LaunchBox Community Forums

11.3-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

19 minutes ago, RULLUR said:

So today I hit Ctrl+B from LaunchBox to start BigBox, and it's been like 15Mins with it not even opening. Thing is I look at the pinned BigBox on my toolbar, and I see "BigBox (2)" when I hover my mouse cursor over it. I then clicked it, and Avast was scanning it since I haven't used it yet after Installing the latest Beta. After that, it decides to start BigBox

Untitled.thumb.png.6afe3efe3882aefdf030f96e0ae81586.pngSame problem again fella, its you, not us.

Kill Avast with fire, seriously.

Had BB running for like 4hrs and got this error...

Not enough quota is available to process this command.

App:     Big Box
Version: 11.3-beta-16
Type:    System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception
Site:    Void PostMessage(System.Runtime.InteropServices.HandleRef, MS.Internal.Interop.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr)
Source:  WindowsBase

at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.PostMessage(HandleRef hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowSettings(Boolean enableRenderTarget, Nullable`1 channelSet)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowPos(IntPtr lParam)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Recent Log:

9:48:45 PM Exception

I moved my entire LaunchBox-11.3-beta-17 directory to another PC, but when running the exe it doesn't start up.

Installing LaunchBox-11.2 over the top allows it to start, but then installing beta-17 it doesn't work again.

This is a re-imaged PC up to date on drivers, updates etc and Microsoft Windows Desktop Runtime - 3.1.6 (x64) is installed

LaunchBox-11.3-beta-17.log Installing LaunchBox-11.2 over the top.log

Edited by wallmachine

9 hours ago, wallmachine said:

I moved my entire LaunchBox-11.3-beta-17 directory to another PC, but when running the exe it doesn't start up.

Installing LaunchBox-11.2 over the top allows it to start, but then installing beta-17 it doesn't work again.

This is a re-imaged PC up to date on drivers, updates etc and Microsoft Windows Desktop Runtime - 3.1.6 (x64) is installed

LaunchBox-11.3-beta-17.log 1.61 kB · 0 downloads Installing LaunchBox-11.2 over the top.log 16.11 kB · 0 downloads

Odd; it looks like some kind of file got corrupted; that's what "An attempt to load a program with an incorrect format" means. Can you try reinstalling the beta again to see if it fixes it?

13 hours ago, dbalcar said:

Had BB running for like 4hrs and got this error...

Not enough quota is available to process this command.

App:     Big Box
Version: 11.3-beta-16
Type:    System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception
Site:    Void PostMessage(System.Runtime.InteropServices.HandleRef, MS.Internal.Interop.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr)
Source:  WindowsBase

at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.PostMessage(HandleRef hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowSettings(Boolean enableRenderTarget, Nullable`1 channelSet)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowPos(IntPtr lParam)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Recent Log:

9:48:45 PM Exception

This is a Windows error that means it's running out of resources. I'm not sure that there's anything we can do to fix that, unfortunately.

I haven't used BB any really with last few betas, but today I am trying and it keeps locking up on me just scrolling though games, the navigation stops first, then the playing video freezes, the audio continues until the video snap is finished, but doesn't loop. Of course, I lose controller and mouse when the navigation freezes. I can only use keyboard to navigate to task manager and kill BB, here is screen shot task manager and file from starting BB until I kill it in the Task Manager. Happens even if PC is rebooted. 

I can't casually scroll though any single platform without it crashing, for some reason happens real bad in the Windows platform.

Untitled.jpg

Debug 2020-08-22 02-15-20 PM.log

If I live it sit for a minute after the video snap, I get this:

Untitled.png

Checked video files of a couple of the crashes, has happened with both mp4 and webm files, seems to be mostly .mp4 files. Not sure about others, that is mainly what I have

UPDATE: I have found this is theme related, I was using CriticalZoneV2 - BlueBox, but also happens with the CriticalZoneV2 - Default (which is one of the default themes). I seen a post where @Jason Carr done some work to the main default theme in a recent past beta version, so I assume that will be needed on the CriticalZoneV2 - Default & CriticalZoneV2 - BlueBox. The actual main Default them works fine

@Jason Carr If you can tell me what you changed in the default theme recently, maybe I can try it with the CriticalZoneV2 - BlueBox for ya if it isn't over my head..haha.

Edited by Wanderer189
Partial Reason

16 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

@Wanderer189 You're seeing issues with the default CriticalZone theme as well? I can't seem to replicate that myself. I'll test Blue Box. I actually didn't change anything in these themes for this release.

