LaunchBox Community Forums

11.3-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

Just wanted to report in that I'm using the latest official release tonight... and so far, so good. One difference I've noticed is that BigBox is opening immediately after the startup video now. I have a large library and several playlists, and would take about 10 seconds to load after the startup video finishes. Not that it was a terribly long time, but this is a very welcomed improvement!

I screwed up...

After 11.3 had successfully installed I noticed that my existing LB shortcut in the taskbar duplicates the LB symbol when running the app - does that make sense? I click on the shortcut which proceeds to open LB as normal but adds another instance of the shortcut to the taskbar during operation. I suppose that is by design? I have a symbolic pointing to LB on another drive which might be the reason.

Anyway, I thought I'd clean this up and deleted the original shortcut after opening LB. I then pinned the running application to the taskbar. In turn, this seems to have wiped my rom and emulator paths to the point where LB can't open a single file in my library (path not found).

What used to be D\Games\Emulation etc. is now ...\Emulation etc. So the drive letter and folder name preceding my Emulation folder is missing.

Is there any way for me to restore the original settings?

It has to do with the new .net core features LB.exe is still present in the root folder but the actual application is now in the core folder. If you were to pin the new shortcut that opens and delete the old one it will start to work as it used to.

Hmm, I think that's what I did? Update to 11.3 > run LB > delete old shortcut > pin new shortcut. But it's completely stuffed it for me.

Can I restore an older version and try again?

EDIT: Right, I understand. There is another shortcut on the C drive that restores all functionality. Phew, crisis averted. Thanks!

Edited by Thornback

Just reporting back that since clearing up my core.net issues (unfortunate Fresh win10 install) described earlier in this post that Launch-box/BigBox is now much more responsive in startup and when loading large image collections with the 11.3 final release.  Nice improvement in comparison to 11.2. Thanks. Please Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

Hi there...

Updated from 11.3-final to 11.4-1... Got some questions

Future Pinball tables

I had for some beta-versions ago the issue (when I installed that beta, it once more was installing some windows plugin, like this time) that Future Pinball couldn't load any tables. I was glad that recently it was fixed. Now it somehow returned, partially.

Only 4 of my 17 installed tables are affected:

4Square (Gottlieb 1971).fpt

ABraCaDaBra.fpt

ACDC MOD2.0.fpt

Aladdin's Castle (Bally 1976).fpt

and again Future Pinball says: "There was a problem loading that file" or Launchbox says "The rom file you've specified does not exist".

That is when using the custom command: /open "D:\EMULATOR\FUTUREPINBALL\TABLES\ACDC MOD2.0.fpt" /play /exit

like the other tables... I copied it, only changing the tablename. When opening the tables outside Launchbox, via Future Pinball, it works 100 %

Future Pinball Exit

I used too exit FP-tables with a hotkey (set in Launchbox) on my PS4 controller, works in arcadegames, SNES etc, and worked in FP too, but not anymore, for a while.

Max Players

The new field doesn't show even if I set the setting. Could it be because I use the theme Lambda  beta 1.1? I only view Listview, not big Box.

Edited by erling1000

On 8/20/2020 at 1:13 PM, Jason Carr said:

Have you tested the latest beta release to see if the delays have improved for you?

Per the feature requests, it would be best to put those in BitBucket (Help & Support > Request a Feature in the header). Some of them already exist though.

I've now tested on latest beta and I still got a pause when edit, images tab and pressing > fast. It happened 2x at random. However the pause/hang is now much faster.

But I noticed the wait time when I click download media (querying from emumovies) is longer. Maybe a lot longer than before.

Edited by Parse

4 hours ago, erling1000 said:

Hi there...

Updated from 11.3-final to 11.4-1... Got some questions

Future Pinball tables

I had for some beta-versions ago the issue (when I installed that beta, it once more was installing some windows plugin, like this time) that Future Pinball couldn't load any tables. I was glad that recently it was fixed. Now it somehow returned, partially.

