LaunchBox Community Forums

Another windows 10 update chaos

drphobus

Last night i had my Launchbox database error ( nice backup system, it works) and on trying to find out why

came across lots of people having BSOD after latest windows update (17 April ) so the instability of windows, might be having a negative effect on launchbox. Just a thought.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, drphobus said:

Last night i had my Launchbox database error ( nice backup system, it works) and on trying to find out why

came across lots of people having BSOD after latest windows update (17 April ) so the instability of windows, might be having a negative effect on launchbox. Just a thought.

Thanks @drphobus. Good to know. We'll do some investigating.

• Like 1

I'm only going to update Windows 10 every 18 months. That's when they pretty much force you to or you don't get any virus protection or anything. It just happened to me I went from 1903 to 20H2, and I won't be updating again until the end of 2022. This is just another of many examples of how Windows updates breaks things instead of fixes them.

https://www.maketecheasier.com/stop-windows10-forced-updates/

Edited by Jayinem

8 minutes ago, Jayinem said:

I'm only going to update Windows 10 every 18 months. That's when they pretty much force you to or you don't get any virus protection or anything. It just happened to me I went from 1903 to 20H2, and I won't be updating again until the end of 2022. This is just another of many examples of how Windows updates breaks things instead of fixes them.

https://www.maketecheasier.com/stop-windows10-forced-updates/

This is weird, cause im on the insider builds of Windows so way ahead of most users, and i have no issues at all with Launchbox/Bigbox, so i suspect its not Windows itself and maybe a currently used dependency maybe, or simply antivirus issues.

1081031517_2021-04-2417_44_40-.thumb.png.3d7c31f07e9b763ca25fa6c52aaedabe.png 

• 2 weeks later...

I have gotten a couple of BSODs since the update, sigh. But I wasn't running LB or BB at the time, so mine are unrelated, at least.

On 4/24/2021 at 9:22 AM, Csfieldmusic said:

I seem to be having this issue as well. Windows 10 updated and now I can not get launchbox or Bigbox to open. Any solutions? 

Are you still having this issue? My guess is that it's unrelated, but I can't say for certain. Do you have debug logging enabled?

1 hour ago, wallmachine said:

why was my comment deleted its relevant and could help @Csfieldmusic

I removed it because as I stated in the thread you linked in it, a user should never run LaunchBox as admin. it WILL create far more issues than it has the potential to fix. If you require admin privileges to run and use LaunchBox you have something set up wrong. Want to keep the misinformation to a minimum and so removed the post.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...

(Sigh) This to be expected when one fires their PC people and replaces them with Nokia phone people. Yes during Win 8  development cycle MS fired a bunch of their tech people and replaced them with Nokia after buying them out during the MS 'shakeup' as the articles stated. A FAILED phone company.  Insert connections here. 

Edited by 2ndWind