LaunchBox Community Forums

All new Vectrex Box - Front image set

Hmm, i do have an account and i do share a large game dev area with Edgar Vigdal (sadly no longer with us), i was sure i read somewhere that Google were dropping free gdrive support and i had to download all my files, and last time i went to check i couldn't get in...

But today, (just checked) i can and its all still there. Google have dropped something recently, what was it... Google Docs maybe?

Anyway, do people need an account to get into and download from a shared google drive? I would like it to be easy for people to grab the pics.

17 minutes ago, hitm4n said:

Hmm, i do have an account and i do share a large game dev area with Edgar Vigdal (sadly no longer with us), i was sure i read somewhere that Google were dropping free gdrive support and i had to download all my files, and last time i went to check i couldn't get in...

But today, (just checked) i can and its all still there. Google have dropped something recently, what was it... Google Docs maybe?

Anyway, do people need an account to get into and download from a shared google drive? I would like it to be easy for people to grab the pics.

You can just right click a folder/zip on the website and "Get shareable link" People dont need to login to access a shared link.

1124307440_Screenshot(514).thumb.png.86e1a360d5dc91ac164a938f7f0fff53.png

I keep finding more Vectrex roms as i'm searching for images, and it keeps leading me down rabbit holes... 21 more added bringing the rom count to 175. Only 7 new pictures done today (poor show old chap), so now at 88 covers done. I'll do better tomorrow, promise.

Oh, and i'm ready to share it all, when done, on my googledrive. Thanks to Neil9000 for the suggestion.

Edited by hitm4n
  • Like 1

This is never ending... Managed to use Wayback Machine and grab The Profs previous years student work for 2016, 2017 and 2018. Grabbed the manual, rom, overlay (if exists) and screenshot for every game. Plus a couple of roms i'd missed elsewhere.

So i ended up adding 46 more files today bringing me to 221 roms in library and in Launchbox. I did get 5 more images done in between car not starting, picking up shopping, and delivering a tv to my sister, so i'm now up to 93 complete. But thats not even half way any more :(

Good news on the additions is that they all have a decent sreenshot to go with them, so covers for them all should be quite quick to make. I think i can blitz through 40 or so tomorrow. Thats my aim.

I'll report back.

2 hours ago, hitm4n said:

This is never ending... Managed to use Wayback Machine and grab The Profs previous years student work for 2016, 2017 and 2018. Grabbed the manual, rom, overlay (if exists) and screenshot for every game. Plus a couple of roms i'd missed elsewhere.

So i ended up adding 46 more files today bringing me to 221 roms in library and in Launchbox. I did get 5 more images done in between car not starting, picking up shopping, and delivering a tv to my sister, so i'm now up to 93 complete. But thats not even half way any more :(

Good news on the additions is that they all have a decent sreenshot to go with them, so covers for them all should be quite quick to make. I think i can blitz through 40 or so tomorrow. Thats my aim.

I'll report back.

I wondered if there were any for previous years. I'll have to do the same.

Starbuck, sounds good. We can trade roms and fill each others gaps. I'll gladly upload roms to my googledrive along with the images.

Came on to post progress, as i do... True to my word last night, this morning i've managed to blitz through 42 images. Total now completed 135 of 221, and its only lunchtime... Here are a couple from this mornings batch.

RobHop.thumb.png.62f8b5780ab56ae3759fdecb3b2ede94.png1256340735_SpaceshipCentauri.thumb.png.5acf9e65750ce861d0e983532f5d2b8f.pngMore later.

• Like 1

qube.png

I don't know if it is of any use to you, but the drawing from my Cube Quest WIP looks a lot like the LaunchBox logo!  Feel free to run the bin and grab a clean copy if you can use it for anything.  (It's not a game (yet) - just a tech demo that might be extended into a game some day, so not looking for a cover for it) http://gtoal.com/vectrex/qube/

regards,

Graham

With some help over the last 24 hours or so from Alan McClelland i've updated the middle artwork on Karl Quappe and Release. Alan made the originals and kindly supplied them to me. I've also used Wayback Machine to find better images for Rockaroids Remix 3rd Rock and Nebula Commander, so those have been updated too. Also re-did Revector cover. Its still not the best, but its cleaner and sharper than it was and i tweaked the Protector/Yasi cover too. So, been a bit quiet, but 6 more are either updated or new.

Chopped a conifer down today, burning that later and need to dig the stump out. So i might not get much more done today.
However tomorrow should be back in full swing on the images.

I've also grown the rom set over the last 24 hours or so and i might be getting a bunch more soon from a generous soul. Added 5 more, so now at 231 and i may hit 250 or so later today.

I'll update again soon.

Heres the Protector/Yasi one i did. Something a bit different...

1042905414_ProtectorYasi.thumb.png.1fb4b47a779f45b2d2880358df548c0d.png

• Like 1

Did a poor job on the Protector/Yasi cover, was not happy with the quality, and i decided to change the split line. This version is cleaner and shows more of the Protector gameplay.

1629932521_ProtectorYasi.thumb.png.4a6d35c8576c6ac7d8436445bf453fad.pngAnd even though i was supposed to be gardening (i did do some, the conifer is no more), i squeezed another 5 covers in too. Probably not going to be doing any more today.

161 of 231 completed.

More tomorrow.

• Like 2

Well i did hit 250 roms, but then found one dupe, so deleted it. Rom set now 249.

Images complete currently 178.

17 new ones done today, almost 18 as i type, and i will be continuing after some food and tv.

I'll post an overview image of what i've done later this evening after completing a few more.
Been a good day after a slack 2-3 days.

Hmmm, poor show for today. 2 updated images and 5 new. Heres Snowball. The Isolation Edition.

Snowball.thumb.png.9f0a0690d86bfc96968d6e987123709f.pngGot some new and updated roms today. Deleted 2, replaced 2, added 4.
Images done, 186 of 251.

Found the awesome "VectrexEmulator_0_2_6_Alpha" today too, liking it more than ParaJVE and its producing better screenshots to use. Glow colours and overlay use, and grabbing the screenshots is much better in this emulator.

More tomorrow.

• Like 1