LaunchBox Community Forums

11.3-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

On 8/28/2020 at 12:05 AM, PanteraZombie said:

Just wanted to report in that I'm using the latest official release tonight... and so far, so good. One difference I've noticed is that BigBox is opening immediately after the startup video now. I have a large library and several playlists, and would take about 10 seconds to load after the startup video finishes. Not that it was a terribly long time, but this is a very welcomed improvement!

When I had that problem I would adjust the sound volume from my keyboard, and then I found if you press Alt a few times it also jumps from the Startup Video to BigBox. Because of the huge library causing BigBox a very long time to open up, I had to modify my Startup into a 10Min part that says "LOADING..." afterwards

I've just run into a weird issue with Beta 11.3.17. Windows Defender identifies it as a virus: Win32/Fuery.C!cl

I looked it up and it's a false positive, but thought I should let you know.

It isn't happening with 11.4 - so that is a good thing.

Edited by skunkie
Added full identified trojan name

Could someone please confirm the downgrade procedure to 11.2? I take it that LB has moved to the 'Core' folder as of 11.3. Do I select this folder when running the 11.2 installer? Or do I go back to the parent folder like it used to be? Will there be any complications later down the track when I inevitably upgrade again?

For now, I have no choice but to stay on 11.2 until plugins have been fixed, specifically PCSX2 Configurator.

On 8/29/2020 at 11:48 AM, kblove37 said:

they are..I had to go back to 11.2 for launchbox to see them

We'll do some testing to see if we can replicate any issues with the Windows import in the new release. In the mean time, all you have to do to import Windows games is simply drag the shortcuts onto the LaunchBox interface.

On 8/29/2020 at 7:05 PM, skunkie said:

I've just run into a weird issue with Beta 11.3.17. Windows Defender identifies it as a virus: Win32/Fuery.C!cl

I looked it up and it's a false positive, but thought I should let you know.

It isn't happening with 11.4 - so that is a good thing.

Yes, we were aware of that false positive. We generally don't work at getting around anti-virus false positives for the beta releases, but we do for the officials.

On 8/30/2020 at 8:06 AM, brigada said:

Hello Jason,

there are some graphics problems from version 11.3 to 11.4

here the video:

2020-08-30 16-57-14.mkv 7.39 MB · 6 downloads

I've seen that recently from one other user as well; unfortunately it's a video driver bug that causes it (and was mostly fixed for the other user with a video driver update). Can you try updating your video drivers?

14 hours ago, Thornback said:

Could someone please confirm the downgrade procedure to 11.2? I take it that LB has moved to the 'Core' folder as of 11.3. Do I select this folder when running the 11.2 installer? Or do I go back to the parent folder like it used to be? Will there be any complications later down the track when I inevitably upgrade again?

For now, I have no choice but to stay on 11.2 until plugins have been fixed, specifically PCSX2 Configurator.

You can safely install 11.2 directly over top of your LaunchBox folder. Not the Core folder, but your original LaunchBox folder. Watch carefully though in the installer, because if you browse to a folder, it will automatically put \LaunchBox on the end of it (which makes sense for new installs). Just check the text box after browsing to make sure you've selected the correct folder and not a LaunchBox\LaunchBox folder.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, brigada said:

HI Jason,

I just reinstalled the graphics driver, did not help.

With version 11.2 I don´t have the problem.

24qbzkhe.png

It's a driver incompatibility issue specifically with the newer .NET Core version. Sadly, there's not much we can do to fix it as it's either a Microsoft bug or a driver bug. Feel free to downgrade to 11.2, but hopefully it'll be fixed with a new driver or a Windows update shortly. Just out of curiosity though, what model is your video card?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

It's a driver incompatibility issue specifically with the newer .NET Core version. Sadly, there's not much we can do to fix it as it's either a Microsoft bug or a driver bug. Feel free to downgrade to 11.2, but hopefully it'll be fixed with a new driver or a Windows update shortly. Just out of curiosity though, what model is your video card?

GeForce® GTX 1080 Mini ITX 8G

• Like 1

this has been for quite a few versions now, but laptops set up their function keys to a special set of characters for calling. each brand codes their function keys differently. I don't know if it has anything to do with what I'm about to say but my laptop is a clevo and to press mute, I have to press fn+f3. with that said, for some reason when I set a button on the controller and choose to bring up the menu to end the bigbox menu to end the game, it always triggers my laptop to mute. I've tried the left stick button to bring said menu up, and ive used the ps button on my controller. on first start of bigbox, pressing either when mapped to bringing up the pause screen menu, triggers mute. But after that one time never again. That is until I go into a game and press those mappings again (any mapping will do to that pause screen). It always goes to the pause screen while at the same time, muting my laptop.

