LaunchBox Community Forums

Whats the best Taito Type X launcher?

OdinsPlayground

• 3 weeks later...

For the most part Type X games launch without RH All Games Loader or whatever it is.  Also yes I got in trouble with ignoring those virus warnings, I believe one was a payload that did some nasty things.  Most of my emulation is via keyboard (Xtension Arcade cabinet) so I don't know about xinput issues.  You may try joy2key or something similar.  There is a bit of software called TypeXtra, kind of hard to find in the wild but it has the proper dll's and loaders for each game.  TechnoParrot has also been good at launching some Type X games, but not all.

• 5 months later...

I'm confused about the trojan warnings all over the place in the Launchbox no intro Taito Type X collection.  Are these legit trojans, or false positives?   Every source I've found for Taito Type X stuff has given me warnings.  They have however all ran just fine and my computer doesn't seem to be changed.  Who knows.  I've only ran Raiden IV so far.  It is something I'm wondering about though. 

39 minutes ago, damageinc86 said:

I'm confused about the trojan warnings all over the place in the Launchbox no intro Taito Type X collection.  Are these legit trojans, or false positives?   Every source I've found for Taito Type X stuff has given me warnings.  They have however all ran just fine and my computer doesn't seem to be changed.  Who knows.  I've only ran Raiden IV so far.  It is something I'm wondering about though. 

I've wondered the same thing. The only annoying thing is that Windows Defender will often quarantine these files, which makes for a pain in the a** but other than that, I haven't noticed anything wrong. Although I've heard from various sources that these are indeed false positives

1 hour ago, bundangdon said:

I've wondered the same thing. The only annoying thing is that Windows Defender will often quarantine these files, which makes for a pain in the a** but other than that, I haven't noticed anything wrong. Although I've heard from various sources that these are indeed false positives

I wish there were some nice clean sets out there.  It seems so jumbled up.  half of the batch files and loaders and stuff, don't even do anything when I run them. 

1 hour ago, damageinc86 said:

I wish there were some nice clean sets out there.  It seems so jumbled up.  half of the batch files and loaders and stuff, don't even do anything when I run them. 

Yep, there's a lot of jumbled up stuff out there unfortunately. While it's most often virus-free, it's also a big mess and I've had to find various fixes for nesicaxlive and teknoparrot games as a result. It's quite a hassle, but sometimes worth the effort

• 3 months later...
On 6/21/2020 at 4:34 PM, wallmachine said:

Game loader all rh has no viruses or malware, just dl it from the correct source.

What is the correct source then? 

Just realized this thread had gotten replied, don't think I got notifications on it. I really don't like accepting files that have spotted viruses / trojans in them, even if people say they're safe - it seems to be quite the risk to take to just run an arcade game. Wonder why so many of these launchers have a false positive(assuming that's the case)? 

I'm back to looking into this again, still never got my Taito Type X set up properly.  I tried downloading the GameLoader RH from EmuCR and Emuline, and it refuses to download (via Mega).  Possibly due to some virus check. 

2 minutes ago, OdinsPlayground said:

Wonder why so many of these launchers have a false positive(assuming that's the case)? 

Because that is how they have to work. You are trying to run a game, that was designed for very specific hardware on a completely different device (if the game see's different hardware than what it was coded for it doesnt run, this even includes things like you having bluetooth on your system as that wasnt in the original hardware). In order to trick the game into seeing the correct hardware and therefore running the game needs to be tricked, and that is done with .dll files that modify other files, this is exactly how a virus works, so gets flagged as such. Don't like it, don't use it, no one is forcing you to steal these fairly recent arcade games and run them on hardware they were not designed to run on. Also to be fair you took just as big of a risk downloading these games in the first place, they are not just roms, they are PC programs and muck easier to include virus's in, and who knows what shady website you actually downloaded them from, as it obviously wasnt a legitimate site that offers these copywrited games for free.

• 10 months later...