LaunchBox Community Forums

BannerBox

faeran

1 hour ago, ed20910 said:

The other option, while launchbox/big box is closed.  Move the system platform.xml (example Arcade.xml) out of the Data/Platforms folder.  Next time LB/BB opens, the system will not be there.  Once you have a banner or want the system back, just put the .xml back in the Data folder.  When moving .xml files in/out of the Data folder, always make sure LB is not running.

Thank you

On 4/16/2020 at 10:03 PM, y2guru said:

Have you refreshed the image cache ? (Hit escape, options, image cache, refresh all images

if you have done this, can you tell me the name of the game with the missing image in the Dreamcast snip, plus can you send me and faeran this file...

launchbox\data\platforms\sega Dreamcast.xml

many thanks

Hi There

Excellent looking theme that is running smoother on my weak laptop than any other theme I’ve used, thanks for that!

I’m having the same issue on some games as seen in these images. I’ve refreshed all images. 

Cheers. Chris. 

2EEFC777-82D2-4060-BDAE-5752B97BA302.jpeg

063CC40B-CB37-4478-A21A-696AD6F94AD6.jpeg

29F381A7-B9F9-43BE-9021-9183BB3AECE6.jpeg

3748CDA4-9948-4C23-81A1-5D49B62EF374.jpeg

17F65B63-E6A0-4068-900B-3E726C267D5D.jpeg

FCBCDF49-5114-4C30-9C05-16A0C639B1EE.jpeg

0A4E0640-EDA7-4D27-B543-DE540BD1CEA4.jpeg

Edited by chriskrojs
mistake

3 hours ago, chriskrojs said:

Hi There

Excellent looking theme that is running smoother on my weak laptop than any other theme I’ve used, thanks for that!

I’m having the same issue on some games as seen in these images. I’ve refreshed all images. 

Cheers. Chris. 

2EEFC777-82D2-4060-BDAE-5752B97BA302.jpeg

063CC40B-CB37-4478-A21A-696AD6F94AD6.jpeg

29F381A7-B9F9-43BE-9021-9183BB3AECE6.jpeg

3748CDA4-9948-4C23-81A1-5D49B62EF374.jpeg

17F65B63-E6A0-4068-900B-3E726C267D5D.jpeg

FCBCDF49-5114-4C30-9C05-16A0C639B1EE.jpeg

0A4E0640-EDA7-4D27-B543-DE540BD1CEA4.jpeg

I believe @faeran  posted a quote with a video showing you how to create your missing games as he supplied a template 

8 hours ago, MetalRaven said:

Is there a way to enable videos to play in this theme banner? I want to add music to the banners so that every banner can have a different feel other than the look of it. Please let me know where I can enable this feature in this theme if possible. Thank you!

I just uploaded version 1.1 which has a platform view with music from your videos playing.

• Thanks 2

Version 1.1 has been released for both the normal version and base version of BannerBox. If you already have BannerBox installed, best to use the base version and overwrite your folder with it.

Here are the changes:

• Added new Platform View - Video music plays in the background
  • Added new Platform view - Detailed view
  • Added new games view - quicker animations
  • Added a few banners from the community

8 hours ago, y2guru said:

I believe @faeran  posted a quote with a video showing you how to create your missing games as he supplied a template 

Holy moly I didn’t realise all the game banners were custom made. I thought they were being pulled from the downloaded images for each game. Huge effort. Thanks very much. 

Thank you very much for this theme, it is awesome!

I was wondering if there was a way on the "Text List with Details Games View" to have the joystick and six button image on the bottom left use the "LaunchBox\Images\Arcade\Arcade - Controls Information" image for the game and if it doesn't have one default to the "Themes\BannerBox\Media\Controllers" image.

Even if there is a way I can edit the files myself somehow. I have been looking through the View but I have no idea what I am doing.

Something like this if it finds one:

image.thumb.png.8fe1461080afdbc6057350f003480e41.png

Again, thanks a lot for this theme.

Hi Faeran, amazing work. I'm just getting started with setting up BigBox and themes and have a bit of a weird thing happening.

I only have two emulators installed at the moment as I'm just doing testing to see how I want to set things up but in the main platform wheel (tried all platform wheels) it has the Genesis image as much smaller than the SNES image. I've checked the files and they're the same size image. I've redownloaded just in case I've done something but it looks like this regardless. Any ideas?

Untitled.jpg

EDIT: Disregard. I refreshed the wheel cache and that fixed it!

Edited by Talonluck
  • Like 1

On 4/15/2020 at 8:42 AM, Özgün Bahar said:

I prepared a custom Windows Banner. Although I wouldn't be able to use the banner. I put the file into the specified folder but it didn't work. Instead, there another image appears for the Windows category. How can I fix this?

Windows.png

Screenshot (25).png

Awesome Design! For it to work, you have to make sure the name of the banner is the same as the platform name. So for Windows it should be called Windows.jpg or Windows.png. Hope this helps!

Just had to jump in to say this theme is a thing of genuine beauty. For anyone who is a little unsure why it doesn’t look amazing.. watch the video.. take 20 minutes to generate new platform and game banners (it’s pretty much automated WATCH THE VIDEO) then you can go back system by system and make it look as pretty as you want.

if you just install it, you are only getting 30% of the benefit.. watch the YouTube video ?

• Thanks 1

On 4/19/2020 at 12:53 PM, Banditt said:

Thank you very much for this theme, it is awesome!

I was wondering if there was a way on the "Text List with Details Games View" to have the joystick and six button image on the bottom left use the "LaunchBox\Images\Arcade\Arcade - Controls Information" image for the game and if it doesn't have one default to the "Themes\BannerBox\Media\Controllers" image.

Even if there is a way I can edit the files myself somehow. I have been looking through the View but I have no idea what I am doing.

Something like this if it finds one:

image.thumb.png.8fe1461080afdbc6057350f003480e41.png

Again, thanks a lot for this theme.

Depending on how interested people are, I can release the project files, which will allow people to edit the theme in the COMMUNITY Theme Creator. However, you can't do what you describe, unfortunately.

• Like 2

On 4/19/2020 at 10:22 AM, chriskrojs said:

Holy moly I didn’t realise all the game banners were custom made. I thought they were being pulled from the downloaded images for each game. Huge effort. Thanks very much. 

I would of preferred if it pulled the images from the downloaded media... so many missing artwork doesn't look pretty and this is an awesome theme.

Edited by Juzzotec

On 4/27/2020 at 8:30 PM, Juzzotec said:

I would of preferred if it pulled the images from the downloaded media... so many missing artwork doesn't look pretty and this is an awesome theme.

A few of us are working on making artwork for it.  There is a thread going.  I uploaded some files and templates already for some platforms and playlists.  Now I'm working my way through all of my auto-populated genre playlists.  I'm sure most everything will get done soon.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A fairly major performance update has been released (version 1.2). It includes fixes for some animation related crashes by changing the way animations are triggered.

Here are the release notes:

Spoiler

BannerBox has been updated to version 1.2

• Animation triggers have been changed to help with performance. (Thanks to Jason and y2guru)
  • Optimization of every animation in the theme to better align with the animation trigger changes (more to come down the road)
  • This update utilizes all benefits of the COMMUNITY theme creator plugins up to version 1.0.7.9
  • Like 1