LaunchBox Community Forums

First installation: some questions

legolas119

On 9/11/2020 at 11:28 PM, neil9000 said:
On 9/11/2020 at 11:20 PM, legolas119 said:

And this question about another game, Axel City COmplete: in order to run it, it is necessary to install this program (https://xupefei.github.io/Locale-Emulator/) and then run the game with right click --> Local Emulator --> Run Japanese. Is it possible to run that in LB automatically, with the doulble click for example?? image.thumb.png.ef62aa901bb3ecb441602bf894ec2346.png

thank you

Hi, does anyone can help me?

thank you very much!

@legolas119 It looks like that program may have a command line option to run.   If you know that, you could be good to go.  I say "could" because I'm not sure how 'tricking' the program you're about to run affects currently running Windows applications (i.e. LB/BB).

Go to the folder where the Locale Emulator program is and run "LEProc.exe".  From what I can tell, that's the main program and by just running that, it'll pop up a message saying how to use it from a command line.    (You may need to run that from from the Command Prompt instead of just double clicking it in Windows Explorer to see the message.)

Double click on "LEProc.exe"

If that doesn't do anything, click once on the address bar in the space after "2.4.1.0" (red arrow), type "cmd"  (no quotes) and press Enter.image.thumb.png.78928ab4e7df3e1c9a3d89139d741887.pngThis will open your Windows Command Prompt.  Now type "LEProc" (again, no quotes). And press Enter.image.thumb.png.6319dbff7dc4b36f4c79f9d8de0c59d9.png  

Note:  Yours won't show "D:\LaunchBox>".  Capital/Lower case letters don't matter.  You don't need to type ".exe".

So it looks like it might be fairly straight forward.  You'll need to create a new emulator and point the emulator executable to LEProc.exe.

Then for the game, have it use that 'new' emulator.

If it helps, here's a sample command line I found by Googling "run LEProc from the command line".

F:\Locale.Emulator.2.4.1.0\LEProc.exe "D:\Yori\Locale.Emulator.2.4.1.0\MakingLovers.exe"

On 9/20/2020 at 12:26 AM, JoeViking245 said:

click Browse (under [next to] Application Path)  and browse to the file you normally would have right clicked on.image.png.2d932a3dd50fcef5f18fb5ab2a9551c1.png

The .exe file in the picture is the .exe file that I normallly run with right click in order to play the game, so I suppose I haven't to change it.  I suppose that, if i will be able to create the emulator Lproc.exe, I have to add it here:

Immagine04.png

are you agree? If so, I have to find a way to save the emualator....I don't know the platform that I have to set by default...

thank you!

Set to anything (such as Arcade) and be sure NOT to check "Default Emulator". 

At least I think that should work.  Just DO NOT check "Default Emulator".   If for some reason you have to have a "default emulator", go ahead and check it.  It will next ask something like do you want to make this default for all games in Arcade?  NO.  

Edited by JoeViking245

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to add that Sintooo has made a tool that is able to create easy shotcuts that hook Japanese executable games with Locale Emulator.

Tool is called "LE Shortcut Creator" and you cand find it at Github: 

GitHub - Svintooo/LEShortcutCreator: Create shortcuts for games/applications that will run them through Locale Emulator

rtrTvGp.png

Pretty, pretty easy to use!!!

Just download this tool and put in the same forder where Locale Emulator executables are.

Then run the script and wait to see its interface as seen on the image. 

I just made all shortcuts for my japHgames and was able to put them as "app path" in LB, without the need to add "Locale Emulator" as emulator.

Please take a look ;)

See ya!

Edited by KaaMoS

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

hi guys,

i open again this my old topic as i have a new question: how can I enable the "ACHIEVEMENTS" section in LB 12.11? If i choose a game, i only have Overview and Related games sections. Is it necessary to follow this guide? 

