LaunchBox Community Forums

BannerBox

faeran

6 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Because you need to make art for them. Using the community theme creator and the files @faeran provides on the download page you can bulk create your own.

Thank you but there is no folder for Windows games on the pack, only for console. Or maybe I can't find it.

3 minutes ago, Wacom said:

Thank you but there is no folder for Windows games on the pack, only for console. Or maybe I can't find it.

As i said you need to make them, how would he know exactly what windows games you have and to create them for you? If you want images for all your games in this theme you will need to download the community theme files and the community theme creator itself and generate the images you want, as i said in my previous post.

• 3 weeks later...

Love the look of this theme - just installed and activated and seems i have a load of unsupported catergories (i.e. most played, favorites etc)

This seems to be the case with most themes and isn't a problem apart from the fact that the text shows horizontally with the vertical panels and overlaps everything meaning I can't deciper what they all say

Is there a way to auto-generate the missing banners somhow (in the same way the games do? Or am I missing a simpler fix?

17 minutes ago, vaderag said:

Love the look of this theme - just installed and activated and seems i have a load of unsupported catergories (i.e. most played, favorites etc)

This seems to be the case with most themes and isn't a problem apart from the fact that the text shows horizontally with the vertical panels and overlaps everything meaning I can't deciper what they all say

Is there a way to auto-generate the missing banners somhow (in the same way the games do? Or am I missing a simpler fix?

In the download for this theme there is a template to use to create your one banners. As well as in the description for the theme there is a link on how to create banners. There is also a thread where they are sharing additional banners that have been created. 

1 hour ago, Retro808 said:

In the download for this theme there is a template to use to create your one banners. As well as in the description for the theme there is a link on how to create banners. There is also a thread where they are sharing additional banners that have been created. 

Thanks. I'm guessing most people don't come across any of that as didn't mention it when I install via big box. Will investigate

4 minutes ago, vaderag said:

Thanks. I'm guessing most people don't come across any of that as didn't mention it when I install via big box. Will investigate

All the artwork is custom created in this theme, if you dont have the exact same systems and games as the creator you will need to make your own. Its easy enough to do in the community theme creator, it will make banners for all the stuff in your personal collection.

@faeran Congratulations on this theme which is for me the most beautiful graphically of BigBox !
I take a lot of time and fun making my custom banners thanks to your youtube tutorial which is very practical.

I have 2 questions to improve this theme and I would like to know if you can help me:

1 / Make a selection outline (cursor?) on the selected banner when you move on the horizontal plateform/game wheel because when you scroll the banners quickly, I don't know where I am. I often have to wait for the black fade effect to notice the selected banner.
I put an example of "outline" in attachment

2 / Is it possible to have a game view with a much larger video because the videos are small on the default views. Ideally I would like to have a view like that of my attachment when I roll over on my banner. Have you considered doing this type of view or can you tell me how to do this? Do I need the source files for the theme creator?

Thank you for your response and congratulations

gameview-select.jpg

gameview-videolarge.jpg

Edited by damyx

On 4/27/2020 at 10:48 AM, faeran said:

Depending on how interested people are, I can release the project files, which will allow people to edit the theme in the COMMUNITY Theme Creator.

@faeran

Man this would be great. I’d like to make a few minor tweaks to add some Images to this theme that help users know which buttons on my arcade cabinet to press to make things happen. Would you mind sharing the community theme creator project files for this?  

Also, thanks again for this amazing theme. I can imagine this took a ton of work to get everything just right and it is just beautiful how well this all came together. 

Edited by Fry

On 4/28/2020 at 1:48 AM, faeran said:

Depending on how interested people are, I can release the project files, which will allow people to edit the theme in the COMMUNITY Theme Creator. However, you can't do what you describe, unfortunately.

@faeran yes please I’d love a look at it for one, not sure how much I’d be able to do with it but I’d have a tinker to make it suit that little bit better

• 2 months later...

