LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox for Android New Version - Beta Testing

Jason Carr

14 hours ago, Dbxfan said:

Please please add ReDream. Thank you for such a great app!

I recently checked Redream and it does work inside of LaunchBox for Android already, but you must first add your game folder inside of Redream and then go into your Android settings and give redream the file permission called "Allow management of all files".

1 hour ago, faeran said:

I recently checked Redream and it does work inside of LaunchBox for Android already, but you must first add your game folder inside of Redream and then go into your Android settings and give redream the file permission called "Allow management of all files".

Thank you for this. I will check and change emu to redream when I get home. Still hoping for an openbor and like the gentleman above said, a good DS emulator. Love the castlevania games on DS, can never play them on anything besides my phone because of the second touch screen. Wish there was a way to use a gamepad, and a phone as the secondary screen. Oh well tho, I mean, it was meant to be a handheld anyways.

3 minutes ago, Nabizzles said:

Any idea why this happens? All the other views show the box images just fine. It's just the Grid Views (both of them) always just show the first image and then they do this:

Screenshot_20220614-160410.jpg

Looks like that view/theme might be out of date (from a beta). So it's worth deleting that theme folder from your LaunchBox folder so you get the latest.

As far as why only one image loads though, I've never seen that issue. What device are you using?

1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

Looks like that view/theme might be out of date (from a beta). So it's worth deleting that theme folder from your LaunchBox folder so you get the latest.

As far as why only one image loads though, I've never seen that issue. What device are you using?

That's probably whats going on. I'll give the deleting a try. Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra.

21 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Jason,

So I tried downloading the new versions of all the themes and swapping them out. Also moved my data folder from my microsd card to my internal storage on the tablet. No change. 

I then looked into the launchbox folder and it looks like the themes are utilizing box image thumbnails. And for some reason I only have one image in all the thumbnail folders but I have the full box images in all the other folders. When I go to download all missing media, it doesn't download the thumbnails. 

Do I just have to manually delete all the box images for every platform I set up and redownload them all?

-Nabil

so Drastic DS launching is still not working (waiting for the fix- Jason knows about this)

I also find that CPS3 games are not launching. I use retroarch and fba 2012 cps3 core which runs the game perfectly through retroarch but it wont launch from LBox - i just get a black screen.

On 6/15/2022 at 10:58 AM, Nabizzles said:

Jason,

So I tried downloading the new versions of all the themes and swapping them out. Also moved my data folder from my microsd card to my internal storage on the tablet. No change. 

I then looked into the launchbox folder and it looks like the themes are utilizing box image thumbnails. And for some reason I only have one image in all the thumbnail folders but I have the full box images in all the other folders. When I go to download all missing media, it doesn't download the thumbnails. 

Do I just have to manually delete all the box images for every platform I set up and redownload them all?

-Nabil

Sounds like a media download got cut off somehow, and so thumbnails weren't generated. I'm not exactly sure how that could have happened. Unfortunately you will likely need to delete the platform, and then choose yes to delete the media files. Then you can re-import the platform and use the Download Missing Media tool.

On 6/16/2022 at 4:27 AM, master333 said:

so Drastic DS launching is still not working (waiting for the fix- Jason knows about this)

I also find that CPS3 games are not launching. I use retroarch and fba 2012 cps3 core which runs the game perfectly through retroarch but it wont launch from LBox - i just get a black screen.

I have not tested that core. I can add it to my list. Since it's RetroArch though, I'm doubtful that there's anything we can do to fix the core. Most likely there's something else going on.

1 minute ago, master333 said:

The core itself works fine within retroarch. The core is also selectable in launchbox emulator settings but when I click play from lbox it just shows a blank screen.

We have seen that as a RetroArch/core bug in the past, where games will run fine, but not when launched from any external app. As of yet, we have never seen a situation where a specific core was not working in RetroArch and it was because of a LaunchBox bug. Unfortunately (or fortunately) it's always been either a RetroArch configuration issue or a bug in the core. Do make sure that your ROM paths are correct, because we've seen that as an issue before as well.

Hey guys,

does Launchbox (and emulators ) still work on Android 13… I’ve heard a whole bunch about “scoped storage” but I don’t really understand what the heck that is, I’m about to buy a pixel 6 (coming from iPhone)… one of the big draws is emulators & launchbox,

just want to make sure everything still works before I purchase. Any one had any experience?

4 hours ago, Bbam said:

Hey guys,

does Launchbox (and emulators ) still work on Android 13… I’ve heard a whole bunch about “scoped storage” but I don’t really understand what the heck that is, I’m about to buy a pixel 6 (coming from iPhone)… one of the big draws is emulators & launchbox,

just want to make sure everything still works before I purchase. Any one had any experience?

According to the documentation, I don't see any scoped storage changes from Android 12 to Android 13, so it shouldn't be an issue. Keep in mind that there are some issues with certain emulators on Android 11+ (ones that haven't been updated or have been updated incorrectly). Generally it doesn't matter though because RetroArch works great for most platforms and most of the other important emulators work fine. So you should be good to go (but of course I can't make any promises because ...Google).

Does anyone have any png recommendations for the category screen? The screen in between the emulators home screen and games screen. I see you can download your own banners and put them on storage and use them. I can't find any decent ones. I have a premium emumovies account too. Or does anyone know if themes will be made about said screen section. I'm using all of vikings nostalgic 16x9 for my emulator screen, and unified lite for all my game screens for a really nice feel. So the category screen annoys me quite bad being themeless and bannerless. 

19 hours ago, Dbxfan said:

Does anyone have any png recommendations for the category screen? The screen in between the emulators home screen and games screen. I see you can download your own banners and put them on storage and use them. I can't find any decent ones. I have a premium emumovies account too. Or does anyone know if themes will be made about said screen section. I'm using all of vikings nostalgic 16x9 for my emulator screen, and unified lite for all my game screens for a really nice feel. So the category screen annoys me quite bad being themeless and bannerless. 

You can get rid of the categories page altogether (which is what I did). Just remove the Default Secondary Filter.

LaunchBox for Android 1.4-beta-1 is out now with the following:

• All games views can now be sorted by any field (both ascending or descending) via the top menu

• Last Played and Play Count fields are now updated when playing games

• Added Date Added, Date Modified, Last Played, and Play Count fields to game metadata edits

• Imports now populate the Max Players and Release Type fields, which were previously missed

Happy testing. :)

• Like 2