LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox not downloading video snaps.

Garrette63

I'm having the same problem as you guys. Its been happening on version 11 as well as 12. Downloading media for a single game it can find the video snaps and download them, but when downloading in bulk it will download very few of them if any any videos at all. Most the time in bulk it just does nothing when it gets time for it down download the videos and the downloader exists as if it finished. 

• 2 months later...
17 minutes ago, L4ZYD4NE said:

Sorry guys, but I'm gonna necro this puppy as I'm having the exact same issue atm as well. Has there been any kind of a solution for this? T.T

What version are you on? Have not seen any recent reports of this issue and just downloaded a few videos myself.

What is the exact issue for you? Single game video download or it will not download for multiple games at once?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Retro808 said:

What version are you on? Have not seen any recent reports of this issue and just downloaded a few videos myself.

What is the exact issue for you? Single game video download or it will not download for multiple games at once?

Hey there, first off thanks stacks for the speedy response, it's really appreciated.

Okay, so the version is 12.7-beta-7 and the issue applies to multiple downloads, single downloads aren't an issue at all. I Noticed the problem while I was trying to download HD arcade/MAME vids to replace some of the older ones and yes I did indeed select the option to replace any/all existing media. In the meantime I've created a temp folder to download to as that seems to work perfectly.

Edited by L4ZYD4NE

• 3 months later...
On 2/1/2022 at 3:56 AM, Retro808 said:

Hi, I'm currently on LB 12.12 beta 2. I having the same issue as the others with a few differences. Whether I add 1, 5 or 30 games or even an entire platform. No game clips get downloaded. I go to the games I've added>edit>media>videos>download>click EmuMovies and no videos showed up. This started after I told LB to stop scraping from EM because it would take forever to just search for media on EM, then it would even longer to download. (I figured I would be ok just using LB media). This issue started a bit before the EM speed fix was implemented (12.09-ish?). After the fix I changed my EmuMovies password on the site and updated it in LB settings, making sure to re-enable the setting so LB uses EM for a media source). Still no dice. I have even gone as far as changing my password once more before coming here for answers. Still...nothing. Any suggestions? Should I create a new post altogether? @Jason Carr Have you heard of this issue? Any input from you would be followed to a 'T'. Thanks in advance!

21 hours ago, CtinD said:

Hi, I'm currently on LB 12.12 beta 2. I having the same issue as the others with a few differences. Whether I add 1, 5 or 30 games or even an entire platform. No game clips get downloaded. I go to the games I've added>edit>media>videos>download>click EmuMovies and no videos showed up. This started after I told LB to stop scraping from EM because it would take forever to just search for media on EM, then it would even longer to download. (I figured I would be ok just using LB media). This issue started a bit before the EM speed fix was implemented (12.09-ish?). After the fix I changed my EmuMovies password on the site and updated it in LB settings, making sure to re-enable the setting so LB uses EM for a media source). Still no dice. I have even gone as far as changing my password once more before coming here for answers. Still...nothing. Any suggestions? Should I create a new post altogether? @Jason Carr Have you heard of this issue? Any input from you would be followed to a 'T'. Thanks in advance!

Are you seeing the videos as selected options when using the Download Metadata/Media Wizard in the page where you select items you want to download from EmuMovies? If you see the list but videos aren't in them they EmuMovies is telling us you aren't an active premium user (EmuMovies premium, not LaunchBox) and that you don't have access to that content. If this is happening you would want to reach out to EmuMovies support and have them take a look at it as that is all handled by them and their servers.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2022 at 6:03 AM, C-Beats said:

Are you seeing the videos as selected options when using the Download Metadata/Media Wizard in the page where you select items you want to download from EmuMovies? If you see the list but videos aren't in them they EmuMovies is telling us you aren't an active premium user (EmuMovies premium, not LaunchBox) and that you don't have access to that content. If this is happening you would want to reach out to EmuMovies support and have them take a look at it as that is all handled by them and their servers.

Hi, sorry for not getting back sooner. I am not seeing the videos at all. I feel stupid now...I completely forgot to renew my membership since I haven't been tweaking my setup much as of late. I thought that LB offered snaps as well, doesn't LB dl cinematic theme videos for games, or am I mistaken? Thank you for your answer.

Edited by CtinD

3 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

I believe there are about 10 of those total across all systems, we do provide platform/playlist videos, but not game videos.

Thank you for clarifying but...I am a bit confused...what happened to the Super Mario Bros theme video? That was being offered by LB, it is even showcased on YouTube with a dead link. Does anybody have that video?

35 minutes ago, CtinD said:

Thank you for clarifying but...I am a bit confused...what happened to the Super Mario Bros theme video? That was being offered by LB, it is even showcased on YouTube with a dead link. Does anybody have that video?

As i said there was only about 10 of those, and i don't know if they are available anymore, but i'm gonna say they are not, but if they are they will be in the cinamatix media option i believe.

6 hours ago, neil9000 said:

As i said there was only about 10 of those, and i don't know if they are available anymore, but i'm gonna say they are not, but if they are they will be in the cinamatix media option i believe.

Ok, thank you for your time, I hope you have a good evening.