LaunchBox Community Forums

11.3-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

Just now, wallmachine said:

that fixed it.

Well holy crap. Thanks for helping me figure out. Now, what I absolutely do not understand, is how completely fresh installations of Windows 10 are working for me without that. But I guess we will cut our losses and add that to the installer lol.

I blame Google. This is all because we updated to the latest version of Chromium.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2f/af/08/2faf08d9de04058321e96e6a8e9e02ca.gif

• Thanks 1

On 8/24/2020 at 10:32 AM, Jason Carr said:

I see. I'm still puzzled on this, as I can reproduce any of it. It is interesting that it's happening with both VLC and WMP. To me, that means that it's not likely video related.

Also puzzled here, and running out of ideas. All I can figure is maybe a corrupted .NET install, or something of that nature (or maybe anti-virus interference?).

This would have to be some sort of stray controller or device, as the movement would have to be triggered by something.

@Jason Carr Hey bud, Just thought I would let ya know. I'm still having the lock up problem with BB in my Windows platform using the CritialZones with the 11.3 Official release. I went back to v11.2 and everything works fine. I was going to update thru each beta version to see if I could narrow anything down with a particular beta version, but the problem was re-introduced with the first update (11.3.1).

Then I deleted, tried installing 11.2 and doing a update straight to 11.3. Still has the problem.

I have removed all custom playlists, platform videos, playlist videos, plugins, pause and startup themes, I am Just installing LB and copying over my data folder. It sure has me stumped. Just thought I would let ya know. If I didn't have over 400 Windows games, I would try deleting the platform and adding back, but that would takes days to manually add them all back.

@Jason Carr UPDATE: I found where the problem is coming from, sorta. It has something to due with me storing my video snaps on a mapped RAID drive. For some reason it is only affecting the Windows platform, as all other are working okay on the same drive. If I move the Windows video snaps to any other drive (including a different non-RAID mapped drive, both the CriticalZones work just fine. SO I am assuming that the RAID drive is affecting it somehow since testing on other mapped drives is working???

Well, after further investigation, it some paths in my "Platforms.xml" all along, not RAID drive. So sorry for all the trouble & headache Jason

Edited by Wanderer189

Hello everyone! I just registered to tell you about an issue I was having. It's about the new BigBoxTheme.csproj from the new default theme. When using it instead of the old version from the old bigbox, It pulls everything from the theme's folder into the project unlike before. So if I have a couple of nomad work files in the theme's directory (like a portable editing program or a few photoshopped jpgs), it will become part of the project in visual studio.

I used the visual studio feature 'remove from project' but it creates lines in the BigBoxTheme.csproj that said that that particular file was removed and clutters up the contents of the BigBoxTheme.csproj file if you have lots of nomad files in the directory. This also allows for a user to see all that I have on my computer in that theme's folder if I distribute the theme. That's not good. Any way that someone can fix this issue? Thanks.

Edited by The Mask

48 minutes ago, The Mask said:

Hello everyone! I just registered to tell you about an issue I was having. It's about the new BigBoxTheme.csproj from the new default theme. When using it instead of the old version from the old bigbox, It pulls everything from the theme's folder into the project unlike before. So if I have a couple of nomad work files in the theme's directory (like a portable editing program or a few photoshopped jpgs), it will become part of the project in visual studio.

I used the visual studio feature 'remove from project' but it creates lines in the BigBoxTheme.csproj that said that that particular file was removed and clutters up the contents of the BigBoxTheme.csproj file if you have lots of nomad files in the directory. This also allows for a user to see all that I have on my computer in that theme's folder if I distribute the theme. That's not good. Any way that someone can fix this issue? Thanks.

This is just how Microsoft decided to make the project files work for .NET Core. There's really nothing we can do about it, and I don't see how it's any kind of an issue for end users, but if it bothers you, you can safely distribute themes without the project file (it's only used for development).

Beta 19 is out now to resolve a number of setup issues, and now automatically downloads and installs the Visual C++ 2015 redistributable if needed. This is a release candidate, and I hope to (re-)release 11.3 tomorrow morning.

If you're already on 11.3, you can go ahead and just stay on it, as the only thing that will change for the new 11.3 release is the setup, and if you're already working, then you have no need for it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

@Wanderer189 Good to know. Did you get it all resolved then? What was the specific issue with the paths?

Yes, it is fixed for me. Looking at a older backup file, it looks like the path had an extra "space" in it. It was this:

Z:\LaunchBox Data Files \Videos\Windows - (I have no idea how, but I had an extra space after "Files" and before the "\"; and should have been this:
Z:\LaunchBox Data Files\Videos\Windows

I guess moving the videos to different hdd, changing the platform in LB to reflect it, then putting it back to original drive, then editing the platform again in LB corrected it. I can't believe the amount of time I spent to run down something like an extra space in a path....or why it had been working for months until v11.3 beta's came out. You're the greatest, thanks for hanging in there with me....

