LaunchBox Community Forums

Neptune

View File

The newest version of this theme requires version 13.3, or higher.

A LaunchBox Custom Theme I developed to help me understand the code behind themes. Because of this, most items within the XAML files are commented, which were added in order to help me keep track of what was going on. Sources of inspiration include the Lambda theme and GOG Galaxy.

The notable item this theme accomplishes is the tab approach to the Game Details Page.

Please feel free to use parts of this theme in your own creations.

Installation

• Extract the Neptune folder into LaunchBox\LBThemes
  • In LaunchBox, open Options, under Visuals > Main Window Theme and select Neptune from the dropdown.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, kobaturtle said:

Could be nice to have platform name in details panel (below title?) It might be useful when navigating in a playlist containing several systems.

Thanks again for the theme!

I'll definitely keep that in mind for a future update.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, Wally said:

Hi and thank you for the new theme.

I cannot find the RetroAchievement total score which is indeed displayed in the stock theme.

Any chance you can have it displayed?

Thank you

This appears in its own tab at the bottom of the game details, when available. 

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to be having an issue modifying images after this Theme is in place. I have confirmed there are no issues when I switch to the default theme. I get a message after trying to modify images for a game stating "Could not complete... xxxx due to being used by another process". This cancels any modifications I had performed. If you would like I can go gather a screenshot. Very odd. 

9 hours ago, neosean99 said:

I seem to be having an issue modifying images after this Theme is in place. I have confirmed there are no issues when I switch to the default theme. I get a message after trying to modify images for a game stating "Could not complete... xxxx due to being used by another process". This cancels any modifications I had performed. If you would like I can go gather a screenshot. Very odd. 

That does sound very odd. Themes don't actually control any of that logic, so very curious to know what could be happening here. A screenshot would be nice to see.

What images are you trying to change?

On 12/8/2021 at 3:13 PM, faeran said:

That does sound very odd. Themes don't actually control any of that logic, so very curious to know what could be happening here. A screenshot would be nice to see.

What images are you trying to change?

Faeran, I was able to resolve this with the last update for Launchbox. Not sure what was occurring. When I switched from this theme to the default it resolved it for a short period, and then reared its head again. I was only trying to edit images within game entries (covers, boxes, screenshots, etc) and it was acting as if something had those images open and therefor could not modify. This is resolved and was not caused by the theme. My apologies. Thank you for a great theme! :)

• 4 months later...

This is great. I'm just wondering is there a way to remove the game background image from the Game Details panel? Also I want to increase the size of the display game count text, could you give me a hand there? Thanks.

Edited by Madhead

10 hours ago, Madhead said:

This is great. I'm just wondering is there a way to remove the game background image from the Game Details panel? Also I want to increase the size of the display game count text, could you give me a hand there? Thanks.

Thanks @Madhead. To remove the images that appear in the background of the Game Details panel, you'll have to open the GameDetailsView.xaml file and remove the following code:

<Grid MinHeight="500" MaxHeight="500" VerticalAlignment="Top">
            <Grid.OpacityMask>
                <LinearGradientBrush StartPoint="0,0" EndPoint="0,1">
                    <GradientStop Color="#61ffffff" Offset="0"/>
                    <GradientStop Color="#e0ffffff" Offset="0.45"/>
                    <GradientStop Color="#e0ffffff" Offset="0.55"/>
                    <GradientStop Color="#00ffffff" Offset="1"/>
                </LinearGradientBrush>
            </Grid.OpacityMask>
            <Image Source="pack://siteoforigin:,,,/LBThemes/Neptune/Images/Fanart_Background.jpg" VerticalAlignment="Top" HorizontalAlignment="Center" StretchDirection="Both" Stretch="UniformToFill" Width="Auto" Margin="-5,-20,0,0">
                <Image.Style>
                    <Style TargetType="Image">
                        <Setter Property="Visibility" Value="Collapsed"/>
                        <Style.Triggers>
                            <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding Game.BackgroundImagePath}" Value="{x:Null}">
                                <Setter Property="Visibility" Value="Visible" />
                            </DataTrigger>
                        </Style.Triggers>
                    </Style>
                </Image.Style>
            </Image>

<Image Source="{Binding Game.BackgroundImagePath}" Stretch="UniformToFill" HorizontalAlignment="Center" ClipToBounds="True" UseLayoutRounding="True" VerticalAlignment="Top" Width="Auto" Margin="-4.5,-20,0,0">

</Image>

</Grid>

Pretty sure you'll find the total games status text in the ControlsView.xaml file. This is the code for it. Just adjust the fontsize to your liking:

<TextBlock Text="{Binding StatusText}" Grid.Row="5" Foreground="#F1F1F1" FontSize="12" FontFamily="Segoe UI Light" Margin="15,0" VerticalAlignment="Center" HorizontalAlignment="Center" />

• Like 1

7 hours ago, faeran said:

Thanks @Madhead. To remove the images that appear in the background of the Game Details panel, you'll have to open the GameDetailsView.xaml file and remove the following code:

