)

also High Five to Neil for the emulator tip  very nice!!

Edited by lou silver
  • Haha 1

On 2/16/2020 at 9:16 PM, lou silver said:

250 top Doom Mods !!

xml

images Doom.7z

video snaps

Doom Mods

(commercial releases removed)

complete:

box fronts , clear logos, screenshots

publisher credits,date released and notes

platform media Platform Art.7z

Doom.xml

more titles added, complete art and video snaps , enjoy

Edited by lou silver
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

This is awesome. Thanks.

Question, it seems that GZDoom asks which DOOM iwad to use each time. I can choose one permanently but then when I play a mod that uses one of the others I have to choose again. Is there a way to specify which DOOM to use for each one? Maybe select DOOM2 as the permanent then change the launch parameters for the others? I have The Ultimate DOOM, Final DOOM and DOOM II all installed (from GOG).

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks...Piper 

On 7/21/2020 at 3:24 PM, PiperCalls said:

This is awesome. Thanks.

Question, it seems that GZDoom asks which DOOM iwad to use each time. I can choose one permanently but then when I play a mod that uses one of the others I have to choose again. Is there a way to specify which DOOM to use for each one? Maybe select DOOM2 as the permanent then change the launch parameters for the others? I have The Ultimate DOOM, Final DOOM and DOOM II all installed (from GOG).

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks...Piper 

Sorry it's a small yet annoying price to pay selecting the proper Iwad.

I deleted the actual roms of commercial releases but left their entries and art installed -

you'll have to edit each one and point it to your game location.

On 7/23/2020 at 8:50 PM, lou silver said:

Sorry it's a small yet annoying price to pay selecting the proper Iwad.

I deleted the actual roms of commercial releases but left their entries and art installed -

you'll have to edit each one and point it to your game location.

Ok, thanks. Got it all sorted with the command line switches from the Doom wiki. Really enjoying this set. Quick question, you mentioned in the post that the artwork was complete but I seem to be missing a lot of the logos, etc. Did I miss something? Honestly I wouldn't even expect artwork with a set of mods but just wanted to make sure.

Thanks again...Piper

On 7/28/2020 at 11:29 AM, PiperCalls said:

Ok, thanks. Got it all sorted with the command line switches from the Doom wiki. Really enjoying this set. Quick question, you mentioned in the post that the artwork was complete but I seem to be missing a lot of the logos, etc. Did I miss something? Honestly I wouldn't even expect artwork with a set of mods but just wanted to make sure.

Thanks again...Piper

Images updated, I suppose I goofed and used an old set that wasn't updated, anyway just redownload and replace the whole Doom Image folder, oh also in Bigbox make sure to refresh all images in the options menu.

Edited by lou silver

On 7/31/2020 at 12:37 AM, lou silver said:

Images updated, I suppose I goofed and used an old set that wasn't updated, anyway just redownload and replace the whole Doom Image folder, oh also in Bigbox make sure to refresh all images in the options menu.

Ok will do thanks.

BTW I set all the mods to run through Brutal Doom...it kicks everything up a notch, very challenging now. Great work!

• 2 years later...