Edited by Wanderer189

2 minutes ago, Wanderer189 said:

Yes, it is fixed for me. Looking at a older backup file, it looks like the path had an extra "space" in it. It was this:

Z:\LaunchBox Data Files \Videos\Windows - (I have no idea how, but I had an extra space after "Files" and before the "\"; and should have been this:
Z:\LaunchBox Data Files\Videos\Windows

I guess moving the videos to different hdd, changing the platform in LB to reflect it, then putting it back to original drive, then editing the platform again in LB corrected it. I can't believe the amount of time I spent to run down something like an extra space in a path....or why it had been working for months until v11.3 beta's came out

Wow, that could have actually caused a lot of the issues you've run into recently. Glad you found it. :)

• Like 1

Hello, I am getting this while using vlc in Eatkinola's themer plugin:

Could not load type 'Meta.Vlc.Wpf.VlcPlayer' from assembly 'Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows, Version=11.3.0.19, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=97d6238f04304129'.

App:     Big Box
Version: 11.3-beta-19
Type:    System.TypeLoadException
Site:    Void Dispose(Boolean)
Source:  Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_7

at Ao.Bigbox.Utils.Media.MediaPlayer_VLC.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
   at Ao.Bigbox.Utils.Media.MediaPlayer_VLC.Finalize()

BigBox continually crashes on me, mostly after the first time I exit a game. I thought it was mostly a problem with Unified Redux, but it's also with Unified Refried, and Neon Deluxe Arcade. And it's not only launching, playing, and then exiting a game that causes the crash; BigBox has crashed on me while scanning through the various arcade playlists before I launched a game.

The problem was consistent enough in the various latter betas of 11.3, that I stopped the beta updates and downgraded from beta 15 to beta 12. The issue was still there. I waited until the re-release of 11.3 earlier this week, downloaded and installed it, and the issue hasn't changed.

I have NO issues with LaunchBox. 

I'm wondering if perhaps I shouldn't downgrade to 11.2, but I'm hopeful there'll be a solution.

I'm running Windows 10 home edition. 

Thanks! 

2 minutes ago, krofftsuperstar said:

BigBox continually crashes on me, mostly after the first time I exit a game. I thought it was mostly a problem with Unified Redux, but it's also with Unified Refried, and Neon Deluxe Arcade. And it's not only launching, playing, and then exiting a game that causes the crash; BigBox has crashed on me while scanning through the various arcade playlists before I launched a game.

The problem was consistent enough in the various latter betas of 11.3, that I stopped the beta updates and downgraded from beta 15 to beta 12. The issue was still there. I waited until the re-release of 11.3 earlier this week, downloaded and installed it, and the issue hasn't changed.

I'm wondering if perhaps I shouldn't downgrade to 11.2, but I'm hopeful there'll be a solution.

Thanks! 

I believe there is a fix coming for this.

6 minutes ago, krofftsuperstar said:

Thanks! 

3 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

I believe there is a fix coming for this.

Yup, sorry for the trouble. I have a fixed beta uploading now. :)

• Like 1

On 8/25/2020 at 2:08 PM, The Mask said:

Hello, I am getting this while using vlc in Eatkinola's themer plugin:

Could not load type 'Meta.Vlc.Wpf.VlcPlayer' from assembly 'Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows, Version=11.3.0.19, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=97d6238f04304129'.

App:     Big Box
Version: 11.3-beta-19
Type:    System.TypeLoadException
Site:    Void Dispose(Boolean)
Source:  Ao.Bigbox.Themer.v3_9_7

at Ao.Bigbox.Utils.Media.MediaPlayer_VLC.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
   at Ao.Bigbox.Utils.Media.MediaPlayer_VLC.Finalize()

What theme are you using?

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

11.4-beta-1 is out now to fix a few issues with certain themes, and fix the crashing upon returning from games that some users were experiencing. Depending on how this beta goes, we may put out an official fix release tomorrow, so your feedback is appreciated.

Just put the beta through its paces and had NO issues. Thank you!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

What theme are you using?

It happens on any theme that uses vlc as the video backend if playing a vid through this plugin. It may be a renaming of a dll on these new updates issue or bigbox dll which calls the backend got moved somewhere else with the new updates.

Edited by The Mask

@Jason Carr Logging out of Origin doesn't seem to work. I logged into the wrong account (a second Origin account I have with no games), but when log out and try to go through the Origin import process it still has me logged in to the account I don't want to use. 

I just noticed that when I import it the login browser pops up for a second and then disappears, so I think LB is auto logging into that Origin account. 

Edited by OhBoy

42 minutes ago, The Mask said:

It happens on any theme that uses vlc as the video backend if playing a vid through this plugin. It may be a renaming of a dll on these new updates issue or bigbox dll which calls the backend got moved somewhere else with the new updates.

Unfortunately we need to reach out to @eatkinola for an update to the plugin. That's my fault (I had to move the Meta.Vlc stuff to it's own DLL). Should be a simple change for him to make, at least.

43 minutes ago, OhBoy said:

@Jason Carr Logging out of Origin doesn't seem to work. I logged into the wrong account (a second Origin account I have with no games), but when log out and try to go through the Origin import process it still has me logged in to the account I don't want to use. 

I just noticed that when I import it the login browser pops up for a second and then disappears, so I think LB is auto logging into that Origin account. 

Good to know. We'll take a look.

• Like 1

I noticed that I'm getting this error if I switch to the theme Colorful from any other theme that I'm using. This started happening when I started using 11.3.

It does load the theme and go away once you select ok.

Windows does not appear to be blocking anything since the plugin is loaded and works. I also disabled Windows Defender, which is my only antivirus.

image.thumb.png.003e17773c99ec8529e5c2ecd83fc1b3.png