<Grid MinHeight="500" MaxHeight="500" VerticalAlignment="Top">
            <Grid.OpacityMask>
                <LinearGradientBrush StartPoint="0,0" EndPoint="0,1">
                    <GradientStop Color="#61ffffff" Offset="0"/>
                    <GradientStop Color="#e0ffffff" Offset="0.45"/>
                    <GradientStop Color="#e0ffffff" Offset="0.55"/>
                    <GradientStop Color="#00ffffff" Offset="1"/>
                </LinearGradientBrush>
            </Grid.OpacityMask>
            <Image Source="pack://siteoforigin:,,,/LBThemes/Neptune/Images/Fanart_Background.jpg" VerticalAlignment="Top" HorizontalAlignment="Center" StretchDirection="Both" Stretch="UniformToFill" Width="Auto" Margin="-5,-20,0,0">
                <Image.Style>
                    <Style TargetType="Image">
                        <Setter Property="Visibility" Value="Collapsed"/>
                        <Style.Triggers>
                            <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding Game.BackgroundImagePath}" Value="{x:Null}">
                                <Setter Property="Visibility" Value="Visible" />
                            </DataTrigger>
                        </Style.Triggers>
                    </Style>
                </Image.Style>
            </Image>

<Image Source="{Binding Game.BackgroundImagePath}" Stretch="UniformToFill" HorizontalAlignment="Center" ClipToBounds="True" UseLayoutRounding="True" VerticalAlignment="Top" Width="Auto" Margin="-4.5,-20,0,0">

</Image>

</Grid>

Pretty sure you'll find the total games status text in the ControlsView.xaml file. This is the code for it. Just adjust the fontsize to your liking:

<TextBlock Text="{Binding StatusText}" Grid.Row="5" Foreground="#F1F1F1" FontSize="12" FontFamily="Segoe UI Light" Margin="15,0" VerticalAlignment="Center" HorizontalAlignment="Center" />

Thanks a lot mate! You are a big help and your themes are fantastic.

I really love this theme and it's become my default one (I don't use BigBox much; mostly the desktop browser version of LB).  I particularly like the innovation with the dynamically resizing video in the game details pane; no more loss of real estate with certain videos that have a smaller, less than ideal or odd aspect ratio.  Really good work!  There are only a few things I would customize for myself but I'm afraid theme creator software is too daunting and involved for me, unless there's a more newbie friendly way to customize LB themes for the desktop, non-BigBox version *looks at you all hopefully* 😶

4 minutes ago, JoJoJuJu59 said:

I really love this theme and it's become my default one (I don't use BigBox much; mostly the desktop browser version of LB).  I particularly like the innovation with the dynamically resizing video in the game details pane; no more loss of real estate with certain videos that have a smaller, less than ideal or odd aspect ratio.  Really good work!  There are only a few things I would customize for myself but I'm afraid theme creator software is too daunting and involved for me, unless there's a more newbie friendly way to customize LB themes for the desktop, non-BigBox version *looks at you all hopefully* 😶

At this time the only way to create/edit a LaunchBox theme is manually editing the XAML file. There is no tool like the Community Theme Creator for LaunchBox at this time.

1 hour ago, C-Beats said:

At this time the only way to create/edit a LaunchBox theme is manually editing the XAML file. There is no tool like the Community Theme Creator for LaunchBox at this time.

I tried tinkering with a few xaml files with notepad++ but have no aptitude for HTML code-type endeavors.  Does anyone know offhand which part I would have to delete to get rid of the "Overview" and "Related Games" functions in the game details panel?  I looked for all instance of those words in gamedetails.xaml and deleted them but it did nothing. 

6 hours ago, JoJoJuJu59 said:

I tried tinkering with a few xaml files with notepad++ but have no aptitude for HTML code-type endeavors.  Does anyone know offhand which part I would have to delete to get rid of the "Overview" and "Related Games" functions in the game details panel?  I looked for all instance of those words in gamedetails.xaml and deleted them but it did nothing. 

Sections such as "Overview" and "Related Games" are defined as TabItems within the GameDetailsView.xaml. Look for the line below to find the start of the "Related Games" tab:

<TabItem Header="{Binding RelatedGamesLabel}">

Removing/commenting out the entire <TabItem>...</TabItem> section will take out that tab from the view.

The basic game details are contained within the "OverView" TabItem. If all you want to do is prevent the 'Overview' label from appearing, you can set the "Header" attribute to be an empty string, rather than binding to the overview label.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, essjaygee said:

Sections such as "Overview" and "Related Games" are defined as TabItems within the GameDetailsView.xaml. Look for the line below to find the start of the "Related Games" tab:

<TabItem Header="{Binding RelatedGamesLabel}">

Removing/commenting out the entire <TabItem>...</TabItem> section will take out that tab from the view.

The basic game details are contained within the "OverView" TabItem. If all you want to do is prevent the 'Overview' label from appearing, you can set the "Header" attribute to be an empty string, rather than binding to the overview label.

Thanks.  Is there any type of guide that deals with the text editing aspects of LB's XAML files instead of using the theme creator software  (though I imagine it may be even more difficult this way)?  There are a few other things I want to remove for my personal use that I don't need that take up space in the game details pane.  For example, Platform.  All my launchbox games are installed under Windows category so I don't need the description of what platform they are for that.

Edited by JoJoJuJu59

There doesn't seem to be any kind of guide for editing LB themes specifically (as opposed to BigBox themes). I found my way around with a lot of trial and error, and faeran has added a good amount of commenting  in the files for his Neptune theme on this thread, which helped me work out how to do some specific things.

One thing to remember around things like the platform is that the standard LB options are quite powerful around what is and isn't shown in the game details view. Platform is one of the things that can be switched on and off, along with a lot of the other fields. It's on the Visuals/Game Details section of the Options dialog.