Hey Jason, yes it is in both the CritialZone themes. I installed fresh copy of LB and it seems to be when I scroll through my Windows platform, casually scrolling, allowing video snaps to play for a few seconds, especially if I allow it to play the entire  video. It happens with both .webm and .mp4 videos. I can kill BB in the task manager, re-open BB, change to the Main Default theme and it works just fine with the same videos/games. But as soon as I change to either of the CriticalZone themes it occurs.

I have tried to look at the videos to see if something is different about them, nothing I can find unusual about them. Don't know enough about the theme code to know what to look for. 

I apologize about the confusion of the Default theme being worked on, I thought I had read in a post you did some tweaking to it, my bad. Been a long beta run on this one...

6 minutes ago, Wanderer189 said:

Hey Jason, yes it is in both the CritialZone themes. I installed fresh copy of LB and it seems to be when I scroll through my Windows platform, casually scrolling, allowing video snaps to play for a few seconds, especially if I allow it to play the entire  video. It happens with both .webm and .mp4 videos. I can kill BB in the task manager, re-open BB, change to the Main Default theme and it works just fine with the same videos/games. But as soon as I change to either of the CriticalZone themes it occurs.

I have tried to look at the videos to see if something is different about them, nothing I can find unusual about them. Don't know enough about the theme code to know what to look for. 

I apologize about the confusion of the Default theme being worked on, I thought I had read in a post you did some tweaking to it, my bad. Been a long beta run on this one...

Do you have debug logging enabled? Can you send me some log files of the Big Box startup process with CriticalZone Default?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Do you have debug logging enabled? Can you send me some log files of the Big Box startup process with CriticalZone Default?

@Jason Carr Here is the log file using default CriticalZone. Also a video clip, this time it happened on first time trying to change game and Windows brought up the "not responding/wait" error. Usually I can move through a few games, but have to use task manager to kill BB to get out of it.

Debug 2020-08-23 12-35-59 PM.log 2020-08-23 12-36-26.mkv

Edited by Wanderer189

6 minutes ago, Wanderer189 said:

@Jason Carr Here is the log file using default CriticalZone. Also a video clip, this time it happened on first time trying to change game and Windows brought up the "not responding/wait" error. Usually I can move through a few games, but have to use task manager to kill BB to get out of it.

Debug 2020-08-23 12-35-59 PM.log 2.56 kB · 0 downloads 2020-08-23 12-36-26.mkv 19.54 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks for the video and the logs. The logs unfortunately don't give me anything useful, but the video is helpful. It's strange though because I've never seen Big Box lock up like that while just in the middle of video, with nothing else going on. To be honest, I do wonder if you're having some sort of system stability issue. I can't be certain, but that would be my guess here.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Thanks for the video and the logs. The logs unfortunately don't give me anything useful, but the video is helpful. It's strange though because I've never seen Big Box lock up like that while just in the middle of video, with nothing else going on. To be honest, I do wonder if you're having some sort of system stability issue. I can't be certain, but that would be my guess here.

It locks up when I try to scroll to previous or next game, the video for the first game keep playing even after BB has tried to move to previous game (in the clip)

For these new versions, I see that the name of the specific version is imported, but it would be good to put an option to be able to decide whether to want to use the main name or the alternative names, because many times we find different names from the same region.

An option like "use primary or region name".

I know that it can be changed by editing the game, but in the same way that we select the priorities of the images, the same with the names.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Wanderer189 said:

It locks up when I try to scroll to previous or next game, the video for the first game keep playing even after BB has tried to move to previous game (in the clip)

I see. I don't ever recommend using Windows Media Player, but does the problem go away if you switch to the Windows Media Player video playback engine?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Well, if it helps any, since I installed fresh, appears to only be related to Windows platform, so I am not sure I agree it is a system stability issue. If that were the case I would think it would do it on all platforms or on all themes, ya know?

Things that DID work:

1. Changing the Game list view to anything other than Vertical 3
2. Just about any other theme I have tried (don't know of another theme that does the full size videos like CriticalZones).

I believe it has something to do with how the CritialZones are playing the videos in full screen or maybe something in how the code that is calling it to do that, I really don't know. There is some type of conflict with it somewhere, I am trying to find another theme that does full screen and see if that can help see if it is maybe some type of up-scaling issue from Windows or something.

I am running Win 10 (w/2004 update, 1080ti with updated Nvidea driver (08-17-20)

I did try WMP and it does the same thing.

UPDATE: I just tried Unified Redux with Game list Vertical view 4 and it works fine as well, it does the full screen similar to CriticalZone (as far as displaying, not sure how it is called)

Edited by Wanderer189
New Info added