LaunchBox Community Forums

BannerBox

faeran

I’m a little confused correct me here:

bannerbox 1.2 used custom images that could be created or modded in theme creator, one solid image with the box art and the clear logo on it

bannerbox 2.0 doesn’t need the custom images, it pulls the boxart and the clear logo from the images folder and places them in preset spot? 

is there an option that needs to be selected to do either the custom images vs the non custom images in 2.0?

or have I read things way wrong?

additional: it appears that when I updated 2.0, it downloaded gigs of custom images, more confused now. 

cheers. Chris. 

Edited by chriskrojs

1 hour ago, chriskrojs said:

I’m a little confused correct me here:

bannerbox 1.2 used custom images that could be created or modded in theme creator, one solid image with the box art and the clear logo on it

bannerbox 2.0 doesn’t need the custom images, it pulls the boxart and the clear logo from the images folder and places them in preset spot? 

is there an option that needs to be selected to do either the custom images vs the non custom images in 2.0?

or have I read things way wrong?

additional: it appears that when I updated 2.0, it downloaded gigs of custom images, more confused now. 

cheers. Chris. 

You basically got it with your first 2 sentences.

• bannerbox 1.2 used custom images that could be created or modded in theme creator, one solid image with the box art and the clear logo on it
  • bannerbox 2.0 doesn’t need the custom images, it pulls the boxart and the clear logo from the images folder and places them in preset spot? 

On the forums, when you click the download button, there should see both versions that you can download, and you can choose which one you would rather use.

Within the Theme Manager in Big Box, I believe there's only 1.2 available at the moment, although I'll probably replace that version for 2.0 in the next few weeks.

The only thing you may be confused about, is that if you install 2.0, and go into the theme manager, it won't recognize that version, and will ask you to "update" it, but it's really just trying to "update" to 1.2, so definitely don't do that.

1 hour ago, faeran said:

You basically got it with your first 2 sentences.

• bannerbox 1.2 used custom images that could be created or modded in theme creator, one solid image with the box art and the clear logo on it
  • bannerbox 2.0 doesn’t need the custom images, it pulls the boxart and the clear logo from the images folder and places them in preset spot? 

On the forums, when you click the download button, there should see both versions that you can download, and you can choose which one you would rather use.

Within the Theme Manager in Big Box, I believe there's only 1.2 available at the moment, although I'll probably replace that version for 2.0 in the next few weeks.

The only thing you may be confused about, is that if you install 2.0, and go into the theme manager, it won't recognize that version, and will ask you to "update" it, but it's really just trying to "update" to 1.2, so definitely don't do that.

Haha great. Confusion sorted: I did exactly what you said not to which makes sense now. I had 2.0 for a moment, the updated It to 1.2 which brought all the banners with it. Thanks heaps!

• 3 months later...

I noticed an issue with my Nintendo Switch section with the newest Banner Box, as they all look like they are cut off.  They are the only images to have the issue.  I provided a box image that I use to illustrate how much is cut off.  I had assumed that the newest version of BannerBox would just scale the image to fit in the particular area as the others do.  Any advice on how to fix would be greatly appreciated.  

image.thumb.png.bcb3ecff90c532b3c429b4e77949f2fd.png1450779087_SegaAgesVirtuaRacing.thumb.png.aebc254508b7995f667d2887d1c97988.png

16 hours ago, Layer0730 said:

I noticed an issue with my Nintendo Switch section with the newest Banner Box, as they all look like they are cut off.  They are the only images to have the issue.  I provided a box image that I use to illustrate how much is cut off.  I had assumed that the newest version of BannerBox would just scale the image to fit in the particular area as the others do.  Any advice on how to fix would be greatly appreciated.  

image.thumb.png.bcb3ecff90c532b3c429b4e77949f2fd.png1450779087_SegaAgesVirtuaRacing.thumb.png.aebc254508b7995f667d2887d1c97988.png

This is actually the intended way BannerBox works. It will crop images that are too long, instead of bleeding them into the bottom portion of the banner, which contains the clear logo and other information. Nintendo Switch is definitely one of the systems that have long boxes where you will see this happening (other notable ones are 3DO Interactive Multiplayer, Sega CD, and Sony PSP).

You could make it so the images stretch to uniform, however, that would end up showing blank spaces on either side of the box. It does require some code changes to make happen though, and it's possible that it may affect other systems that get close to that cutoff point.

• 6 months later...

This is the best theme. I've finally settled on a theme. haha I love it. Thank you for the hard work in getting this put together. I'm hoping now that the android version will be customizable that we can get something better for the game views.

Hi @faeran im am new to community creator and have been having issue with editing the banner box theme. ive attached some images that show the error when i apply the custom theme that i published into big box. the only things ive change were color of the theme as seen in the other photo. ive watched some of your videos on youtube and im stumped right now. Thank you for creating this awesome theme

Capture.PNG1861840808_Captureerror.PNG.2f1a6f96a22000360dfc121c41cbb129.PNG

Untitled.png

Edited by barndo64
additonal photo

1 hour ago, barndo64 said:

Hi @faeran im am new to community creator and have been having issue with editing the banner box theme. ive attached some images that show the error when i apply the custom theme that i published into big box. the only things ive change were color of the theme as seen in the other photo. ive watched some of your videos on youtube and im stumped right now. Thank you for creating this awesome theme

Capture.PNG1861840808_Captureerror.PNG.2f1a6f96a22000360dfc121c41cbb129.PNG

Untitled.png

It's possible that you didn't unblock the CTC zip file that you downloaded before unzipping it. Use your original download (or download it again), right click the zip file, go into properties, and unblock it. Then extract it to a new location and move the BannerBox CTC files into it. See if that helps.

If you publish a theme correctly from the CTC, it's designed to never show errors like that in Big Box.

11 hours ago, faeran said:

It's possible that you didn't unblock the CTC zip file that you downloaded before unzipping it. Use your original download (or download it again), right click the zip file, go into properties, and unblock it. Then extract it to a new location and move the BannerBox CTC files into it. See if that helps.

If you publish a theme correctly from the CTC, it's designed to never show errors like that in Big Box.

So I unblocked the file  and did as you instructed and i Still get the same errors

Edited by barndo64

4 hours ago, barndo64 said:

So I unblocked the file  and did as you instructed and i Still get the same errors

Now that I have a clearer head, I'm pretty sure I never officially released the CTC BannerBox files because I didn't actually build the whole thing inside of the CTC (it's currently not possible yet). Maybe I'm remembering that wrong though, but if I'm not, it's actually not possible to load this theme into the CTC yet. Not until CTC 2.4 is released.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, barndo64 said:

is their a way to change the overlay to the horizontal overlay (the one that snes uses) for game and watch?

Untitled.png

Yes, but you would have to jump into the code of that view and duplicate the trigger that is used for SNES to also work for Nintendo Game & Watch.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/30/2022 at 10:50 AM, fernandocarvalho155 said:

Hi! just a question/Sugestion 

There is any way to quick change the main filter visualisation from platform to playlists like pressing up or down? 

That's more of a Big Box functionality question and not a theme specific question, and I'm pretty sure there is not. You should be able to make a keyboard or controller mapping that would jump you to the different filter types, if you are wanting to go that route.

• 3 weeks later...