LaunchBox Community Forums

11.3-beta-8...and I'm Dead in the Water Again

PiperCalls

It just pushed out, install hung up stating it couldn't close out some applications. I selected cancel, it said it was rolling back. Now LB won't launch at all, if I try to launch it I get a spinning circle for a second and then nothing. Reboot doesn't help. If I try to launch BB I get an error msg about needing .NET core installed (which it already is). So...I redownloaded .NET Core 3.1 Desktop Runtime x64, tried to repair...nothing, uninstalled & reinstalled...BB still says it needs to be installed.

Help...Piper

Anything related to 11.3 beta or any beta that comes out for that matter always goes in the thread for the version that says beta-1Released in this case 11.3-Beta 1 Released. Granted maybe when a new release/beta comes out the name of the thread/post probably should be named something like "11.4-Beta Releases" or something along those lines so not confusing for some where to post issues might be obvious for some but others maybe not. But hey it's Jason's thread so he can name it whatever he wants hahaha.

Hopefully that explains it to the masses. If you create a separate post then it will more than likely get lost in the shuffle and not seen so best to keep it in the same thread regardless of what beta it is that is having the issue and also Jason always will post the next beta in that thread.

Edited by Krakerman

Would install 11.2 over your current installation. Run LaunchBox, let it detect the most recent beta version and let it download that, then run that install. Installer has the needed .NET Core installer built in it and as long as you don't cancel out the process while it runs should install what you need and get you back up and running.

2 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Would install 11.2 over your current installation. Run LaunchBox, let it detect the most recent beta version and let it download that, then run that install. Installer has the needed .NET Core installer built in it and as long as you don't cancel out the process while it runs should install what you need and get you back up and running.

Thx I'll try that. Do I need to copy out any xml's or images/videos or will it leave all that alone? 

Thx

22 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Nah can leave that alone, installer doesn't delete/modify those folders

Installed 11.2 over the top. At first launch updated to 11.3-beta-8. Everything is working fine, issue resolved. I went ahead & turned beta off for now since my PC seems to be having issues with the beta updates.

Thank for the help!...Piper