LaunchBox Community Forums

BannerBox Community Banner Thread

Klopjero

11 hours ago, Klopjero said:

Nice one, I think i scared of @Xzile

@Klopjero I haven't been able to get around to gathering resources/pictures/etc. just yet. On the weekend I may find more time, work has been extra busy.

Also, I'm not entirely familiar with some of those systems so I want to be accurate and use timeline appropriate backgrounds. 

• Unusual Gem 1

Want some input on the auto-population genres.  Trying to figure out what to do with all the space on the banner.  Put a generic box with another mention of what genre it is on the top?  I like having the icon and the logo on the bottom like all my other banners,...but what to put up top?

SNES Action Genre test.png

• Like 1

10 hours ago, damageinc86 said:

Want some input on the auto-population genres.  Trying to figure out what to do with all the space on the banner.  Put a generic box with another mention of what genre it is on the top?  I like having the icon and the logo on the bottom like all my other banners,...but what to put up top?

SNES Action Genre test.png

I definitely like the icon and logo combo...I'm also stuck on what to do with the remaining space, for the ones I made I filled up as much space as possible with a generic wallpaper that related to the genre. But it looks like you're doing per platform genre banners?

1 hour ago, djsupermariooo said:

I definitely like the icon and logo combo...I'm also stuck on what to do with the remaining space, for the ones I made I filled up as much space as possible with a generic wallpaper that related to the genre. But it looks like you're doing per platform genre banners?

Yes I'm doing the genres for launchbox, which is a playlist for each platform's genre.  So that's why I used the controller from each system as a background inside the bordered logo.  Could you point me to those backgrounds that you used for yours?  They might be what I need to fill that space up top.  Could probably just fade out the bottom of them around where the icon sits.  Or put them inside the blank box art instead of repeated text. 

1 hour ago, damageinc86 said:

Yes I'm doing the genres for launchbox, which is a playlist for each platform's genre.  So that's why I used the controller from each system as a background inside the bordered logo.  Could you point me to those backgrounds that you used for yours?  They might be what I need to fill that space up top.  Could probably just fade out the bottom of them around where the icon sits.  Or put them inside the blank box art instead of repeated text. 

I got those backgrounds from an older hyperspin install. When I get home later, I'll zip them up and send them to you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rexryan said:

Trying to figure out genre myself quick mock up i made for a test in PS.

test2.png

That's not too bad.  I'm really getting bummed that the community theme creator doesn't see the auto populated playlists so that we can batch process them.  I've spent like the last 5 days setting everything up in photoshop, and it is taking soooooooooooo long.  Mostly just organizing and bringing in all the logos and putting everything in the right spot.  But still, it is so tedious.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, damageinc86 said:

That's not too bad.  I'm really getting bummed that the community theme creator doesn't see the auto populated playlists so that we can batch process them.  I've spent like the last 5 days setting everything up in photoshop, and it is taking soooooooooooo long.  Mostly just organizing and bringing in all the logos and putting everything in the right spot.  But still, it is so tedious.

Send ideas..It does look like a manual process for all of this, but if we get 1 standard between us we can knock it out.

7 minutes ago, damageinc86 said:

Well since I am using my bordered clear logos (because my entire setup uses them) mine may not apply very well to everyone else's.  I just got finished making the base template for all my systems, and am running through plugging in all the images for SNES right now.  You can take a look at it.

Banner Genre Playlist Super Nintendo.psd 4.59 MB · 0 downloads

Nice setup...

36 minutes ago, rexryan said:

Nice setup...

I like the concept of using boxart up top. But the more I think about it, the more I feel like just having a decent background up there would be much faster since I could just leave it turned on and only have to swap out the icon and clear logo below.  Instead of having to make new genre box art for each one. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, damageinc86 said:

I like the concept of using boxart up top. But the more I think about it, the more I feel like just having a decent background up there would be much faster since I could just leave it turned on and only have to swap out the icon and clear logo below.  Instead of having to make new genre box art for each one. 

I understand that but think your into a sub level of the system at some point we need to change the eye view..If we do every the same  it gets repetitive we have to get excited about going into another level..Just my thoughts. 

1 hour ago, rexryan said:

I understand that but think your into a sub level of the system at some point we need to change the eye view..If we do every the same  it gets repetitive we have to get excited about going into another level..Just my thoughts. 

Right.  That's why I'm beginning to lean toward the nice background art that is being found, instead of a repetitive box art style.