LaunchBox Community Forums

11.3-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

So I finally decided to make a 32X Platform instead of having everything in my Genesis stuff since Videos will conflict on games with similar title names. Thing is when I at first went to Edit and switched the Platform for a game from SEGA Genesis to 32X it decided to make 2 SEGA 32X Platforms. I deleted one of them and they both went away. So I took the same ROM file and dropped it in to be Imported only to find it made 2 SEGA 32X Platforms again. Thought maybe it was a glitch, so I closed off LaunchBox only to be met with 2 SEGA 32X Platforms being listed still. Any idea on what seems to be the problem in trying to get it to show SEGA 32X listed as just once instead of twice?image.thumb.png.4dcbf1dd5c4b70f2e8e9a7f277c7c5a3.pngUPDATE: I found a way to fix the issue by first deleting one of the SEGA 32X Platforms which then of course made both go away, but then going to Tools and then Edit Platforms to where I went to Add and then manually typed in SEGA 32X and set the Parent to Console and then imported a ROM again and that seemed to make it show SEGA 32X just once finally. Hopefully this will help anyone else on some other Platform if this issue comes across to them in the future

image.thumb.png.89a64975cf552ba0ecb7e69604fd3baf.png

UPDATE: Seems I was slightly wrong about that. Turns out it ended up that actually once Sega 32X Platform was in Consoles, but another was found outside of it not even part of Computers, Consoles, Handhelds, but it's own thing? I'm sure someone here knows a way better way to resolving this instead me tinkering around as I wait

UPDATE: I just deleted everything and imported for 32X and Genesis from scratch. Looks like all is well, but sucks I have to recategorize everything again though

Edited by RULLUR

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/29/2020 at 5:58 PM, danilote1234 said:

Hi Jason, thanks for your reply. I figured out, the issue was caused by WikiPeek plugin.

i really wish someone would make a new working plugin like wikipeek. Something that just searches the internet for the game rather than wikipedia. Something like that could be so helpful in the pause menu.