If so, does it mean that i need to use Retroarch in order to enable Achivements section? If so, i can't use it as i don't use Retroarch in LB.

Ah, last question: i would like to suggest a new feature for the future LB release. Where i can suggest it?

thanks!

The video does explain well where you need to enable it within LB.  In the options section there's a section under Integration labelled Retro Achievements.  In that section is where you would put your username and API key (that you can get from your profile section on the Retroachievements page).  You don't need retroarch per say in order to enable retroachievements.  But, you do need an emulator that also does allow for retrroachievement integration as well.  The launchbox integration just shows you the achievements possible for games which have some, and which you might have completed, but it's the emulator that is what talks with the retroachievements website to mark them as completed when you do those achievements.

Retroarch is one the easiest to use because, as the video shows, integration is easy, and many cores in retroarch are compatible with achievements.  But, like I said, you don't need to use retroarch, but if you want the achievements to be marked as completed as you do them, then whatever emulator you are using for that platform must be able to also integrate with the retroachivements website otherwise they will never be marked as completed.

For LB, you also need to make sure you're using a theme which has been updated recently enough, that it supports the retroachievments.  If the theme doesn't support it, then you might not have a way to view them when you select a game.  The same goes with BB theme.  As long as you're using one that's been made, or updated recently, and you have the credentials entered correctly in the launchbox retro achievements section, they should show for you on a game that supports them.

As for where you can request new features I believe there's usually a poll that comes out that people can submit their suggestions.  In the past Jason used to have live streams on youtube where people could post their suggestions, and he would compile them in a list and people could vote for the items they wanted to see.  I'm not sure now days how/where you could submit items, but maybe a mod can answer that for you :)

Untitled.png

Edited by CDBlue

On 5/1/2022 at 10:57 PM, neil9000 said:

Top of the page, Help & Support/Request A Feature.

many thanks! done! In my opinion it could be useful to add this feature: i would like to have the possibility to add multiple game-version into the same slot. Foe example, Super Metroid for Super NEs.  Currently i have 3 roms: original USA rom, Project Eris hack and Redux hack. Now i need to create 3 different game icon.  With the new feature, we could add the 3 roms into the same game icon. Then we can choose with a right click, which game version we want to play. And, with a specific badge icon near the name "Super MEtroid", we can immediately understand that the game has mutiple versions.

On 5/1/2022 at 10:45 PM, CDBlue said:

The video does explain well where you need to enable it within LB.  In the options section there's a section under Integration labelled Retro Achievements.  In that section is where you would put your username and API key (that you can get from your profile section on the Retroachievements page).  You don't need retroarch per say in order to enable retroachievements.  But, you do need an emulator that also does allow for retrroachievement integration as well.  The launchbox integration just shows you the achievements possible for games which have some, and which you might have completed, but it's the emulator that is what talks with the retroachievements website to mark them as completed when you do those achievements.

Retroarch is one the easiest to use because, as the video shows, integration is easy, and many cores in retroarch are compatible with achievements.  But, like I said, you don't need to use retroarch, but if you want the achievements to be marked as completed as you do them, then whatever emulator you are using for that platform must be able to also integrate with the retroachivements website otherwise they will never be marked as completed.

For LB, you also need to make sure you're using a theme which has been updated recently enough, that it supports the retroachievments.  If the theme doesn't support it, then you might not have a way to view them when you select a game.  The same goes with BB theme.  As long as you're using one that's been made, or updated recently, and you have the credentials entered correctly in the launchbox retro achievements section, they should show for you on a game that supports them.

As for where you can request new features I believe there's usually a poll that comes out that people can submit their suggestions.  In the past Jason used to have live streams on youtube where people could post their suggestions, and he would compile them in a list and people could vote for the items they wanted to see.  I'm not sure now days how/where you could submit items, but maybe a mod can answer that for you :)

Untitled.png

thanks!

Is there an emulator list that support this feature? So i can know if i have those emulators or not.

thank you