LaunchBox Community Forums

First installation: some questions

legolas119

5 minutes ago, legolas119 said:

many thanks! done! In my opinion it could be useful to add this feature: i would like to have the possibility to add multiple game-version into the same slot. Foe example, Super Metroid for Super NEs.  Currently i have 3 roms: original USA rom, Project Eris hack and Redux hack. Now i need to create 3 different game icon.  With the new feature, we could add the 3 roms into the same game icon. Then we can choose with a right click, which game version we want to play. And, with a specific badge icon near the name "Super MEtroid", we can immediately understand that the game has mutiple versions.

Your ticket was closed as what you are describing is already functionality built into LaunchBox and has been for a long while. The ticket explains the easiest way of utilizing this feature.

4 minutes ago, legolas119 said:

Is there an emulator list that support this feature? So i can know if i have those emulators or not.

https://retroachievements.org/download.php - Here is their list of supported emulators

• 1 month later...

hi

i have a little problem: starting from today, i want to change my default emulator for PS2. I used Spectabis + PCSX2 stable release. But now i have configured the Nightly Build and i want to use it with LB.

So, i choosed a game, and right click on it --> Edit --> EMulation --> I choosed PCSX2 (the nightly version) instead of Spectabis:

pc.png

then Associated Platform --> Ps2

pc2.png

and i added it as default emulator of all my ps2 games.

But when i try to start a game, it doens't start...it seems that a little box appears but it immediately closes. It seems that the emulator try to start but it immediatly is closed...

have i to set anything in particular to start this emulator?

thanks!

39 minutes ago, legolas119 said:

But when i try to start a game, it doens't start...it seems that a little box appears but it immediately closes. It seems that the emulator try to start but it immediatly is closed...

have i to set anything in particular to start this emulator?

Does the avx2 version you have run games by itself (outside of LaunchBox)?

If so, remove "--fullscreen" from your Default Custom Command-line Parameters and type in "-batch" (no quotes, single dash).  You can set full screen in the emulator itself or use "-fullscreen" (no quotes, single dash). 

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

following this topic in order to install Neon Deluxe Arcade on BigBox:  

i unckecked ALL the flag both in these sections:

IMG-7229.jpg

IMG-7230.jpg

Is this correct? Doing this, i loose some effects i suppose but i don't notice which effects...i suppose the author suggest to do this in order to run quickly big box, right?

Another question: this theme is really cool both in LB and bigbox. I like it a lot: but in Big Box is it possible to see a picture of every system into the wheel? Currently i can see only a casual game of that platform:

IMG-7231.jpg

IMG-7232.jpg

It could be cool to see a picture of the system selected, but i don't know if it is possible.

thanks!