Edited by The Mask

On 9/1/2020 at 9:08 AM, The Mask said:

this has been for quite a few versions now, but laptops set up their function keys to a special set of characters for calling. each brand codes their function keys differently. I don't know if it has anything to do with what I'm about to say but my laptop is a clevo and to press mute, I have to press fn+f3. with that said, for some reason when I set a button on the controller and choose to bring up the menu to end the bigbox menu to end the game, it always triggers my laptop to mute. I've tried the left stick button to bring said menu up, and ive used the ps button on my controller. on first start of bigbox, pressing either when mapped to bringing up the pause screen menu, triggers mute. But after that one time never again. That is until I go into a game and press those mappings again (any mapping will do to that pause screen). It always goes to the pause screen while at the same time, muting my laptop.

My Laptop also Mutes during Pause Menus which I do via the Home/Guide button, but thought that was normal for any computer to do it as well since the sound isn't needed when in the Pause Menu anyway, but I have a feeling some out there probably want Music they set to the title or whatever else going in media while the Pause Menu is opened. I FINALLY just bought a ThinkCentre the other day after watching some @ETAPRIME videos a while back, so I'll be doing some Beta Testing with that too to see if it's just a Laptop thing or not along with everything else as more features come about.

On 9/1/2020 at 2:51 AM, wallmachine said:

I have to restart LB now to see changes when switching between 'Use LaunchBox Default Background' and 'Use Desktop Wallpaper'.

This may be an issue with the custom theme (that's all I can figure). Just tested this and it seems to be working fine for me.

On 9/1/2020 at 8:08 AM, The Mask said:

On 9/7/2020 at 5:13 AM, RULLUR said:

My Laptop also Mutes during Pause Menus which I do via the Home/Guide button, but thought that was normal for any computer to do it as well since the sound isn't needed when in the Pause Menu anyway, but I have a feeling some out there probably want Music they set to the title or whatever else going in media while the Pause Menu is opened. I FINALLY just bought a ThinkCentre the other day after watching some @ETAPRIME videos a while back, so I'll be doing some Beta Testing with that too to see if it's just a Laptop thing or not along with everything else as more features come about.

The pause screens do temporarily mute the system iirc, in order to prevent some jarring audio hitching that happens with some emulators. Is it staying muted for you?

8 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

This may be an issue with the custom theme (that's all I can figure). Just tested this and it seems to be working fine for me.

The pause screens do temporarily mute the system iirc, in order to prevent some jarring audio hitching that happens with some emulators. Is it staying muted for you?

Yes, it's staying muted. I have to manually unmute. Not only that, every time it is done, my brand of laptop has a big square icon that pops up on the screen every time it is muted/unmuted.

29 minutes ago, The Mask said:

Yes, it's staying muted. I have to manually unmute. Not only that, every time it is done, my brand of laptop has a big square icon that pops up on the screen every time it is muted/unmuted.

I see. I can't see us getting that working on incompatible systems, unfortunately, but there is an option to turn off audio muting during transitions, which should solve the problem.

On 8/31/2020 at 7:11 PM, Jason Carr said:

I am having a similar graphical issue I have a GeForce GTX 1060 6gb card, latest game ready driver installed, I have tried reinstalling net core and ensuring windows is up to date but nothing seems to be correcting this issue. When first updated to 11.6 big box ran once with no graphical issues and the videos were proper sizes, however after doing a media scrape and starting big box again all the graphical glitches have returned. I'd like to revert back to 11.2 but every time I do so when I switch from launchbox to big box it automatically updates to 11.6 despite all update option being unchecked.

46 minutes ago, Kimjongilist said:

I am having a similar graphical issue I have a GeForce GTX 1060 6gb card, latest game ready driver installed, I have tried reinstalling net core and ensuring windows is up to date but nothing seems to be correcting this issue. When first updated to 11.6 big box ran once with no graphical issues and the videos were proper sizes, however after doing a media scrape and starting big box again all the graphical glitches have returned. I'd like to revert back to 11.2 but every time I do so when I switch from launchbox to big box it automatically updates to 11.6 despite all update option being unchecked.

Did you turn off all the update check boxes in LB?

Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 10.14.40 AM.png

On 9/1/2020 at 12:11 AM, Jason Carr said:

Hi Jason, with version runtime 3.1.8 the graphics problem fixed.