LaunchBox Community Forums

First installation: some questions

legolas119

10 hours ago, legolas119 said:

Hi,

i'm trying to understand how to manage Media for games with multiple disc. For example, for PSX, Parasite Eve 2 has 2 discs: if I name the 2 games like " Parasite Eve CD1 and Parasite Eve CD2, I can manage 2 different game themes, one for every disc but in this way, LB isn't able to link the game to the database and so it can download few media...

If I name both the disc like "Parasite Eve II" I can link the game to the database, but i suppose that i can manage only one theme for both the disc. is it correct? 

thanks

Launchbox will by default combine multi disc games at import as long as they are named correctly. Multi disc, as well as any extra information about the rom that is not the name of the game should always be inside of brackets.

image.thumb.png.445064c134dbeff60d7aa0a9fd78e928.pngimage.thumb.png.98dac005ae2ddbace09370d3a73e8611.pngimage.thumb.png.a9bbc9ba7edda40d0e24e6931e9d0cd8.pngimage.thumb.png.0a8b25a172cca19fb34ed488f5498ca7.png

Hi guys,

hi have a couple of question:

1) in the updates folder, LB saves every .exe update file. Can I delete them, am I right?

2) If LB downloads from emumovies more than one Box Front image, it automatically choose one of them as default. Currently, if i prefer another image as Box front default, I changed the type of the image of the other file. For example, if I LB downloads 2 file as Front box:

Fatal Fury_ Mark of the Wolves-01

Fatal Fury_ Mark of the Wolves-02

LB consider 02 as default, but I prefer the 01. So I changed the Image type of 02 as Front Box-Reconstructed. In this way, the 01 is my new default. Is it correct?  I use this method every time I want to change the default Box front of some games.

thank you

1) Yes.  You can delete those files, but I would recommend to not delete the most recent version... in case you ever need to re-install you can just run that file again instead of having to download from the website.

2) Yes, I believe so.  As long as in your image settings for priorities, you have box front reconstructed listed below box front, then it should only pull the reconstructed one if the box front image is not found.

perfect, thanks. And is it possible to set a specific general rom path in LB? I mean: every time i want to add a rom, by default LB searchs in D:\LaunchBox\Games.  But I have all my roms in D:\EMULATORI\ROM, so evcery time I have to manually change this path. It could be very useful to set the default rompath where to search every time... I look for it in Options but I dind't find anything about that...

thanks

you can edit the path but you have to do it for each individual platform. To do so go to manage platforms edit any platform in the edit form go to the folders tab and edit then from that moment on when you scan for new roms it will scan that rompath for that platform

aaah ok ok, thanks. This is good. But it is not possible in any case, when i go in Tools --> Add roms --> set my general rom path. LB still continue to search roms in its default path \LaunchBox\Games.

Ok, no problem, thank you.

Another question: i noticed, sometimes, that when i try to manually change a name of an undetected game (I mean without the link to the LB ID), LB automatically start to update its media database. It means, of course, that periodically the media database is updated. 

In order to verify if it is availbale a new update of media database, the only way is, for example, delete the link to a LB ID

Immagine.png

Immagine2.png

and try to search again that game link: in this way LB will automatically verify if a database update is available. Is it correct? Or is there a different way?

thanks!

ah my bad didn't realize you were referencing adding an individual game through the add game button. Now if what you are adding is say a ROM for a console system then what I said would apply you just wouldn't manually add the game you would use the scan for new roms assuming that LB knew your correct path.

hi guys,

i need your help again, please :)

I would like to rename my rom folder for Atari Lynx.  Currently it is named "Lynx", but I want to rename it in "Atari Lynx".  If I do it, how can I update LB?  I have to re-import the romset or is there another easy way?

And if I want to rename an emulator folder? For example: current name "Dreamcast" --> new name "Sega Dreamcast".  What I have to do?

thank you!

if you want to change a rom folder name that is no problem after doing so select all games for the Lynx platform then go to tools in LB and select change rom folder path for selected games and point it at your new folder. If you rename an emulator just go to manage emulators edit it and point it towards your exe in the new path.

I would like to add a new system, the Super Game Boy.  This system isn't available in the defauls list, so I added it in this way. LB by default set "Scrape as Super Nintendo Entertainment system".  Is it correct?

Immagine.png

Edited by legolas119

Super Gameboy is not a platform because it is not a system, it's a cartridge that allowed you to play Gameboy games on a Super Nintendo. Scraping Gameboy games as Super Nintendo won't scrape anything because those games don't exist or if they do they are Gameboy ports and you will get the wrong media.

3 minutes ago, legolas119 said:

I would like to add a new system, the Super Game Boy.  This system isn't available in the defauls list, so I added it in this way. LB by default set "Scrape as Super Nintendo Entertainment system".  Is it correct?

Immagine.png

The super Game Boy plays Game Boy games, scrape it as such. Personally id just play the gameboy games in a gameboy emulator, but i guess thats crazy talk.

yes, done!  Me too, i'm using gameboy emulator with gameboy titles. But i want to add Super Game Boy in order to play with colours some specific games released for this cartridge. I found several roms specificallly dumped in order to run with Super game Boy emulator: i'm using VIsual Boy Advance in order to emulate it (I use Byuu or Higan for Game Boy/Game boy color).

I'm preparing extra files (video and snapshot) by myself for these specific games, I know that they aren't available on emumovies database unfortunately..

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys,

i'm still here, i need you help one more time...

I need to import some multi disk games for Amiga. I'm usings FSUAE as emulator. This is my current default name:

https://i.postimg.cc/t4yMX7v3/Immagine.png

In order to correctly import them in LB, is it necessary to rename them to Lemmings (disc 1).adf and Lemmings (disc 2).adf?  As I have done with multi-disc games of ps1, for example.

thank you!

10 minutes ago, legolas119 said:

hi guys,

i'm still here, i need you help one more time...

I need to import some multi disk games for Amiga. I'm usings FSUAE as emulator. This is my current default name:

https://i.postimg.cc/t4yMX7v3/Immagine.png

In order to correctly import them in LB, is it necessary to rename them to Lemmings (disc 1).adf and Lemmings (disc 2).adf?  As I have done with multi-disc games of ps1, for example.

thank you!

Yes, the way you have them at the moment they wont scrape as Launchbox will import 2 different games with the wrong name. Any additional info like region or disk should always bee inside of () otherwise Launchbox will assume its part of the game name, and therefore wont match to a game.