Hi-  Love this theme and am following the YouTube directions to make banners for my missing games.  When I export a banner, it comes out as such (cutting off the bottom).  Any idea how to correct?  I haven't made any changes to the NES banner from the template.   I just did a straight export as a test, as my screen looked like it was going to cut off the image (see attached). Thanks

Nintendo Entertainment System.png1965049855_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.bd76d689746cef5e54f6e8f51c340944.png

Screenshot (2).png

Edited by Kitana907

1 hour ago, Kitana907 said:

Hi-  Love this theme and am following the YouTube directions to make banners for my missing games.  When I export a banner, it comes out as such (cutting off the bottom).  Any idea how to correct?  I haven't made any changes to the NES banner from the template.   I just did a straight export as a test, as my screen looked like it was going to cut off the image (see attached). Thanks

Nintendo Entertainment System.png1965049855_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.bd76d689746cef5e54f6e8f51c340944.png

Screenshot (2).png

It's been a while, but you'll need to make sure you open up the editor on a screen that is at least 1920x1080 or you will get that type of cutoff of the images.

On 9/15/2020 at 2:27 PM, faeran said:

It's been a while, but you'll need to make sure you open up the editor on a screen that is at least 1920x1080 or you will get that type of cutoff of the images.

That did it!  Also, Windows has a magnifier on which was messing it up as well.  Thank you for the quick response!

Absolutely love the combination of Banner Box (main) and CoverBox as my platform themes and was wondering if someone could help me make a minor tweak?

So currently if you leave the selection on an individual platform using BannerBox as the main theme after about 10 seconds or so it will highlight that specific banner and then show the number of games for that platform...My issue is that all the banners are so similar that outside of the current selection being dead in the middle it is sometimes hard to differentiate between which one your selecting until the highlight transition takes effect. Is there anyway to speed up the highlight time or add a different effect during scrolling? I am familiar enough with the setup myself that I know what is going on but I figured this would help my son and his friends when they are navigating through it all 

On 9/17/2020 at 9:40 AM, slickrickstyles said:

Absolutely love the combination of Banner Box (main) and CoverBox as my platform themes and was wondering if someone could help me make a minor tweak?

So currently if you leave the selection on an individual platform using BannerBox as the main theme after about 10 seconds or so it will highlight that specific banner and then show the number of games for that platform...My issue is that all the banners are so similar that outside of the current selection being dead in the middle it is sometimes hard to differentiate between which one your selecting until the highlight transition takes effect. Is there anyway to speed up the highlight time or add a different effect during scrolling? I am familiar enough with the setup myself that I know what is going on but I figured this would help my son and his friends when they are navigating through it all 

It's possible, but animation config changes would need to be made. You can do this by knowing where to look in the specific xaml file of the view you want to change.

Alternatively, I'll need to get around to releasing the COMMUNITY Theme Creator files for this theme, then you can use the theme creator to make the changes you want and build your own custom version of the theme.

Either way, you would need to fiddle around with the theme in order to accomplish the changes that you want. 

22 hours ago, faeran said:

It's possible, but animation config changes would need to be made. You can do this by knowing where to look in the specific xaml file of the view you want to change.

Alternatively, I'll need to get around to releasing the COMMUNITY Theme Creator files for this theme, then you can use the theme creator to make the changes you want and build your own custom version of the theme.

Either way, you would need to fiddle around with the theme in order to accomplish the changes that you want. 

Okay I will start poking around in the xaml's and see what I can find. Thank you for responding

• 2 months later...

Amazing theme, congratulations! 

But I'm having problems with the font size for the auto-generated play lists, like All games, Favorits... 

I'm on a 4K TV, so the font size for the computer is the default 300%. Here's how it looks with this theme (Attached).

With other themes it doesn't happen. Any idea how to sort it out? Thanks!

playlist.jpg

21 minutes ago, RafaelFreitas said:

Amazing theme, congratulations! 

But I'm having problems with the font size for the auto-generated play lists, like All games, Favorits... 

I'm on a 4K TV, so the font size for the computer is the default 300%. Here's how it looks with this theme (Attached).

With other themes it doesn't happen. Any idea how to sort it out? Thanks!

playlist.jpg

You'll need to create your own banners, or use one of the many great ones within this community thread:

BannerBox Community Banner Thread