Only 4 of my 17 installed tables are affected:

4Square (Gottlieb 1971).fpt

ABraCaDaBra.fpt

ACDC MOD2.0.fpt

Aladdin's Castle (Bally 1976).fpt

and again Future Pinball says: "There was a problem loading that file" or Launchbox says "The rom file you've specified does not exist".

That is when using the custom command: /open "D:\EMULATOR\FUTUREPINBALL\TABLES\ACDC MOD2.0.fpt" /play /exit

like the other tables... I copied it, only changing the tablename. When opening the tables outside Launchbox, via Future Pinball, it works 100 %

Future Pinball Exit

I used too exit FP-tables with a hotkey (set in Launchbox) on my PS4 controller, works in arcadegames, SNES etc, and worked in FP too, but not anymore, for a while.

Max Players

The new field doesn't show even if I set the setting. Could it be because I use the theme Lambda  beta 1.1? I only view Listview, not big Box.

If I am reading your post correctly, you are setting up your "custom command" per table. I only set it in the emulator, then all my  tables work (got around 1300+) and no need to worry about the table name. (/open %romfile% /play /exit). I AM STILL using official  v11.3, bit afraid to update to new beta at this time.

I can get "exit to LB/BB" to work, but can't get a pause or exit screen to work yet. I use PS4 controllers as you do (with DS4Windows), I haven't spent much time on it recently, but am hoping it is just getting the controller mapped so it isn't using the same buttons mapped in BAM or FP.

I have been re-doing my FP library creating custom box art and clear logos. I hope to upload a setup guide with all the tables and media after I get the media work done.

Here is a screenshot of what I have for my custom command in the emulator, I use nothing on the individual tables. Maybe this will help ya. I tested the 4 table you mention, and they are working for me,

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Wanderer189

@Wanderer189 See this link on Future Pinball and pause/exit screen to maybe save some fiddling time.  Nutshell version, pause feature will only work if directly launching Future Pinball.exe. If going through BAM or other AHK type setup then Pause will not work.  You should be able to exit with Game Controller mapping in LB though.

@erling1000 Like wanderer189 said, you shouldn't need to make any custom commands. If tables have all the appropriate files the launch command (like shown in Wanderer's screen snap and below) setup in Emulator menu default command line parameters will launch all tables with no modifications. Might make sure you have no conflicting commands in the table edit view.  My Xbox One controller exits fine, so not much help though on PS4 question other than recheck the mapping and not conflicting with something else.

/open %romfile% /play /exit

On the Max Player view, have you checked with default theme to see if there? If working in default then likely a theme update issue.

7 hours ago, sundogak said:

Like wanderer189 said, you shouldn't need to make any custom commands. If tables have all the appropriate files the launch command (like shown in Wanderer's screen snap and below) setup in Emulator menu default command line parameters will launch all tables with no modifications. Might make sure you have no conflicting commands in the table edit view.  My Xbox One controller exits fine, so not much help though on PS4 question other than recheck the mapping and not conflicting with something else.

Hi sundogak and wanderer 189.

Used your advice and removed all table specific commandlines, and used the one you mentioned, in Emulator Setup instead. Worked as before (just fine on the other tables, so now I don't have to do seperate commandlines ? ). No improvement on the 3 tables where LB said "The rom file dosn't exist". But  the 4th table (Alladin's Castle) where FP said "There was a problem loading that file", now loads fine. The 3 others work after I delete them and reinstall them in LB.

Thanks for helping ?

Edited by erling1000
  • Game On 1

7 hours ago, sundogak said:

On the Max Player view, have you checked with default theme to see if there? If working in default then likely a theme update issue.

? Sorry, I'm new in this. Now I rediscovered how to change themes. Yes Max Players show up in Default theme. In Lambda beta 1.1 it doesn't. 

13 hours ago, sundogak said:

on PS4 question other than recheck the mapping and not conflicting with something else.

Well I used an hour switching settings etc, and found that it suddenly worked, so I'm guessing a conflict after all ?

Edited by erling1000

18 minutes ago, kblove37 said:

Please check LaunchBox is not finding twelve new windows games I installed after the updates

Screenshot (1).png

This will depend on how the games are installed. If they are not registered to the start menu when installed then Launchbox wont be able to find them.